Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

late morning, the second front moves into our region falling as snow everywhere initially, but possibly turning to sleet or rain for a time in areas to the south west of london, mainly hampshire and west sussex, before turning back to snow late afternoon/evening. this could give a few cm everywhere.

there is still an element of uncertainty here, because if the 'warm sector' is further south and west it may well fall as snow all the way through.

Sorry have to disagree, the models, the Meto and the tv forecasts all have a much larger area for sleet / rain tomorrow currently, basically all of our area currently looks like experiencing some sleet / rain at the moment based on the latest model runs.

Of course it can and will change and yes it looks like we will get snow at some point tomorrow but the question is how much and will the sleet / rain stop it settling / wash it away/

After that it is FI but looks promising..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I'm dreaming of a white forecast,just like the ones we used to get,where the snowfields glisten,works there for the missing,and snowballs hit you in the face.ill be singing this naked if the forecast changes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

I live in addington so am hoping the elevation keeps as snow all the way through

Plenty of times I have watched the rain and sleet outside at work but on travelling home find that it has been snow and given a good covering

Posted

Just thinking if it is an all snow event tommorow and with further snow throughout the week! Just wondering how deep the snow may get! Really reminds me of dec 2010!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

What we thinking in terms of elevation for tomorrow? Only 75m hear in Purley, but it all counts. Surely the downs (150m up) will keep all snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Don't worry about all this will it won't it

Once this week gets going and we get our Thames streamer going the rest of the country will be green with envy

No marginality then

Obviously not a forecast just hoping lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Well,that was a nippy ride down the A2 this morning! I`ll be watching the radar today as i don`t fancy a 30 mile ride home in the snow if it comes down later! help.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Morning all!! What's on the agenda for us today?

Not looking so good for us tomorrow but more chances through the week??

Posted

For those who have got access on netweather the NMM high resolution model which goes out to 48rs I usually find very good , especially the T850 charts ( which show the warm sector) and the precipitation type charts. Where I am Reigate , currently the latest run shows that annoying warm sector with -3/-4 T850 air crossing our area around lunchtime tomorrow . In summary , from about 11pm tonight light snow coming in , followed by sleet/ rain tomorrow and then clearing with perhaps some back edge snow later, not really expecting g much to be honest but hey ho we have a week at least of very cold air to come

Posted

Sorry have to disagree, the models, the Meto and the tv forecasts all have a much larger area for sleet / rain tomorrow currently, basically all of our area currently looks like experiencing some sleet / rain at the moment based on the latest model runs.

Of course it can and will change and yes it looks like we will get snow at some point tomorrow but the question is how much and will the sleet / rain stop it settling / wash it away/

After that it is FI but looks promising..

are you aware that tv forecasts are up to 12 hours behind with the data they use? (as ian fergusson has pointed out) also the Met office are still uncertain as to the extent of the rain/sleet/snow. the latest fax charts show the 'warm sector' further south and west. its still a dynamic situation and a lot depends on the speed of the second front and how fast it occludes. still all to play for

anyway, even if tomorrows (daytime) snow is not that impressive, there is potential for some heavier stuff by night-time and wednesdays chart looks very good-

FSXX00T_84.jpg

embedded troughs in there- potentially heavy snowfall......

Posted

For those who have got access on netweather the NMM high resolution model which goes out to 48rs I usually find very good , especially the T850 charts ( which show the warm sector) and the precipitation type charts. Where I am Reigate , currently the latest run shows that annoying warm sector with -3/-4 T850 air crossing our area around lunchtime tomorrow . In summary , from about 11pm tonight light snow coming in , followed by sleet/ rain tomorrow and then clearing with perhaps some back edge snow later, not really expecting g much to be honest but hey ho we have a week at least of very cold air to come

I should think Reigate hill will keep it all as snow... Could be very icy Tuesday morning!

Posted

ukmo still hace us under a yellow warning for snow - as long as these remain its game on IMO

Warnings will probably be updated this morning. Wouldn't be surprised to see the warnings for areas to the south of London being removed.

It's sod's law that my home town of Harrow looks a safer bet for snow than down here in Kent when I used to watch Kent with envy at how much snow they got whilst Harrow usually missed out :-(