Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/03/13 13z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

BBC South Today weather has just said heaviest snow for West Sussex overnight, but Hampshire, IOW & Dorset could all see another 2-5cm overnight drinks.gif

Another 2 to 5cms for Dorset on top of the 2mm we had today[if that] Don't think can be fussed anymore,,,,,,,,,Come on real Spring

On Weather Strike

post-18298-0-77105800-1363029434_thumb.j

Edited by cerneman

Posted

bbc solent today forecast just stated 2-5cm snow overnight for iow, hampshire, east dorset

was some west sussex reports too, but thats out of our region really.

Was not expecting much more for us overnight.

Was just thinking that some streamers might pep up the edge of the band - can't see it happening any other way

Posted

Another road closed by weather conditions around 8 miles north of me.

A29 Houghton

A29 Live travel

A29 closed, hazardous driving conditions due to snow and ice at A284 London Road / B2139 (Whiteways Lodge Roundabout). Callers report the road has been re-closed due to icy conditions in the area. The A29 was also closed earlier in the day in the same location.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

I can't see 2-5cms happening for here tonight. Would be lovely but I really don't see it. I'm not being negative but looking at the radar can't see where it is coming from. I can see Sussex getting some but not here.

Posted

I can't see 2-5cms happening for here tonight. Would be lovely but I really don't see it. I'm not being negative but looking at the radar can't see where it is coming from. I can see Sussex getting some but not here.

Same here, I can see East Sussex getting more tonight but it looks like it is slowly edging away from West Sussex.so I wouldn't be surprised if it dried up soon, everything very icy indeed now though. That is mainly why the roads I mentioned are closed I think, both very steep hills on the South Downs and conditions will be treacherous with the continuing strong winds drifting the lying snow onto the roads.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Keep the temperature reports coming overnight tonight guys. Should he a very cold night for mid March with some areas getting down to low negative values indeed;

post-12721-0-23486800-1363028876_thumb.j

Posted

There does appear to be some more development over the Channel once again with the front. This can be seen on the satellite picture too with cloud heights increasing.

www.sat24.com

SM

Posted

Disappointing here tbh. No Sun, only some light flurries managed to cross the London area and reach here, despite all the showers further north crossing right over the Welsh mountains and into the Irish sea without loosing any strength! constant snow to my south and the showers coming my way just constantly died.

The strong wind has been interesting though I guess.

Ive been waiting 20 years for a channel low cray.gifcray.gif I think I might actualy rage quit the snow watch for a day or so then have a little look for any last hopes towards end of week. cray.gif

Didn't you get dumped on by one in February 2009? Though I guess that wasn't as windy as this event is.

I remember what I think is still just about the most snow I've seen in Devon and the UK with that in Mid Devon and Dartmoor, although with that some low elevations like my house had sleet then wet snow and it struggled to settle, which is different to what this event could have been as it would have been below 0C right on the coast, and maybe even at sea.

Posted

Definitely worse east of here, heard they didn't grit roads! tsk tsk!

• All Brighton and Hove Bus services are suspended due to snow.
  • There are accidents on the A27 by the Sussex Pad, Shoreham, on the slip road at Hollingbury and at the junction with the A270 Lewes Road, Brighton.
  • The Met Office is predicting 10cm of snow will fall across Sussex by 9am tomorrow

Oh sorry AWD, forgot to enter current temp. -1.7C here at the moment and STILL snowing, everything is very well covered now the temps have dropped. Wish the wind had dropped too. Still gusting to Force 8.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

There does appear to be some more development over the Channel once again with the front. This can be seen on the satellite picture too with cloud heights increasing.

www.sat24.com

SM

does look like its pepping up a bit behind the main band..just hope it stays together to drop some more on the iow :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

If only all that snow in the channel could pivot back round and give westwards and give everyone what they bl**dy well deserve, this event might be worth remembering.

Posted

Absolutely nothing to report on the Berks/Hants border except for the biting winds.

So, so, so, so, so glad we had our fence repaired last week!

Posted

Another 2 to 5cms for Dorset on top of the 2mm we had today[if that] Don't think can be fussed anymore,,,,,,,,,Come on real Spring

On Weather Strike

Well you be grateful for that 2mm, some places have seen nothing at all, any snow at this time of the year is a bonus surely?

Here we have had a fair bit fall, but not much has settled, everytime it stopped today the dusting melted, but I am more than happy to have seen snow fall, even if there isn't much to show for it drinks.gif

Just to add that the temperature has actually risen here, it was -0.3C at 6pm & it is now +0.1C

Edited by SunnySouthCoast

Posted

Well you be grateful for that 2mm, some places have seen nothing at all, any snow at this time of the year is a bonus surely?

Here we have had a fair bit fall, but not much has settled, everytime it stopped today the dusting melted, but I am more than happy to have seen snow fall, even if there isn't much to show for it drinks.gif

Hi SSC. If you got snow in Southsea in March then this is one BIG event. From what I recall Southsea so often misses out on the snow. Glad you got some this time. I nearly got the bus to Pompey today but chose Chichester instead, looked like it was a wise choice.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Still snowing moderately at Ventnor IOW

Temp -2.9

Dew point -5.5

Wind chill -12.2

All roads that lead to Ventnor are blocked!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Here we have had a fair bit fall, but not much has settled, everytime it stopped today the dusting melted, but I am more than happy to have seen snow fall, even if there isn't much to show for it drinks.gif You mediated that strike well,,,I withdraw Industrial action,,

Just to add that the temperature has actually risen here, it was -0.3C at 6pm & it is now +0.1C

You mediated that strike well,,,I withdraw Industrial action,,,, Edited by cerneman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

i'm new and have no real weather knowledge, is the website www.meteox.com unreliable because they snow persistent snow for the whole south coast until 7am tomorrow?

Posted

Hi SSC. If you got snow in Southsea in March then this is one BIG event. From what I recall Southsea so often misses out on the snow. Glad you got some this time. I nearly got the bus to Pompey today but chose Chichester instead, looked like it was a wise choice.

Indeed! We did get some in January but it was very slushy & turned to sleet before it stopped & most had melted by the end of the day. That was the first snow here since Dec 2010! drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Snow has turned heavier here in the last 15 mins - easy 4/10, finally settling on the patio!

Temp -1.7

DP - 5.7

Windchill -6.8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Here are some recent pics I've taken in our ongoing blizzard. More to follow tomorrow smile.png

http://forum.netweat...lizzard-110313/

Edited by Fitzwis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, storms

Temp nearly 1 snow now stopped. Still blowing hard and now having coast flooding !! Think we've had our fill in Guernsey to be honest !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

While everyone else enjoys their snow the Berkshire snow shield is in full operation lazy.gif

All we got was a few 30 second flurries and bone chilling cold (not even the good kind) help.gifcray.gif

Quite disappointing tbh

Now on a positive note here's hoping for some convective Spanish plumes! clapping.gif

post-6667-0-03029500-1308899037.gif

Edited by galacticwarrior