Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
WWW.SURFLINE.COM

The most accurate and trusted surf reports, forecasts, and coastal weather. Surfers from around the world choose Surfline for dependable and up to date surfing forecasts and high quality surf content, live surf...

This gives a few cams.

If you zoom out, it adds cams that are up and down the coast.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 3

Posted
latest_small.jpg
WWW.SURFLINE.COM

Get today's most accurate Whitley Bay surf report with live HD surf cam for current swell, wind and wave conditions. With full written report (updated twice daily) and 16-day surf forecasts, so you can know before...

Wind is shaking the camera and in the distance, the weather is getting closer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Real Snowman said:

I think there are some fair comments here. If this was London, we'd know all about it - and rightly so. But this the UK - this is a major weather event. Not good coverage at all.

If it was a category 1 hurricane hitting the US there would be wall to wall coverage. 

• Like 6

Posted

seems the BBC are coming on board with its reporting of Arwen

bbc_news_logo.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The Met Office has issued its highest level of warning for winds up to 90mph in north east Scotland.

Edited by MAF
  • Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Drumochter on the A9 looks fun.

hey MS, not sure if it still applies, but i got a ticking off for publishing traffic cam stills once. Copyright issues i was told. Just a heads up if it is still the case

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
2 minutes ago, MAF said:

hey MS, not sure if it still applies, but i got a ticking off for publishing traffic cam stills once. Copyright issues i was told. Just a heads up if it is still the case

Defo the case on Social Media

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Absolutely nothing in the strathclyde area at the moment, clear skies and a moderate breeze. Strange to be totally missing out on a stormy spell. 

• Like 2

Posted

Driving back home from Buxton and seeing the tops of Storm Arwen being illuminated to the north was quite eerie, knowing what's on the way in a few hours from now.

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Driving back home from Buxton and seeing the tops of Storm Arwen being illuminated to the north was quite eerie, knowing what's on the way in a few hours from now.

image.thumb.png.344671dfcc82e025a92f30ecf1a17b43.png This from Glossop Mountain Rescue sounds like a lot more weather than we bargained for.

• Like 7

Posted

I was going to be heading up to Pym Chair (near Shining Tor) to catch the high-end of the gusts overnight but given the snowfall and likelyhood of tree's coming down I think i'll be giving it a pass for this time. Its only a short 5 minute walk to the open fields around here so I won't be too far away from the extreme weather tonight.

• Like 2

Posted

A slight relief to see the 12Zs, largely, restricting the very highest gusts of 90mph to an area 40 miles north or south of Berwick upon Tweed, only because this is a less built up area of the North East.

80mph still very much on for South Shields and Sunderland - still bad, but there's quite a difference in the destruction caused by an 80mph gale and a 90mph gale.

• Like 3

Posted
28 minutes ago, MAF said:

Here's one a few miles further north I took myself a few hours ago, will be much worse now

IMG20211126141148.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

A slight relief to see the 12Zs, largely, restricting the very highest gusts of 90mph to an area 40 miles north or south of Berwick upon Tweed, only because this is a less built up area of the North East.

80mph still very much on for South Shields and Sunderland - still bad, but there's quite a difference in the destruction caused by an 80mph gale and a 90mph gale.

Worth bearing in mind that a significant population live away from the coast at elevation eg Consett which at 600m asl will most likely have blizzards and to all intents and purposes become cut off. If the power fails due to iced power cables it may well be a while before emergency services could get to them 

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, MAF said:

Cheers. Did not know that.

Posted
1 minute ago, FetchCB said:

Worth bearing in mind that a significant population live away from the coast at elevation eg Consett which at 600m asl will most likely have blizzards and to all intents and purposes become cut off. If the power fails due to iced power cables it may well be a while before emergency services could get to them 

Yes I note the hi-res models also show significant gusts well inland for elevated areas. There will be villages with problems tonight around the borders.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
7 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Agreed! A few years back we had a storm maxing out at about 80mph, yes it caused travel disruption and minor damage but everything was pretty much back to normal the following day. A few weeks later we had a storm with winds in the 90mph range, for the next few weeks every time I went out i'd see several people up ladders repairing damaged roofs as well as multiple trees being cut down as they had been damaged. 90 is where it goes from disruption and minor damage to widespread damage and lots of trees down.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Out on the school run at 3:30pm the wind was just starting to pick up, raining and freezing cold. 
Im about 3 miles inland from the north east coast and not looking forward to tonight. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frost and thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Yes I note the hi-res models also show significant gusts well inland for elevated areas. There will be villages with problems tonight around the borders.

Yes I think this is very likely. I have to say I am not in the 'Red Zone' but am at some elevation and the wind has become very noticeable over the last hour and a half. For those even further North in the warning area, it is going to be a nasty night. I just hope everyone is ok and can perhaps enjoy a winter wonderland tomorrow morning. A naive wish perhaps, but I still hope for the best. Will be fascinating from a weather perspective but there is an undoubted severe risk upon a fairly wide area with still significant populations within it.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

winds really picking up now in Sunderland, and its snowing, albeit wet snow

Edited by A.J
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
On 26/11/2021 at 16:51, A.J said:

winds really picking up now in Sunderland, and its snowing, albeit wet snow

Hey AJ!

I take it you'll be stood outside of the backdoor with a cheeky smoke on the go, later?

• Like 1

Posted
59 minutes ago, Jo Farrow said:

I had to masking tape the camera to the tripod. Boy, it is cold out there

You'd best take a tube of "No more nails" tomorrow if this system strengthens any further.