Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 15th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

Think I might put myself up for dancing on ice as I performed an unintended triple axel on a frozen puddle this morning. I wouldn't say it was faultless, there was some unsightly flailing of arms, but I stayed upright and managed to pull it off (well, certainly feels like I've pulled 'something' anyway!

Posted

I wouldn't say it was faultless, there was some unsightly flailing of arms, but I stayed upright and managed to pull it off (well, certainly feels like I've pulled 'something' anyway!

Dancing-On-Ice-The-ice-panel-6dc99a.jpg

thats friday/saturday.. you all know how it goes from here!! il try to be hopeful

It's an outcome that a computer and a few humans somewhere think might happen at this point - with far more information to hand than we have!! :lol:

Posted

Was hoping for a six, but I'll take that...

Extend the arms more darling!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Day after tomorrow scenario !!!

A definite 'Thursday' coming-up!

Posted

Fri into the weekend looking tasty as per this mornings run.

But that really is a win or bust situation. 100 miles either way and its sledge time or welly boots time.

Frontal snowfall vary rarely delivers down here. More often than not we get rain whilst the Mids get snowed in.

Lets see what transpires over the next few days. But it is looking increasingly evident that we may have to rely on a frontal system to deliver any noteworthy snow for our region.Given the current slack flow off the continent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters

I'll dance naked through Kingston's market if it snows properly this coming weekend....

....I'm afraid that's the only kingston will see a couple of inches! Ooo errr!

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Light snow flurries in Alfriston east Sussex at the moment , blowing in off the wind

Posted

Another view of the 06Z GFS and it's potential coverage, lets follow this through to Friday's output please!

84_20.gif

90_20.gif

96_20.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Snow in Epsom. Yay

Well that lasted a whole 5seconds.

I'm in Epsom so just got excited but I think you're mistaken - isn't that talc?!! Lol, barely there but guess it shows its cold enough out there?x

Posted

Light snow flurries in Alfriston east Sussex at the moment , blowing in off the wind

It's because you are so posh and Dickensian there!! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Im in Epsom very light stuff,better put the 4 wheel drive on

Lol! I'm thinking of getting the kids from school now in case I can't get get there at 3pm! ;)

Posted

Hi All

I don't post on here much but I guess Im a "lurker" and try to make my own opinion up about what I think may happen. The last couple of days has been disappointing to say the least (in my area) especially when you look at some of the charts that were being posted in the last couple of weeks.

But I like to remain optimistic and I think parts of East Anglia and the South East (largely East Kent but possibly Central Kent too) may see some snow showers (poss q light) later on today from a batch of showers currently off the coast near the Wash and Norfolk but I think by about rush hour they will be in the Kent area if they manage to keep the intensity. Have a look at the current radar on the meteox website and then also look at the forecasted hours and you will see they are making their way down the East Coast. What do you all think? Don't shoot me down if you don't think thats the case. Just a thought.

I wasn't able to post a link/picture as it said the site doesn't allow me to use the "image extension on this community"

John

Posted

Ideally we would want to see further corrections south of that system on Friday afternoon. Just to give us a safety net. If it tracks over Mid-France (Perfic)....Northern France/Channel and we are dicing with a rainy death.

Edited by Shrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Oh my goodness, who wants some of this?

uksnowrisk.png

but wont this be the atlantic attacking therfore followed by mild westerlies which would melt whatever falls fairly quick??

Posted

Ideally we would want to see further corrections south of that system on Friday afternoon. Just to give us a safety net.

Although anything that looks faintly like this run, that's still on here on Friday is fine with me. Fingers crossed and no slip ups this time GFS!!!

but wont this be the atlantic attacking therfore followed by mild westerlies which would melt whatever falls fairly quick??

Not if this pans out as modelled, but a long way to go yet and at least we have the cold more firmly in place this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

few showers pepping up south of Norwich and in the north sea.... :)

Posted

Sort of. We could get 10cm+ but it could be followed by milder winds and a thaw within 48/72hrs.

Depends what you want really.

Lots of snow that sticks for a day or two. Or very littlle/no snow and cold.

A slight shift South and we could stay in the freezer longer.

A slight shift North and we get rain.

It is that knife edge.

Anyway, lets see if the system even makes it as far as us first. The cold to our East could put up a real fight.

Edited by Shrimper