Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!

Had about 1 CM of lying snow. Its pretty much all gone from this morning. I am 100M same as where i lived in Telford, my mom said she has about 8cms in the garden. it is so weird that somewhere just 10 miles away can have so much more snow. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 hours ago, andy_leics22 said:

I know where that is, mate! Used to walk the dog along that canal when I lived in Northampton. I lived in Upton, so not far from there.

Are the Bugbrooke Brethren still there? 😃

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I'm on the bus near Market Harborough and despite the radar saying everything cleared here about an hour ago, there are still flurries blowing around. Not amounting to anything but nice to see.

6 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

Are the Bugbrooke Brethren still there? 😃

Bugbrooke brethren 🤣🤣 I'm glad i've moved back to Leicester, to be honest. Upton was alright but Northampton town centre was an absolute dive.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
17 minutes ago, Shane said:

Had about 1 CM of lying snow. Its pretty much all gone from this morning. I am 100M same as where i lived in Telford, my mom said she has about 8cms in the garden. it is so weird that somewhere just 10 miles away can have so much more snow. 

I don't know what it is with Telford, they always get loads more than most of West Midlands, only around 165m asl, can understand Buxton but not Telford

• Like 2

Posted

Quick thaw this morning after a small top up. Not one for the history books but at least it was something. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I'm kind of glad that's over, so much hope and a fair bit of disappointment although we did have some lying snow at points and it was lovely to see snow falling.

Posted

Well, it was definitely the best snow event of 2023* here in Evesham 😄    Even though it was 90% rain ....    

But it was never looking likely to equal last December's snow, and I was pleasantly surprised to see anything settle at all.

* so far

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
6 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Got my eye on next week already 😂

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Land, Rainforest

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person, Outdoors, Nature

Was going to ask if thats it for snow and cold untill winter LOL.

But seriously i think thats that in terms of snowfall for the remainder of this month?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
6 minutes ago, Shezale coventry said:

Was going to ask if thats it for snow and cold untill winter LOL.

But seriously i think thats that in terms of snowfall for the remainder of this month?

I wouldn't bet on it 😂 I think next week has some good potential for more 😎

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

A chance of a wintry mix tomorrow too: 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Face, PersonCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Probably won’t lead to much, with high ground seeing the best of the snow (but could still be some flakes to lower levels, particularly in heavier precipitation).

Has been a good few days overall for the sparkly stuff. Ruined a bit by the rain yesterday afternoon and night - not enough however to make it a terrible event. With the snow back for revenge this morning, there was a happy ending. ❄️

• Like 3

Posted
13 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

A chance of a wintry mix tomorrow too: 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Face, PersonCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Probably won’t lead to much, with high ground seeing the best of the snow (but could still be some flakes to lower levels, particularly in heavier precipitation).

Has been a good few days overall for the sparkly stuff. Ruined a bit by the rain yesterday afternoon and night - not enough however to make it a terrible event. With the snow back for revenge this morning, there was a happy ending. ❄️

I think as ever the effects were very localised. It sounded for once like south of birmingham did very well this time. Im about 100m elevation so not super high but easily saw about 5/6cm in both snowfalls yday and today. Back home in stourbridge, they had a little less and im sensing walsall and areas towards Wolverhampton werent a perfect hit either.As you say, last night was vile with cold rain and i thought that had hampered the chances of settling snow but the dewpoints this morning really helped with that!

EDIT: sorry, i never actually looked at my elevation but its 147m here which i guess does help somewhat!

Edited by blizzardinthehills92
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
53 minutes ago, blizzardinthehills92 said:

I think as ever the effects were very localised. It sounded for once like south of birmingham did very well this time. Im about 100m elevation so not super high but easily saw about 5/6cm in both snowfalls yday and today. Back home in stourbridge, they had a little less and im sensing walsall and areas towards Wolverhampton werent a perfect hit either.As you say, last night was vile with cold rain and i thought that had hampered the chances of settling snow but the dewpoints this morning really helped with that!

EDIT: sorry, i never actually looked at my elevation but its 147m here which i guess does help somewhat!

Amusingly, 100m elevation is exactly what I have 😅 (up to 128m(ish) in the town Centre itself).

Sounds like you did better than here being a bit further East with this morning’s snowfall, which gave around 2 to 3cm here. Still pretty good considering how Winter had gone, especially for March. I guess you were probably under slightly heavier precipitation on average, though that extra 47m of elevation must have helped. 

Just astounded the differences local variations and heights can make to snowfall and depth. Someone just half a mile away could have inches of the stuff, while someone else nearby could only have a slushy dusting. 

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
1 hour ago, Tidal Wave said:

The strength of the March sun showing its hand now, a rapid thaw underway.

Nothing left at all here.

• Like 1

Posted

Thought it was going to be something special, Wednesday was just a slushy mess, Thursday the slushy mess thawed further, this morning however there was some heavy snow.

Didn't last though, now the sun is out the sky Is mostly blue, and the grass is green with just a few tiny melting patches of slushy snow in the hedgerows.

I don't know what it is, but any interesting weather always seems to miss my area, be that snow or thunder. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Terminal Moraine said:

An average undrifted depth of 31cm here which makes it the largest single snowfall on record in March, just beating 30cm on the 23rd in 2013 and 28.5cm on the 6th in 1987. Much more drifting in March 2013 though.

It was also the 7th largest single snowfall in any month since this record began in 1977.

You didn t have any freezing rain problems...

1 inch glaze on the trees higher up never seen it that thick before..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

The increasingly strong sunshine in March can never be underestimated with snow events.

On the Coventry Airport webcam below, from having several cm of snow on some surfaces, to almost all of it melting in a few hours. 

Could contain: Airport, Airfield, Aircraft, Airplane, Transportation, Vehicle, Outdoors, Nature, Weather

Could contain: Airport, Airfield, Aircraft, Airplane, Transportation, Vehicle

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm spring, hot summers

Bright sun here which is nice but it's taking it away, obviously. Going to drive a bit up north to get the views in a bit 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal.

We have around 20cm here. There’s definitely a thaw taking place now, though that’s to be expected in March sunshine.

Anyway, this is a picture of my back garden taken at around 8. I wanted to capture the depth of the snow at its peak before the thaw. 

Could contain: Plant, Tree, Fir, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Winter, Ice, Snow, Person

Edited by BrynnStorm
  • Like 5

Posted

Amazing how strong the March sun is. Snow all gone already.

Fair well, winter.

Oh…

Could contain: Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Text, Number, Symbol

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Land, Atlas, Diagram

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Chart, Plot, Sea, Water, Purple, Map

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

The Beauty of the Snowcapped Malvern Hills 

Could contain: Tree, Field, Nature, Outdoors, Landscape, Scenery, Countryside, Grass, Vegetation, Pasture

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Prudence, Scottie and Rupert braved the snow this morning.  Prudence wasn’t so sure but Rupert snd Scottie had a great time.  Roops is 17 and had a new lease of life running around pushing the snow about with his paws.  Daisy just watched it from the door 😂

Could contain: Potted Plant, Path, Walkway, Pottery, Flower, Flagstone, Nature, Outdoors, Flower Arrangement, Vase

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Canine, Hound, Tree, Winter, Cat, Snow, Vegetation, Tennis Ball

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Cat, Mammal, Pet, Building, Shelter, Snow, Blizzard

Could contain: Door, Floor, Cat, Pet, Housing, Bed, Flooring, Chair, Person, House

• Like 7