Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - SPANISH PLUME - 30/06/15 onwards

Posted

Don't know if its been mentioned yet but we had a fairly loud clap of thunder about an hour ago, along with some very pleasant rain drops at 25C. Still thundery looking but no more activity since

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Thunder heard in Basingstoke.

EDIT: Big CG a few mins ago. Sitting in the garden with eyes peeled to the north.

Edited by Paul Roberts
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Now that's what I call elevated convection vol one!

Towering Ac Cas developing an anaemic anvil with rain shafts not reaching the ground

post-4149-0-86861700-1435697061_thumb.jp

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

m in  law hearing thunder at Selsey, cmon lightning :))) wicked I know :D

Posted

First ever post! Have just walked back from my local driving range in Hedge End. The sky has gone pitch black looking towards Portsmouth, the gusty wind has just disappeared and the birds are going mad. Mammatus clouds were visible on the edge looking towards Winchester.

It feels like stuff is brewing above us and pushing northeast.

• Like 2

Posted

Level 2 issued by Estofex over Northern England and Southern Scotland for tomorrow :O Never seen a Level 2 threat over Scotland before - this is uncharted territory here.

Their forecast highlights the potential for severe thunderstorms (even bow echoes & supercells) but also the high degree of uncertainty in the situation. So exciting to see a Level 2 IMBY though - can hardly believe it tbh.

The wording of the forecast is very strong at some points, for example:

"Potentially very severe situation with number of question marks will develop over parts of UK. "

Edited by sn0wman
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

There is some very interesting output, for tomorrow afternoon, modelled from the 06z 3km ripWRF. This has some notable surface gusts at times underneath the ongoing convection, the most striking is the 85mph surface gust modelled from the convection near to the Lake District. Would be interesting to see if that verifies - and fits nicely with the Estofex forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

I've looked a few pages back and can't see this posted anywhere I've been performing my end of term play for my drama course sorry if it has already been posted.

Estofex has its forecast out for tomorrow and its a gooden..

http://www.estofex.org/

Wow... we're the only Level 2 in Europe! The UK rules! :yahoo:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Can't honestly say I've ever see a sky change so much so rapidly. Some more lightning in the last few minutes and the frequency is picking up. 

Posted

I've looked a few pages back and can't see this posted anywhere I've been performing my end of term play for my drama course sorry if it has already been posted.

Estofex has its forecast out for tomorrow and its a gooden..

http://www.estofex.org/

Estofex lost some rep from when they issued a level 2 for the Gloucester area several weeks ago and there was tuppence out of it - all I'm saying is do not take it as a gospel. Be composed...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Wow... we're the only Level 2 in Europe! The UK rules! :yahoo:

But the last time we had a level two it was a no show :laugh: Then again it was in the West so....

Think it will be different tomorrow it looks very good!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Your Argos weather station may have been onto something... :oops:

:laugh: The Met Office have the same model as mine and use it in emergencies :blink2: Clouding over here in chavs ville. 22.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

All this excitement for now and tomorrow, and many of us have more to come on Thursday and Friday. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

That's it.. Jinxed now -.-

Well, just seeing a Level 2 warning over such a large portion of the UK is an achievement in itself!