Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

My smart watch tickled me this morning.. as it has a barometric sensor inside, it gives a warning if it detects quick pressure drops. It said "Take Cover"

That can certainly be applied to those in the red warning..  

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
5 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

We'll know all about it if a few cars get hit by trees this evening and deaths go into double figures. Pleased to see the red warning, the met office are handling this well, but yes, this should be top headline, there's a million people in the way of this.

Agree ..

I did just do a complaint to the Beeb and basically said sort it and warn people properly. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frost and thunderstorms
20 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Newcastle lads might need a t shirt...

Might is the key word

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Red warning less than 50 miles from me but we're in the yellow zone and with gusts barely reaching 50mph, looks like Glasgow and the surrounding area will miss out. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

My football team Saltash United are playing away at Mousehole tomorrow in the Western League. Whilst the village will be sheltered, Mousehole’s ground is at the top of the cliff totally exposed to those Northerly’s. Think I’ll getting a call from their secretary tomorrow morning. Ironically Mousehole are opening their new stand named after the Solomon Brown lifeboat which was lost in storms in December 1981.

It’s going to be hellish getting there let alone playing. I pity the poor folks in the NE- that’s on a par with storms of 87 and 90! 

Edited by philglossop
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms
5 minutes ago, philglossop said:

My football team Saltash United are playing away at Mousehole tomorrow in the Western League. Whilst the village will be sheltered, Mousehole’s ground is at the top of the cliff totally exposed to those Northerly’s. Think I’ll getting a call from their secretary tomorrow morning. Ironically Mousehole are opening their new stand named after the Solomon Brown lifeboat which was lost in storms in December 1981.

It’s going to be hellish getting there let alone playing. I pity the poor folks in the NE- that’s on a par with storms of 87 and 90! 

I did Saltash Utd's ground when I was a student in Plymouth, I enjoyed going there for the Western League games. As for tomorrow, I think it would be better if they just called he game off now.

Posted
On 26/11/2021 at 12:12, philglossop said:

On 26/11/2021 at 12:18, Sentinel said:

I did Saltash Utd's ground when I was a student in Plymouth, I enjoyed going there for the Western League games. As for tomorrow, I think it would be better if they just called he game off now.

yeah common sense would be to call if off today, especially as it's not exactly a 10 minute drive down the road. No point in risking journeys that aren't essential

Posted
  • Location: Barrowby, (nr. Grantham) Sth Lincs (200ft ASL- ish)
  • Weather Preferences: The worse the better!
  • Location: Barrowby, (nr. Grantham) Sth Lincs (200ft ASL- ish)

Multiple rumbles of thunder and several visible flashes of lightning here in Grantham over the last five minutes. This could be a very interesting 24 hours....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Completely clear sky and light breeze where i am, it looks more like a summers day... other than the lack of leaves on trees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
10 minutes ago, Biggin said:

Shall be webcam watching later If anybody has any suggestions let us know

First of all snow across Scotland 

https://www.lochmorlich.com/webcam

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

A few more satellite images, the real colour one is 250 metres and a huge image.

From here https://wvs.earthdata.nasa.gov/

The others from the very cool Eumetrain ePort site. http://eumetrain.org/ePort_MapViewer/index.html

Couple of cool interfaces on there and loads of variables you can overlay.

Crazy to see a red warning, really rare.

3Capture.PNG

airmassCapture.PNG

Capture.PNG

snapshot-2021-11-26 (1).jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Braemar Snowgate Webcam

BRAEMARSCOTLAND.CO.UK

This image will automatically update every minute. This webcam is located beside the caravan park on the A93 at the southern entrance to Braemar. Webcams covering...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Right on the edge of the red warning area here.
Currently a strengthening NNW wind blowing in driving sleet at 2C. Just had to go out to blow a up a tyre as travelling tomorrow (hopefully). Not much fun out there right now and forecast to get much worse shortly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

A few miles in from the coast, no sound though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Goodness, it's been a long time since I last posted on NW....Hope everyone is doing well !

A very interesting and rather worrying night up here....I'm literally 500m from the beach, slap bang in the red warning area !!

• Like 6

Posted
On 26/11/2021 at 14:25, A.J said:

Goodness, it's been a long time since I last posted on NW....Hope everyone is doing well !

A very interesting and rather worrying night up here....I'm literally 500m from the beach, slap bang in the red warning area !!

Good to see you Arron, take care up there.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just now, Paul said:

Good to see you Arron, take care up there.

Hi Paul, thank you.......We moved up to Sunderland about 18 months ago....I just home from delivering in Peterlee, the sea state is still relatively benign looking out from Roker, but the skies are starting to look angry to the north, with sleet and probably some wet snow incoming. Winds are also starting to pick up noticeably...It has been quite blustery since this morning, but now a steady increase in mean speeds

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
latest_small.jpg
WWW.SURFLINE.COM

Get today's most accurate Cullercoats surf report with live HD surf cam for current swell, wind and wave conditions. With full written report (updated twice daily) and 16-day surf forecasts, so you can know before...

• Like 1