Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 14/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Great .....

Posted Imageimage.jpg

another one to add to my collection...

Posted Imageimage.jpg

All I can say is if it's snows for 100 days in MK I will eat my hat ....there won't be food by then so I might have to lol

hahahahahahaha

hahahahhahahahahah

hahahahahahahahah

100 days of snow, love the quality of that reporting.....

(I hope they're right)

• Like 2

Posted

hahahahahahaha

hahahahhahahahahah

hahahahahahahahah

100 days of snow, love the quality of that reporting.....

(I hope they're right)

My thoughts exactly. We all laugh at the Express, but secretly hope they're right!

• Like 2

Posted

i suppose after all the press releases i had better start looking for warm charts Posted ImagePosted Image

hi mk

you could have spagHATti on toast Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Here you go Posted Image

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/dayforecast.asp?day=4&zipcode=Great%20Yarmouth&locationID=57426&lat=52.6&lon=1.7&findtype=

MC also showing Snow for Benfleet on weds! But rain for Southend!

If this does somehow pull off, I may be missing college on Weds Posted Image

Not because 'it snowed', but because I want to see the first fall in my area !

I knew there was a good reason to move inland slightly from the coast a while back :)

Argh back to watching lamp posts all night long again next week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

John are you sure that's not your day job and your real name is Nathan RaoPosted Image

Oi, Mr.Mantle where's my Snow Cup spreadsheets (Only joking). I see the Snow Depth Competition was mentioned earlier in the day. I'm going to have to start thinking of a format, if members are still interested in some form of a competition this Winter and I'd certainly have to bring in a standard region wide form of measuring any snowfall. No more KENTimetres, TOWIEmetres and members from Sussex adding freezer preserved snowfalls, from past Winters, to their depths! Of course any members entering the competition in the Bromley area will be given preferential treatment and an easy draw in each round!

All joking aside, if some of you are interested please let me know, there's no point running it for a handful of members but if we do get a reasonable entry I'll try and come up with a workable format, to keep everyone involved through the Winter months.

I thought about splitting the region alphabetically into mini-leagues and then the winners of those leagues going into a knockout format, as we head into the 2nd half of Winter, for instance.

Problem of course is, will we have enough snow events to make it interesting enough. Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts, please.

Meanwhile must get out and cut the grass on Monday to prepare my pitch, for the challenge. Especially looking forward to seeing how my new location of Chislehurst fares, with any easterly convectional snowfall likely to lead to some reasonable snow depths, as the small bodies of water in the area produce a P.E.S streamer.

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 7

Posted

Ha I left Chislehurst in May after a year living there (I lived behind the Imperial Arms pub) to move to Rayleigh in Essex so I really want to beat you :) It was a good winter last year in Chislehurst! Especially as Southeastern trains meant many days of no work.

• Like 1

Posted

Ha I left Chislehurst in May after a year living there (I lived behind the Imperial Arms pub) to move to Rayleigh in Essex so I really want to beat you Posted Image It was a good winter last year in Chislehurst! Especially as Southeastern trains meant many days of no work.

Hi Steve,

Very nice up there, hope you gave the servants good severance pay! Posted Image Yes the Imperial Arms and Ramblers Rest, nice pubs up on the slopes of the Common.

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Mmmm maybe I shouldn't have given my little Rupert (aka Toto) a haircut today .....

post-10773-0-62098100-1384639092_thumb.j

....I think I might have to buy him a coat or jumper now !

post-10773-0-36817100-1384639142_thumb.j

• Like 6

Posted

Oi, Mr.Mantle where's my Snow Cup spreadsheets (Only joking). I see the Snow Depth Competition was mentioned earlier in the day. I'm going to have to start thinking of a format, if members are still interested in some form of a competition this Winter and I'd certainly have to bring in a standard region wide form of measuring any snowfall. No more KENTimetres, TOWIEmetres and members from Sussex adding freezer preserved snowfalls, from past Winters, to their depths! Of course any members entering the competition in the Bromley area will be given preferential treatment and an easy draw in each round!All joking aside, if some of you are interested please let me know, there's no point running it for a handful of members but if we do get a reasonable entry I'll try and come up with a workable format, to keep everyone involved through the Winter months.I thought about splitting the region alphabetically into mini-leagues and then the winners of those leagues going into a knockout format, as we head into the 2nd half of Winter, for instance.Problem of course is, will we have enough snow events to make it interesting enough. Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts, please.Meanwhile must get out and cut the grass on Monday to prepare my pitch, for the challenge. Especially looking forward to seeing how my new location of Chislehurst fares, with any easterly convectional snowfall likely to lead to some reasonable snow depths, as the small bodies of water in the area produce a P.E.S streamer. Tom.

Hi Tom, would be great to do the depth cup, I am still sorry I never got into it last time. I have pinched the roller from the cricket club and will be flattening our small garden as much as possible over the coming weeks, ready for the arrival of whatever snow comes. We're not in a bad place here for snow depth but if I roll too hard the snow will fill the man made hollow and I will be told I have no depth. Which, actually, I could accept....
  • Like 1

Posted

Mmmm maybe I shouldn't have given my little Rupert (aka Toto) a haircut today .....

Posted Imageimage.jpg

....I think I might have to buy him a coat or jumper now !

Posted Imageimage.jpg

It will be character building for him! Our dog has been sheared and is now 1/3rd normal size but I will not ever put him in a coat!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Would love to take part in Snow Depth Cup again Tom! That's if you have the time to do it..

A dank drizzly evening here in Oxford,7.1c. 2mph W

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Steve,

Very nice up there, hope you gave the servants good severance pay! Posted Image Yes the Imperial Arms and Ramblers Rest, nice pubs up on the slopes of the Common.

Tom.

Exactly, the rent was 50% more than the mortgage now and for a place less than half the size! I do miss the Impy though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It will be character building for him! Our dog has been sheared and is now 1/3rd normal size but I will not ever put him in a coat!

It's the poodleX's turn next week - now that really is like sheep shearing....he will shrink by at least 1/3 but it will save him from getting snowballs stuck to his fur !
  • Like 1

Posted

Hi Tom, would be great to do the depth cup, I am still sorry I never got into it last time. I have pinched the roller from the cricket club and will be flattening our small garden as much as possible over the coming weeks, ready for the arrival of whatever snow comes. We're not in a bad place here for snow depth but if I roll too hard the snow will fill the man made hollow and I will be told I have no depth. Which, actually, I could accept....

Hi AS,

Yes as I said at the time, last Winters effort was a hastily arranged bodge job based on a challenge set by Paul Sherman, earlier in that Winter. This years will be open to those members who are on the Reg thread, in the next few weeks.

We could have a Regional Snowball cricket match on your pitch, bagsy we bat first and leave your lot to bat last on a wearing pitch, our S.Warne will do the rest, the fella can turn a snowball at right angles! 

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 3

Posted

It's the poodleX's turn next week - now that really is like sheep shearing....he will shrink by at least 1/3 but it will save him from getting snowballs stuck to his fur !

Ha! Good point Ali, a few years back when it was properly snowy on the streets of Reigate I took our cocker spaniel out for a walk with me wearing my crampons to get a grip on the frozen iced-snow pavements, and we ended up in the nearest woods where the dog acted as a magnet to the snow, which balled all around his legs, and he ended up looking like a white show poodle!Anyway he's sat here being a bit soppy, fire is still going, 16 year old is out with friends and getting a cab back at 11 or so, youngest 2 are in bed, other half is in bed expecting poached eggs for breakfast, and there is a drop of decent red still up for grabs tonight....AS
  • Like 5

Posted

tonight

some places may see a frost but not widespread

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/  no rain

a weak west to south westerly flow

watch for mist and fog patches again

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a weak westerly flow

looks dry but possibly cloudy

maybe a few showery bits to the very far north of the region

temps

around 10-12 degrees

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a weak west to south west flow

temps

somewhere around 5-6 degrees

rainfall

maybe some cloudy drizzly bits around but other than that mainly dry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

monday

Posted Image

a breezy north west flow

trough slap bang over the south east

rainfall

expect some heavy persistant rain

temps

Posted Image

getting to around 8 degrees

will not feel it though

cooling off quickly as the rain clears and night time sets in

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

monday night

Posted Image

a cold and strong north west wind

temps

Posted Image

cold around 3 degrees

ukmo show a lot of rain

i disagree

i will say some showery bits but nothing too heavy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday

Posted Image

a cold and gusty north west wind

temps

Posted Image

getting progressively colder as the day goes on

reckon around 4-5 degrees max here

also trough on fax chart over the midlands maybe interesting late in the day

rainfall

Posted Image

shows dry

so not convinced on ukmo rain predictions at present

the trough on the fax could see something later which is not on ukmo

so more runs needed but if that trough hit late tuesday we may see something wintry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reckon the late ones may be later than normal tonight

i will post them when ready though Posted Image

• Like 8

Posted

Hi AS, Yes as I said at the time, last Winters effort was a hastily arranged bodge job based on a challenge set by Paul Sherman, earlier in that Winter. This years will be open to those members who are on the Reg thread, in the next few weeks. We could have a Regional Snowball cricket match on your pitch, bagsy we bat first and leave your lot to bat last on a wearing pitch, our S.Warne will do the rest, the fella can turn a snowball at right angles!  Tom.

Evening Tom, I think you are doing yourself down a bit - it seemed to really capture the moment and the imagination of the members and that was thanks to you.If you have a Mr Warne playing for you then I think we might struggle!We probably need Charlton Kerry, a proper ex-cricketer, to pick sides here......!AS
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

Spent the night out with the rellies including one from London Colney, we had a meal in a local(ish) village, near my old school spookily enough.  Anyway a good nigh was had by all and it ended with wine, so not a bad thing then.

Feeling far from cold out this eve, it is not warm granted but I do not think we will see a frost tonight.

Posted

dew points from monday

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

see how these are dropping from the north west with the colder air incoming

see what these show tomorrow night

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

dew points from monday

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

see how these are dropping from the north west with the colder air incoming

see what these show tomorrow night

that is winter encroaching on us. May not snow/sleet but cold it shall be.

Oi, Mr.Mantle where's my Snow Cup spreadsheets (Only joking). I see the Snow Depth Competition was mentioned earlier in the day. I'm going to have to start thinking of a format, if members are still interested in some form of a competition this Winter and I'd certainly have to bring in a standard region wide form of measuring any snowfall. No more KENTimetres, TOWIEmetres and members from Sussex adding freezer preserved snowfalls, from past Winters, to their depths! Of course any members entering the competition in the Bromley area will be given preferential treatment and an easy draw in each round!

All joking aside, if some of you are interested please let me know, there's no point running it for a handful of members but if we do get a reasonable entry I'll try and come up with a workable format, to keep everyone involved through the Winter months.

I thought about splitting the region alphabetically into mini-leagues and then the winners of those leagues going into a knockout format, as we head into the 2nd half of Winter, for instance.

Problem of course is, will we have enough snow events to make it interesting enough. Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts, please.

Meanwhile must get out and cut the grass on Monday to prepare my pitch, for the challenge. Especially looking forward to seeing how my new location of Chislehurst fares, with any easterly convectional snowfall likely to lead to some reasonable snow depths, as the small bodies of water in the area produce a P.E.S streamer.

Tom.

Hi Tom,

Seems a long while ago when you askedPosted Image will pm you tomorrow as on the tablet

Chris 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

A crazy.

Posted Image Overcast   Feels Like: 5° Wind Chill: 5°   Ceiling: 2000 Heat Index: 7°   Visibility: 6mi Dew Point: 7°   Wind: 6mph Humidity: 100%   Direction: 290° (WNW) Pressure: 30.36"   Gusts: NA Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Hi AS,Yes as I said at the time, last Winters effort was a hastily arranged bodge job based on a challenge set by Paul Sherman, earlier in that Winter. This years will be open to those members who are on the Reg thread, in the next few weeks.We could have a Regional Snowball cricket match on your pitch, bagsy we bat first and leave your lot to bat last on a wearing pitch, our S.Warne will do the rest, the fella can turn a snowball at right angles! Tom.

well up for it again this year mateWas great funThanks for all the effort you put inP.s do I get a bye into the next round as reigning champion lol Edited by snowbob
  • Like 2