Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/03/13 13z---->

A.J

Posted

Heartbreaking as a snow lover to watch as the snow like a stream of lava slides within touching distance beneath us all day long lol. 50 miles further north and it would have been truly memorable for many of us. An event like this may never happen again for this region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

It's all over! After a day of constant snowfall what is left to remind us, nothin.

The roads and pavements are dry as the wind erases the last few remaining snowflakes.

What a day IT COULD HAVE BEEN!

Winters been one big tease,then decides to overstay it's welcome to provide yet another tease,,,,,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Snow settling really easy now, constant steady moderate snow falling, got some pretty big drfits about, some up to 10 inches to a foot deep, level snow here though just coming upto about a cm :D Lovelyyyyy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Another small shower passing through, blowing powdery snow all over the road again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Its actually been better than I thought IMBY this afternoon.

An afternoon of sunshine and frequent light snow flurries/showers here. Don't get me wrong, it could have been a lot better such as heavier showers and starting earlier, but I feared a cold, raw, dull and cloudy day IMBY today, so reasonably happy with this afternoons convective element here.

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

It's all over! After a day of constant snowfall what is left to remind us, nothin.

The roads and pavements are dry as the wind erases the last few remaining snowflakes.

What a day IT COULD HAVE BEEN!

Think yourself lucky,i haven't seen a flake.cray.gif

Sun just broken through, would be quite nice if it wasn't for the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Heartbreaking as a snow lover to watch as the snow like a stream of lava slides within touching distance beneath us all day long lol. 50 miles further north and it would have been truly memorable for many of us. An event like this may never happen again for this region.

You could say it has been a waste of snow as most of it has fallen in the sea!!!

Posted

Its -3c now, light snow and an evil looking cloud coming this way.

Can I have it when you are finished with it please bout time I had another empty cloud pass over!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Can I have it when you are finished with it please bout time I had another empty cloud pass over!!!

Haha!! No problem.... I will get in the new motor and tow it down to you!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I thought today was going to be a non event but you know what? Its been great wintry weather!! This afternoon there have been some heavy snow showers and where I live it looks like someone's sprinkled castor sugar over the edges of everything. Bitterly cold winds and some crisp sunshine mostly though but it sure feels like winter and for march that's a bonus.

2 of my favourite things - convection & snow all in one. One minute I was driving in sunshine, the next it is suddenly a blizzard of powder blowing along the roads. If I wasn't driving I'd of taken pics of the brilliant cloudscapes.

Its been a good winter in my opinion. There has been a real mix. Even had thunder & lightning in January. The only thing that there hasn't been is a proper wound up Atlantic storm. I'll live with that though - saves property from the damage. Just a shame about the floods.

Sorry for the IMBY post by the way but I love the variety we get in the UK its quite exciting (except grey skies for days on end!) :p I just want some big thunderstorms to roll in our way now before the autumn :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in Winter, sunny in Summer :-)

Got a light dusting of snow here now and more clouds approaching.....wondering if I may wake up to a decent covering in the morning.....

Posted

From an imby perspective really disappointed.

However really pleased that some in our region have got pasted, and a fascinating spell of weather to boot.

Posted

Haha!! No problem.... I will get in the new motor and tow it down to you!!

You were quick!!!! I see another black cloud out of bedroom!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Freezing wind and moderate snow for a while now in ryde

Posted

You were quick!!!! I see another black cloud out of bedroom!!!

Thats what she said!! Haha!! Some proper black clouds rolling in... wonder if they will leave us a present??

Posted

Tears proberly!!!

Think you may be right.... I think all things considered it has been an ok winter for some, and close but no cigar for others. Hopefully things will be different next winter for you down there. Being so close to the coast is always difficult but having promise and then not having it delivered is very annoying!!

Truth be told, we should all move to siberia, definitely get some snow and cold then!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Tears proberly!!!

And next winter we will all be drawn into the chase again,lol Edited by cerneman

Posted

Lovely cloudscape outside my window! smile.png

Wow! Hard to believe it is the same country as me. Still blowing a blizzard here and the annoying thing is that it is sticking to the windows so I can't watch in comfort. GRRR. I was cursing this snow earlier when I was cold and wet, well practically hypothermic actually, but now I have a good meal inside me and no reason to go out into the blizzard i am suddenly loving it. Ah the fickleness of women. smile.png

Posted

Sounds and looks like a great day for those cold lovers based on the Channel Islands good.gif

Edited by Jason74