Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Autumn/Winter 2014/15.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Another wretched affair by the latest GFS showing just in varying degrees to the previous output. Cannot see a way out unless we get an SSW.

Edited by prolongedSnowLover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

The GFS has been boring for weeks now :nonono:

at least the ECM shows some interest in FI every now and again.

I wouldn't count on the ECM either tonight, it has a habit of dropping anything positive and becoming flatter now and again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

GFS looks typical Dec like, Atlantic air dominant, and that awful significant wind event next week, I expect that storm to hit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Spoke to soon? Lol

Posted

Ay, it means ECM FI is rubbish and GFS is the best,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Looking wild on the latest ECM. Thats a very deep low too. 950mb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!!

debating whether or not to even start praying, wishing, begging for snow this year after the trauma of last years

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

The ECM isn't awful at all...

ECM looks good... :)

Then I looked at it again and it was awful...

Have your own mind lol

Posted

... 'cause I hate 70mph winds and horizontal rain!

Fair comment, id have thought that chart MIGHT evolve something cold... Possibly. Personally i see no point in wet snow, which some areas might get off that chart further on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Sounds good to me! One thing I really miss since moving to London from the west of Ireland is proper Atlantic storms

Horrible to be stuck outside in of course but at least it's a bit of excitement compared to the usual drab nothingness we get

Posted

Would rather have drab nothingness, but we are an Atlantic island so gales and rain the most common in Dec and Jan

Posted

Those who say its bleak this or dire that or even run of the mill are wrong in my opinion, we now have polar maritime incursions on the way for the first time and with patience which some clearly don't have..the deeper cold will come. If the models were showing a sw/ne jet profile with long draw south westerly mush I would agree it's dire or bleak or whatever but it's clearly not the case.

I dont think they are wrong because thsy are expressing a personal preference. But i dont get the liking for cold wet windy northwesterlies as the runs expect. So what if they arent mild southwesterlies? Ifits not bringing a deep cold snowy spell which is what most want to see, itmight as well be mild.

• Like 3

Posted

I dont think they are wrong because thsy are expressing a personal preference. But i dont get the liking for cold wet windy northwesterlies as the runs expect. So what if they arent mild southwesterlies? Ifits not bringing a deep cold snowy spell which is what most want to see, itmight as well be mild.

Yep, might as well be mild, polar maritime air sucks for people living at low levels in the south, sucks even more when north gets a foot of snow next week, and south not a flake

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

post-19090-0-96201200-1417577199_thumb.j

And there we have it - snow shovel needed?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

pM storms generally bring intense hail squalls and thunder and lightning, usually I'd prefer mild and wet over cold and wet but I'm just looking forward to a bit of interesting weather for the first time in a long time. I know it'll be watered down in SE England but still better than nothing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I agree with PM..lots of polar maritimes to look forward to in the weeks ahead and always the chance of something more significantly wintry evolving out of this disturbed early winter pattern..at last some excitement after the boring, sluggish warm autumn. :good:  :clap:

Have you got an automated script running to post the same stuff everyday? It's getting tiresome reading the same thing over and over in the mod thread. If you insist on carrying on with it, at the very least, put it in here.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

With the majority of NW members quite young no wonder snow and cold is eagerly anticipated, I would guess that most under 30s want this, while 30 to 60 year olds (my group) see a declining cold and snow zest, and then a big majoroty of over 60s hoping for little or no ice and snow for obvious reasons.

• Like 2

Posted

With the majority of NW members quite young no wonder snow and cold is eagerly anticipated, I would guess that most under 30s want this, while 30 to 60 year olds (my group) see a declining cold and snow zest, and then a bi

g majoroty of over 60s hoping for little or no ice and snow for obvious reasons.

I am 38 and still get just as excited with the prospects of snow as i did when i was a kid. I shall still feel the same way when i am knocking on heavens door to. Maybe you have just become more miserable with age :-P Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls
  • Like 3

Posted

With the majority of NW members quite young no wonder snow and cold is eagerly anticipated, I would guess that most under 30s want this, while 30 to 60 year olds (my group) see a declining cold and snow zest, and then a big majoroty of over 60s hoping for little or no ice and snow for obvious reasons.

good point.... i guess its abit like crimbo in that respect too.

Posted

I am 38 and still get just as excited with the prospects of snow as i did when i was a kid. I shall still feel the same way when i am knocking on heavens door to. maybe you have just become more miserable with age.

Well I could put Victor Meldrew in the shade but the memory of 62-3 is still vivid so you can stick your snow and ice. Not forgetting I could also do without the big heating bills.

Anyway I've just been for a stroll around the local country park on a crisp sunny morning. What could be better?

• Like 2