Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 22nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

ok off to work now, no MCs until after 10pm please!

sun came out and temp shot up, now clods are gathering and going greyer - very murky here....

Edited by tara303

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

hey all.

anyone have any idea if an mcs is still prog'd to move up over southern britain during the night ?

sam

Posted

Funny how weve all turned our attention to france

I logged into this forum to see were the thunderstorms were breaking out at about 1600 as that was the time they were expected to be brewing just south of here and affecting us at 1700 according to met office and BBC,  I was getting all excited about hearing about thundery showers affecting places and waiting at the window for the first rumbles,  AS IF ,  All I read is about cells in France  same old story,   and the odd cumulus tower in places like Bristol. Off to the gym instead now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

I logged into this forum to see were the thunderstorms were breaking out at about 1600 as that was the time they were expected to be brewing just south of here and affecting us at 1700 according to met office and BBC,  I was getting all excited about hearing about thundery showers affecting places and waiting at the window for the first rumbles,  AS IF ,  All I read is about cells in France  same old story,   and the odd cumulus tower in places like Bristol. Off to the gym instead now

Well I don't seem to see these cumulus towers?;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

I wouldn't worry too much Ian - anythings possible from here - an untapped boundary layer means more juice when destabilisation finaly does the trick moving in from the west.. all to play for!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow. Hate the hot weather.

Hey Guys !

A new member on the forum but have been watching storms for years. I was a member for a few years on another forum and recognise names and faces on here......you know who you are.

Had to have a forced break from weather watching due to becoming a new dad 12 months ago and a rather stressful job as well.......which isn't stressful anymore. OOh and have recently moved from the North of Brum to the East. SO not a very stressful year at all.

Really hoping for a decent show over the next day or two and hope things really explode tonight. Very hot and humid today with a few interesting cloud formations around.

If anyone is out chasing tonight then remember...........Safety is Paramount.

Posted

Wonder if that cell over Bournemouth is about to explode?

Posted

I'd rather have bone dry conditions than flooding ta very much. I know what you mean though.. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Hey Guys !

A new member on the forum but have been watching storms for years. I was a member for a few years on another forum and recognise names and faces on here......you know who you are.

Had to have a forced break from weather watching due to becoming a new dad 12 months ago and a rather stressful job as well.......which isn't stressful anymore. OOh and have recently moved from the North of Brum to the East. SO not a very stressful year at all.

Really hoping for a decent show over the next day or two and hope things really explode tonight. Very hot and humid today with a few interesting cloud formations around.

Welcome Mitch1969

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Can definitely see some decent looking towers going up to the east of here through the haze. Positive signs, also a radar echo around the Trowbridge area.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

offtopic but: Well what a surprise, no storms so far, but just went in the freezer to grab a ping dinner as it's to hot to cook & found a whole box of Mint choc chip Cornettos.. Yummie. Posted Image

Posted

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people on here who complain about 'seeing nothing' and the 'UK being rubbish for storms'.  

As always, almost impossible to predict and we just don't have the land mass. If you are that annoyed book yourself on a storm chasing holiday. You will see enough to fill your boots for a lifetime!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people on here who complain about 'seeing nothing' and the 'UK being rubbish for storms'.  

As always, almost impossible to predict and we just don't have the land mass. If you are that annoyed book yourself on a storm chasing holiday. You will see enough to fill your boots for a lifetime!

The weather will do what the weather will do and all we can do is try and maximise our chances, if that means flying to the US or taking a walk up your nearest hill for a good view....and as always be patient! Still plenty of time and things are looking better!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Hey Guys !

Welcome mate!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Hail, Torrential Rain

It's currently looking as if parts of Wilts could encounter some storm development during this evening especially as some echoes are now appearing there. These should drift north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lovely Auto cumulus clouds building here. Towering to the south!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

so is cornwall going to miss out again?

Yes looks like it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Cell in France looks like it is dying

Try CPR! ;) The main fun and games shouldnt really get going until through the night!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

An evening of Radar watching first signs of things beginning to become unstable on the radar. I haven't heard the Sheffield Shield go up yet. It was caught out by a stealth storm earlier which sneaked into the area by not producing any lightening then decided to let rip for a short while. Annoyed the shield powdered up and kicked it eastward where it produced plenty of lightening and rain. Anyway I suspect the shield will have another firmware update to prevent sneaky attacks like that and will be ready to shred any storms that dare to approach or happily deflect the more nervous storms around Sheffield so they can pulverize places like Barnsley or Leeds.