Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 25th July 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
41 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Well, I have it running.. I'll just leave it running too, hardly using any resources. If there is any lightning activity tonight, I don't need to faff with anything.

Amazing! Thanks!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes great set-up and live data, The sound of the birds is so clear on the audio to ☺️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

That's one puny cluster of cells on the 15z UKV, but I'd take it! This is for 00z:Screenshot_20220411-200555.thumb.png.f2af789574bd590ce283d0cf76cbac59.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!
5 minutes ago, Lance M said:

That's one puny cluster of cells on the 15z UKV, but I'd take it! This is for 00z:Screenshot_20220411-200555.thumb.png.f2af789574bd590ce283d0cf76cbac59.png

I'm with you on that one, this potential event has cought me unawares, which is probably for the better, as my wife finds me unbearable when there is even a small sniff of the thunderstorm 

Hopefully this evening marks the Start of the 2022 UK storm season for a few lucky souls ⛈️⚡?️

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Something seems to be developing to the SE of Birmingham atm

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The evening could soon start to get a bit more interesting. Lightning picking up over BoB heading towards the Brest Peninsula. Strike earlier over the Midlands with the rash of downpours that (somewhat unexpectedly?) developed there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
6 minutes ago, Harry said:

The evening could soon start to get a bit more interesting. Lightning picking up over BoB heading towards the Brest Peninsula. Strike earlier over the Midlands with the rash of downpours that (somewhat unexpectedly?) developed there.

Yep

image.thumb.png.42f4fbc66bf1e15b1f5f5d4ed78ff1de.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Hammering it down just north of Derby but nothing electrical.Interesting skies earlier too.

A33C4404-756F-462B-81F8-37C033B92203.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

After a brief clear spell, the cloud has rolled back in, with the moon just about visible

Google weather says the current temperature is 11°c but it feels a lot warmer than that! Definitely feels plume like, so the camera is ready and waiting just in case

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events
7 minutes ago, Southern Storm said:

After a brief clear spell, the cloud has rolled back in, with the moon just about visible

Google weather says the current temperature is 11°c but it feels a lot warmer than that! Definitely feels plume like, so the camera is ready and waiting just in case

Was just thinking how warm it is outside tonight, haven’t got the patio heater on for a change.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Purplepixii said:

Was just thinking how warm it is outside tonight, haven’t got the patio heater on for a change.

Likewise @Purplepixii and @Southern Storm - very mild here too and feeling almost plume like. It’s the same temperature now as it was here at lunchtime yesterday under the blazing sun. Got a window open slightly just in case something develops my way, although model consensus is for the SE to stay largely dry with much of the rain outbreaks further west.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Likewise @Purplepixii and @Southern Storm - very mild here too and feeling almost plume like. It’s the same temperature now as it was here at lunchtime yesterday under the blazing sun. Got a window open slightly just in case something develops my way, although model consensus is for the SE to stay largely dry with much of the rain outbreaks further west.

Agree with the south west looking more favorable, but I still live in hope something develops further east.

• Like 1

Posted

There is no UKWW storm forecast and no ESTOFEX forecast. And it’s April. For that reason I can’t get behind this event, and I’m out.  [pulls money away]

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events
12 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

There is no UKWW storm forecast and no ESTOFEX forecast. And it’s April. For that reason I can’t get behind this event, and I’m out.  [pulls money away]

Whilst that is true, not all weather forecast sources get everything right every time. I’m going to give it an hour or so before calling it (then promptly sleeping through the whole thing lol).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
18 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Think this is the case of them having other commitments rather than the risk not being high enough.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Think this is the case of them having other commitments rather than the risk not being high enough.

It’s quite unusual for Tony G to miss a potential event like this tho

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Caught some funky looking clouds earlier today at work,the first image was around 5pm and the second image was around 6:30 on my break with some asparagus undulatus 

IMG_0108.thumb.JPG.c508c065b03ba602ceb346ae3cdadd70.JPGIMG_0109.thumb.JPG.26ad2a278a10a1386a29de9f5c0714f6.JPG

one thing i have noticed is that the cells that are popping off on the southern Brest peninsular don't look as heavy as those over my region,maybe because they are elevated and the resolution isn't quiet as sharp.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Some real impressive radar echoes up north! Amazed there aren't any sferics... not one.

Posted

Blimey, you would expect some electrification from that lot 

If you had to choose between radar returns that are likely to be electrically active you would probably go for the ones up north, not what's currently pushing out of France

That's weather for you.

Posted

Currently sat down at my local lookout spot (probably for nothing) I have my eye on a small shower that has popped up directly south of Bournemouth 

It probably won't amount to anything, but I did see that one of the high resolution models had something developing I'm my area at about this time, so I think I'll give it half an hour or so before I head home. So no storms to report of, but we do have a nice moon halo 

PXL_20220411_225915262.jpg

Edited by Southern Storm
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

The latest Arome has done nothing to convince me this is worth staying up for. Little to complain about in April, though. This kind of set-up would be spectacular in the summer proper, so here's hoping it occurs again in a few months. Night!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

A cell has fired up in the channel ahead of the main stuff and now is producing sferics.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

A cell has fired up in the channel ahead of the main stuff and now is producing sferics.

You looking at this little beauty?

Could be something decent for southwestern parts in the next few hours, as that developed in the Chanel

Screenshot_20220412-001205.png

Edited by Southern Storm