Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

I can be quick to complain about the weather at times but today is an absolute beauty so far! Stunning early winter's morning! 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
47 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Interesting school run this morning.. gritter off the road in a ditch... its all doom and gloom in the mad house this morning... dartboard lows etc.. December is a write off and will it snaw in the southeast ever again..

Heavy snaw shower as i type..❄❄

I'm actually hoping for a non snowy Xmas in a very selfish way as we're traveling down to Cornwall to spend Xmas in St Ives with my mum. Don't fancy a snowy drive and I'll be very jealous if it's a white Scottish Xmas. More chance of a lottery win than snow in St Ives. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

2 days into winter and im pretty happy so far... i will happily take a few weeks of zonal rubbish if it leads to an ice cold new year and a freezing February..

Snaw in St Ives rarer than rocking horse

• Like 4

Posted

Great early winter morning  fresh walk with the spaniels and  then the weekly leaf hoovering. ..hopefully the last one required !! Mad house has erupted this morning  winter is over..zonal now locked in..PV back at home in Canada.. etc. Anyhow it probably all be back on with the pub run tonight and all the toys  will be out away 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Was about to say @101_North you cant have moved from your ski resort..

Still some heavy snaw showers heading through here and radar seems to just be firing up out of nothing..

• Like 8

Posted
26 minutes ago, 101_North said:

First winter in the new house and I've decided I need a leaf hoover thingmy jobber! Never seen as many leaves from the surrounding gardens. Can anyone recommend a decent one? I;ve been out at least 3 times clearing leaf piles and unclogging the patio drainage but it's an weeble of a job with a brush! 

Edit: It's not the first winter at all! I'm losing my mind! Still working from home and I have lost all concept of time and reality 

Have a look at the Stihl blowers, they're decent  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
3 hours ago, 101_North said:

First winter in the new house and I've decided I need a leaf hoover thingmy jobber! Never seen as many leaves from the surrounding gardens. Can anyone recommend a decent one? I;ve been out at least 3 times clearing leaf piles and unclogging the patio drainage but it's an weeble of a job with a brush! 

Invite a lady to have a look around your garden and drop into the conversation that her bottom is looking big, or bigger, well huge actually. Don’t be standing too close as the resultant tirade will look, sound and feel very much like a jet fighter on after-burners. The leaves will be blasted back from whence they came or they’ll be incinerated where they lie. You might have to be prepared to replace some fence panels in the process, possibly some of your neighbours’ fence panels also, and some sheds and outbuildings, so I take absolutely no responsibility for this suggestion.

It's been a nice day here, well-broken, high, thin cloud allowing a goodly amount of sunshine through, although not quite enough to melt all the ice on the fishing lake I was at.

Temperature high was 1.9⁰C at 13:19 up from the low of -3.6⁰C at 06:40 and is now 1.3⁰C, humidity is 85%, it’s dead calm, pressure is 1011.2hPa and dropping like property values around 101_North’s house are about to, there’s been no precipitation in the last 24 hours and the dew point is at -1⁰C.

Diablo, he say snow. Means nothing, obviously.

• Like 4

Posted

Wee bit of transistional snaw here at the moment before it turns to rain

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Today's runs were probably the last shot to utilise the Scandi high but the Atlantic looks to win this time and 7th December looks worthy to note down for the next named storm potential and ECM actually has another storm a few days after ECU1-120.thumb.gif.ae8593713e975db027792fc557419ecc.gifECU1-144.thumb.gif.d31555c49fa8389312e92387b5cd5fce.gifECU1-216.thumb.gif.4abcbe376f021c84063bab091948b6e3.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
14 hours ago, Sceptical said:

Aberdeenshire roads not great this morning.

20211202_052528.jpg

Don't you mean 'Aberdeenshire roads a winter tyre dream this morning!' 

I got another surprise cm or so overnight. Still lying in sheltered spots and freezing up the now.

• Like 6

Posted
4 minutes ago, Scottish-Irish Skier said:

Don't you mean 'Aberdeenshire roads a winter tyre dream this morning!' 

I got another surprise cm or so overnight. Still lying in sheltered spots and freezing up the now.

The commute this morning was going well until I hit black ice in Westhill.

4WD, winter alloys and winter tyres and it still wasn't enough. Fortunately I didn't hit the bus....which was good.

• Like 8

Posted
31 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Light snow on here too. 

Getting heavy now with big flakes and even settling a little! Lovely to see even though it'll turn to rain soon! 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 7

Posted

Moderate snow and -0.2°C. Didn't get above 0.1°C today so far, so adding nicely to the existing piles of 1cm of snow! 

Third snow day, but first time I've seen snow falling. 

• Like 6

Posted

Even heavier now but temp on the rise and any settling was temporary. But as mentioned above - 3rd day of falling snow this week. Decent start to winter. 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 9

Posted

Wife phoned from picking my daughter up from the stables in Balerno and it's settling nicely a bit higher up! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Light snow on here too. Just a shame it won't last.
Still four days with falling snow and two with a covering (just) so not a bad start.

• Like 7