Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
On 06/12/2021 at 06:49, Sceptical said:

Morning,

Head towards Castle Forbes from yours, take the left turn as you exit Keig, and the house is further up the hill. I think it sits around 160 meters asl.

I got lucky when I was searching for a building plot as the Castle Forbes estate were planning to sell some plots. I managed to buy the pick of the plots before they were advertised.

The house was completed in 2004 and the winter that year saw snow drifts approaching a meter on the north side of the house. Quite a shock compared to Aberdeen life.

well when @ravelin the stalker ties up your family and escapes with the family jewels you can have little complaints after giving him directions

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
38 minutes ago, edo said:

well when @ravelin the stalker ties up your family and escapes with the family jewels you can have little complaints after giving him directions

You just know who's going to get the blame if he gets burgled in the next few days. I'm pretty sure from pictures I've posted in the past, from my front window especially, that @Scepticalwill easily find where I live. I'm actually quite impressed that I managed to work it out pretty well from the photo, although when I said I wasn't sure the houses looked like the back of Keig I should have actually been more confident as they are. In fact I'll have been past that house as we know a couple of people who live at the old steading just further on from there. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
3 hours ago, Sceptical said:

Central heating is fixed, new CH pump ££££ 

Glad to hear it, wouldn't want to get frostbite as I'm burgling the house. 

• Like 7

Posted

Here is my snowfall outlook for tomorrow:
Main points:
> Disruptive and heavy snow likely above 250m with 5-10cm likely.

> warmer air will undercut the colder air across Eastern counties , reducing snowfall chances to below 250m.

> 1-3cm could accumulate to below 100m in a few places.

> 15cm+ expected over 400m.

• Like 8

Posted

Absolutely Baltic! Feels considerably colder than the 2c it actually is and the place is like an ice-rink! Lethal! 

• Like 5

Posted

yup so icy jerked my back several times walking the dog, everything shiny and slippy.... if only tomorrow was a low level event would be a buzzing thread.... here's hoping for some wintry charts for Xmas time and that I can find someplace to hide all the Xmas presents from @Ravelin

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
On 02/12/2021 at 19:31, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Today's runs were probably the last shot to utilise the Scandi high but the Atlantic looks to win this time and 7th December looks worthy to note down for the next named storm potential and ECM actually has another storm a few days after ECU1-120.thumb.gif.ae8593713e975db027792fc557419ecc.gifECU1-144.thumb.gif.d31555c49fa8389312e92387b5cd5fce.gifECU1-216.thumb.gif.4abcbe376f021c84063bab091948b6e3.gif

Pleased with that shout, most of us should have a few hours worth of 50mph gusts or a little higher, there's a couple hours when it's arriving into southwest Scotland that perhaps will have gusts over 60mph most will probably have at least it starting as snow before the dewpoints rise closer to the east coast switching it to rainanimobe8.gif

• Like 8

Posted

Like Halfamile a couple cms of snow first thing then occasional showers of rain and sleety mince. 0c now with a deadly slippy surface here also. Wouldn’t take much but tomo looks more eventful 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Right after my earlier report the sky cleared and the sun broke through. For 5 minutes. Then the cloud cover returned and the grey day continued unabated until sunset.

Temperature now 2.1⁰C, humidity is 91%, wind 0 to 2mph west-southwesterly, pressure is 1000.0hPa rising slowly, there’s now been 9.4mm of precipitation today and the dew point is at 1⁰C.

• Like 5

Posted

A really heavy and squally shower currently rattling through. Sleet and hail. It has turned white outside, but likely all just hail. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms
On 06/12/2021 at 22:57, JamesM said:

A really heavy and squally shower currently rattling through. Sleet and hail. It has turned white outside, but likely all just hail. 

Same here down the road. Hopefully we get snow tomorrow  

• Like 4

Posted

Dry, calm and chilly. Temperature on the car display was -2°C at the house, lowest temperature noted was -5°C around Leask on the commute to Peterhead. Let's see what storm Barra brings today.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Very heavy frost here, thought at first it was snow it was so dazzling white. Waiting to see what Barra will bring, our forecast is snow this afternoon but we will see. Doesn't snow much down here. Yaaay the xmas smilies back     :drunk-emoji:  :reindeer-emoji::cold-emoji::santa-emoji::snowman-emoji:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Heavy showers of wet snow in the early hours has covered the hills down to about 1000ft, smattering here but lethal  ice everywhere. Dead calm with temps  -0.6c.  Looks like we will miss the snow today..

323061918_DSC_1205(3).thumb.JPG.f4af912baa7e3cb6fdf656ef4c17cd50.JPG

• Like 6

Posted

Sheet ice everywhere this morning, temp hovering around 0c still.

Anyone near the Fife coast, worth a trip to Kinghorn as there is 2 humpback whales. Usually spotted between Inchkeith and Bass Rock

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

The village facebook page was full of dire warnings of ice and danger this morning but, according to Diablo anyway, the minimum temperature today was 0.7⁰C at 02:40 from where it has risen to a high of 2.9⁰C now. Humidity is 85%, wind is 2 to 9mph east-southeasterly with a maximum gust of 13mph at 09:52, pressure is 987.6hPa dropping like a rock, there’s been 0.4mm of rainfall today and 4.6mm in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is 8/8 and the dew point is at 1⁰C. Roll on Barra…

• Like 4

Posted
On 07/12/2021 at 10:02, Penicuikblizzard said:

I never get too excited over a snow to rain event

nope its the worst, don't think even looks particularly stormy here.... has the makings of a simple horrible windy rainy late afternoon/night

really hoping can get some high pressure and cold frosty nights for Xmas week and then snow events after Xmas whilst on holiday.... thats my Santa wish 

• Like 5

Posted

Snow on. 1.7C so not lying.

• Like 7