Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 22nd January 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Just Rain Rain Rain in Newhaven Sainsburys at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Light snow flurry here at present in Petts wood/Locksbottom borders,temp 2.1 so not settling!!

Synoptics-7/10-Been a fascinating period and hopefully more to come

Snow-5/10- 2 falls last week on Friday and Sunday but both in this part of NW Kent really failed to deliver the goods that others got!!

Frosts-5/10-Had 2 or 3 hard frosts in early mid December but during this cold spell it seems to have been too cloudy on most nights so temp not dropped lower than -4.7.

17/30 in Total so Overall 5.67/10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

The smallest of little flakes falling out of the sky, to be honest about 5 flakes a minute and they so tiny it's hard to see lol

Posted

Snowing steadily in Walton-on-the-Hill (nr Boxhill) getting heavier, but not settling yet.

Posted

not predicted?

"

Today:

A cold start with local frost and ice. Generally cloudy with occasional light sleet or snow at times, but tending to become drier later. Cold northeasterly winds. Maximum temperature 3 °C. "

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it

Yes exactly. LIGHT snow or sleet. This was MODERATE to HEAVY snow. (Either that it I've been hallucinating for the last hour). No one forecast that.

not predicted?

"

Today:

A cold start with local frost and ice. Generally cloudy with occasional light sleet or snow at times, but tending to become drier later. Cold northeasterly winds. Maximum temperature 3 °C. "

Posted

remember the commodore 64 ? thats the computers we had in the 80's !!

the met men used something rather larger but it probably had less processing power than an imac has today !

Vic 20

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

As my time is now split equally between Hither Green SE London and Fairlight near Hastings i will comment on both.

Synoptics.

never a great synoptic situation for that part of the SE coast,way too much fetch off the sea to promote longevity,however this part of London was well suited. Interest value alone will persuade me to give this a reasonable score, as the whole slider scenario against the weakish bubble of High pressure was fascinating and unusual in equal measure. It never really had longevity written over it so my mark reflects that.....6/10

Snowfall.

Hither green, 5/half inches overall, Fairlight 2 inches overall. 7/10 for HG, 4/10 FLT

Frosts.

Hither Green, very poor frost wise. 2/10,Fairlight much better,5/10.

Both areas recieve 15/30 in total

Edited by sunnijim

Posted

Can you give a brief explanation please...I can understand most charts.....but stuck with these..?

It's the stats for the models and how close they predicted to the actual weather event that happened. The higher the number would mean the better perfromance by that particular model.

That's my understanding of it anyway LOL.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just a quickie from work. Almost certain will make next round of Snow Depth Cup matches in February, hopefully.

Fridays forecast frontal snow > rain unreliable and we'll probably end up with loads of 0-0 draws! Come Feb. we can start from scratch again with nice clear patios and gardens. Would like your opinions, I'm inclined to very much go with Feb., I was knocked out anyway conceeding 4" of snow to Sno'problem on the top of the Post Office Tower, where he's manager of the cafe, allegedly! Only joking Sno'p!

On the subject of measurements SURREY (THORPE), that's not a centimetre ruler I spy is it, what was your depth? Be careful we in the Bookmaking/Betting industry are very tuned in to punters placing ambiguous bets, this being the equivalent!

Finally want to include another rock/pop video with snow scenes for the results sequence in the next round. Have already done New Years Day (U2) and Last Xmas (Wham), do you have any other suggestions. Meanwhile you storm chasing freaks, just for you!

Paul Sherman and MK snowangel take drastic action in the Essex hills, on behalf S.E Net Weather storm junkies, as yet another Spanish Plume drifts towards the Low Countries!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NbuAYET8anE

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by TomSE20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Moderate snow falling with temps at 2c, I don't think it will settle though?

Posted

Yes exactly. LIGHT snow or sleet. This was MODERATE to HEAVY snow. (Either that it I've been hallucinating for the last hour). No one forecast that.

its obviously a general forecast which is pretty much spot on. they can't account for the odd heavier burst, which, as you say, has stopped

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Well now looking as if the block will hold for a spell of snow even for south east,through friday before atlantic breaks Its down. Then flooding becomes the concern. Could be several hours of snow. But Its highly possible winter will be back some point in feb. With small signals, even now showing in latter stage output. One to watch over coming days.

Posted

I see there are Met Office warnings out for Sunday...

for RAIN

Back to the flooding againcray.gif

Posted

Tom

I honestly think Predictions are best way forward from now, like Lowest Temperature Prediction (Offical Reading from some Location) OR.....

Predict a date when we think the next decent snow event (more than 2cms) will happen, each person from each match who is closest goes through. (PREDICTIONS IN ATLEAST A WEEK IN ADVANCE) Or choose a date in Feb but predictions in before the start of Feb

That way you can run this into Spring if needed be and when that happens we can predict Highest Temperature recorded, date of first 15*c recorded and so on...

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

150976_428108907258819_1855941026_n.jpg

Finally, a simple way for me to understand the weather.....biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it

Kind of turned to sleet now booooooo

Synoptics: 7/10 - been interesting

Snow: 8/10 - as I said earlier 4 snow days out of the last 6. We only managed to get off our estate by car yesterday and I spent all weekend dragging my 2 yr old boy around closed roads in a sledge so not bad.

Frosts: 5/10. Strangely disappointing. No real hard frosts despite the snow cover which I find unusual. Most ponds etc only icy round the edges.