Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2013/2014 Forecasts/Hopes/Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

CFS 9 month 29th sept 18z run a cracker with plenty of undercutting going on, I wont post the charts anymore because people get hacked off as they change.

Nothing wrong with posting charts like these at all, your right they do change all the time on the cfs ..but it doesnt hurt to look at the possibilities or trends for that matter....and talking of trends the cfs has for ages now shown loads of cold shots over the comming winter and as you rightly say `slider` lows are in abundance.... which strongly suggests a large block to our N. East.

So keep up your posts and dont let the hacked off people bother you, each to their own.

post-18134-0-06786000-1380574094_thumb.ppost-18134-0-87955000-1380574115_thumb.ppost-18134-0-62328600-1380574134_thumb.ppost-18134-0-00790600-1380574157_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

If you want to post charts that do not change save it to your computer and then upload the saved jpeg image.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Nothing wrong with posting charts like these at all, your right they do change all the time on the cfs ..but it doesnt hurt to look at the possibilities or trends for that matter....and talking of trends the cfs has for ages now shown loads of cold shots over the comming winter and as you rightly say `slider` lows are in abundance.... which strongly suggests a large block to our N. East.

So keep up your posts and dont let the hacked off people bother you, each to their own.

Posted Imagecfs1.pngPosted Imagecfs2.pngPosted Imagecfs3.pngPosted Imagecfs4.png

Yes they did flip back to zonal garbage throughout winter for a good while but the last few runs have shown more blocking, I don't think people get hacked off by the actual charts but I don't like saving anything to my computer as its already slow as anything and so when I post they change and I can post a ripper of a frame one minute but if someone looks 10 mins later it has turned into a Euro so they think 'what is he on about?'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Yes they did flip back to zonal garbage throughout winter for a good while but the last few runs have shown more blocking, I don't think people get hacked off by the actual charts but I don't like saving anything to my computer as its already slow as anything and so when I post they change and I can post a ripper of a frame one minute but if someone looks 10 mins later it has turned into a Euro so they think 'what is he on about?'

Saving a png image to your computer is not going to slow it down.

Posted

Saving a png image to your computer is not going to slow it down.

it clutters it though.

3 or 4 CONSECUTIVE runs now showing this sort of scenario throughout winter

Posted ImageStunner.png

I quite like that sort of scenario.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

it clutters it though.

Just delete it as soon as you've uploaded it.
  • Like 1

Posted

Whilst looking at pressure anomaly trends is one way of looking at what the coming months MAY bring, I'll be keeping my eye on the polar vortex too. Hoping that it doesn't get to full strength. Here's an interesting one I found, it lists three reasons why we should expect a -AO this winter.His theory on low sunspot activity equates to a weaker jet stream and polar vortex certainly seems in keeping with the current state of things.    http://theweathercentre.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/3-reasons-why-arctic-oscillation-will.html 

Edited by andy989

Posted

Just delete it as soon as you've uploaded it.

I am not completely computer literate and haven't the time to start deleting stuff, anyway there was a way to post last winter without changing but it doesn't work or I cant remember properly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

The weather has switched dramatically in 2013 as we all remember well. After the coldest spring for 50 years we hoped for another 1975/83 (hot summer following cold spring) and got it!

This weather pattern is going to break at some point and I hope it is November. All the signs are there.

Out of interest does anyone know when a very cold winter followed a very mild autumn?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

it clutters it though.

Theres an eaiser way that does not clutter and takes very little effort

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77743-winter-20132014-forecastshopesdiscussion-thread/page-61#entry2795993

• Like 1

Posted

Double post.

The weather has switched dramatically in 2013 as we all remember well. After the coldest spring for 50 years we hoped for another 1975/83 (hot summer following cold spring) and got it!This weather pattern is going to break at some point and I hope it is November. All the signs are there.Out of interest does anyone know when a very cold winter followed a very mild autumn?

Breaking in what way? Edited by smithyweather

Posted

Theres an eaiser way that does not clutter and takes very little effort

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77743-winter-20132014-forecastshopesdiscussion-thread/page-61#entry2795993

Very decent, I will try it if I remember next time, a little bit time consuming if your posting a load of charts but I will give it a go.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

As in change. The same way the jet suddenly headed north at the beginning of July this year. It was a big pattern change, bringing the first hot weather for 10 months +

Posted

As in change. The same way the jet suddenly headed north at the beginning of July this year. It was a big pattern change, bringing the first hot weather for 10 months +

It was the first hot weather here since Oct 11!!, I hate even warm weather as it feels hot to me but even I didn't think there was any real real heat in the 2012 summer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Out of interest does anyone know when a very cold winter followed a very mild autumn?

Oct 1985 is a classic 'indian summer'.  Then we had the mighty Feb 86.  But we are in different territory compared to then re PDO, sunspots  etc 

BFTP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

going back to w2010-2011 the only exceptional cold month was of course dec and rest of that winter was nothing to sing about.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

CFS v2 back into the trend of northern blocking this winter now?

post-12721-0-47381900-1380610955_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

This forum needs a trend tally to keep track of how many runs favour blocking and how many favour mobile patterns.

Id put my money on 50 - 50 lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

If CFS is correct we could be in for a rather dry and cool winter

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

CFS has gone wrong this morning as it thinks we have March twice next year and February won't exist

This is February I assure you and not March as it says

The proper March is warmer just so you know the above is February

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun or snow, nothing in between.

New to this forum, as you can probably quite quickly figure out. Been lurking in this thread since a few days now.

I'm glad to know there are others out there that love the snow as much as I do, I thought I was the only weird one.

I have absolutely no idea how to read these graphs you guys put up but I have been reading up on them and hope to learn from you guys too. 

My hopes: Snow, snow, snow and more snow!!! Hate the rain, really.

• Like 4