Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
48 minutes ago, Shane said:

Absolutely nothing here and I am 10 miles down the road in Albrighton. Just rained. I'm over 100m asl as well! It's mental. 

I don't know what it is with Telford, they always get snow, where as areas close to there miss out or get less

Gnosall is the same, it can be 15cms there, when only 3 or so here does happen

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder, Heat
51 minutes ago, Shane said:

Absolutely nothing here and I am 10 miles down the road in Albrighton. Just rained. I'm over 100m asl as well! It's mental. 

It's bizarre isn't it? All melted now anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

The Telford area is certainly interesting and I've given it the nickname: shower magnet. Often sees more showers, storms and snow than others. 

Here it's more of a storm shield, pushing the showers and thunderstorms out of the way 

😂

Edited by Metwatch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Metwatch said:

The Telford area is certainly interesting and I've given it the nickname: shower magnet. Often sees more showers and storms and snow than others

Here it's more of a storm shield, pushing the showers out of the way 😂

definitely a snow magnet

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

On way to us yet now slightly less intensity will see if it is still snow.. got a few showers lined up it seems.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.
14 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Wow this snow is heavy. Winter’s final fling!

Glad you are enjoying the snow up there! Hoping the trough makes it here, but likely it's rain or sleet. 

Moving forwards, I'm interested in Friday and Saturday to see some proper spring convection - heavy, thundery showers around, and with what appears to be a widely sheared environment, then I wouldn't see why we aren't talking about it! Nice to see the convection and storm season finally getting started!!

Posted
23 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Wow this snow is heavy. Winter’s final fling!

Maybe 🧐

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

just let dogs out, A white covering here of a few cm and snowing very lightly atm. 

Edit- Nice to see you have some Matt at last! A sharp frost tonight when skys clear shortly. Could be the last of winter..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

Dumped it all on Stoke and has nothing left by time it gets to us as usual. Enjoy! 

Probs last shot of winter.

• Like 1

Posted

Clearing now. Roofs, grass, bins and cars covered. A not bad winter here. A few decent dumpings but fewer than average.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
8 hours ago, andy_leics22 said:

Had two heavy graupel showers here 😁 Not amounting to anything and the temperature is quite high at 7c, but cool to see, nonetheless.

Hoping for a dusting later this evening when the temperature drops a bit.

Well, I would have done had there been any precip around. Dry as a bone now 🤣

Posted

Heavy wet snow for a short while this afternoon, leaving slushy deposits on cars and grass.  However, it left a proper dusting over the hills.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!
12 hours ago, Metwatch said:

The Telford area is certainly interesting and I've given it the nickname: shower magnet. Often sees more showers, storms and snow than others. 

Here it's more of a storm shield, pushing the showers and thunderstorms out of the way 

😂

Defiantly not a storm magnet!  I lived there all my life ( only recently moved to Albrighton due to a marriage breakdown) in the last 5 years think i saw about 4 storms in that time, i remember a couple of years ago they were heading towards Telford then just diverted and hit Brum 🤣 seemed to be a pattern of most summers!

Posted

Due to the late after moderate , heavy snow for 20 mins my van was encased in ice this morning 🥶🥶 a very sharp frost with ice everywhere !!!

is this the last cold morning ? ?🧐

Posted
47 minutes ago, nobble said:

Due to the late after moderate , heavy snow for 20 mins my van was encased in ice this morning 🥶🥶 a very sharp frost with ice everywhere !!!

is this the last cold morning ? ?🧐

I certainly hope so.

Last official weekend of winter coming up, it's time for flowers, blossom and freshly cut grass.

Posted

Ice rink out there this morning after yesterday’s rain and last night’s snow.

Looks hideous this afternoon and tonight as the mild muck returns. Don’t understand how people prefer that rubbish. Can only assume they don’t spend much time outdoors.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ice, Land, Vegetation, Frost, Tree, Ground, Woodland

Edited by MattStoke

Posted

Heavy persistent rain here currently, A few drifts still remain in places but not for long...

Temp 3c

Edited by Polar Maritime