Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, Neil Harris said:

Over on the model thread, they are beginning to wonder about whether it may be repeated next Tuesday.

Someone tell them it's Cheltenham.. Snow, bu&ger off.

Oh, I don't know... Aren't horse racing and rugby league at their best when snowed off? 👍😁

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

Pretty much all thawed here now apart from a few patches on the grass that's been in the shade all day, if it hadn't been for last nights heavy rain it probably would've been a good 20cm or so on the ground, definitely more of a rapid thaw than yesterday despite the rain. Thoroughly enjoyed it and definitely more snow than last year which I believe was none around here, its been good all of us as a regional community on nw keeping one another posted on various locations.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters
1 hour ago, Snowycat said:

Prudence, Scottie and Rupert braved the snow this morning.  Prudence wasn’t so sure but Rupert snd Scottie had a great time.  Roops is 17 and had a new lease of life running around pushing the snow about with his paws.  Daisy just watched it from the door 😂

Could contain: Potted Plant, Path, Walkway, Pottery, Flower, Flagstone, Nature, Outdoors, Flower Arrangement, Vase

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Canine, Hound, Tree, Winter, Cat, Snow, Vegetation, Tennis Ball

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Cat, Mammal, Pet, Building, Shelter, Snow, Blizzard

Could contain: Door, Floor, Cat, Pet, Housing, Bed, Flooring, Chair, Person, House

lovely photos, great to see animals enjoying this weather as well as us lot, my puss was jumping around like a spring lamb in the back garden yesterday in the deeper drifts loving every minute of it, wasn't too pleased once her paws were frozen and covered in snow, soon made a dash for indoors to thaw off.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
41 minutes ago, Gord said:

Very interesting shift at work on the railway today.

Drove the (very 😫) early morning Leicester stopping service. Absolutely spectacular, it was stunning with the first light of day emerging and snow falling heavilly. It was quite wild between Hinckley and Narborough and looked like Narborough had some very deep snow. Had to apply some of the safety rules we are trained to do when driving in snow. But thoroughly enjoyed it...my training in the simulator in these conditions had set me up well! We had a good, safe run in spectacular conditions and only ended picking up a couple of minutes delay. Though when you're the stopping service, your timings are for a slower run anyway!

Then in mid morning, I did Derby and Nottingham. The snow was beginning to melt by then but it was almost completely green from Tamworth northwards..could see very little evidence of any snow at all around Burton. Between Derby and Nottingham, it was very very patchy but could see higher ground in the distance still had a good cover. I'm sure these places had done well but it had melted remarkably quickly.

Then driving home just now, it appears that the Sandwell area and Dudley have actually managed to hang on to quite a bit of snow cover. Still quite covered down my road too.

I feel like we did very well out of it here in Leicester. Got lucky with that direct hit from the heavy PPN. It's almost all gone now, apart from shaded areas, but it's been a beautiful, sunny and crisp day.

• Thanks 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

I feel like we did very well out of it here in Leicester. Got lucky with that direct hit from the heavy PPN. It's almost all gone now, apart from shaded areas, but it's been a beautiful, sunny and crisp day.

Oh without doubt you did. I was sitting in South Wigston station waiting to go looking towards Narborough. I can normally see my next three signals on the straight ahead, the snow was coming down that hard I could only see my next one.

So pleased I had a Leicester run first thing today!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1

Posted

Snow threat for tomorrow seems to have diminished for our patch 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, nobble said:

Snow threat for tomorrow seems to have diminished for our patch 

Was never really on, Tues next week iffy Cheshire Gap flow, angle needs to be right, and will it fall as rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Lovely end to the day, I prefer to have melt from the ☀️ rather than from 🌧️ 

Still snow cover on grassy surfaces and some sheltered roofs

Could contain: Plant, Tree, Fir, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Conifer, Weather, Vegetation

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm spring, hot summers
2 minutes ago, LeeKay/ said:

Many thanks to you all for the snow discussion over the past several days, ups and downs!

Well i have been here lurking in the background due to some unfortunate reasons that has took a toll upon my life.

Back in 2007 i got a Kitten lovely male ginger tom  - He passed, 30th January 2023 at 10:32pm at home with me.

His little heart was on its way out in November, when i took him to the vets but they gave me (a warning he could go at any time) And medication for him.

So thats 16 years living alone with just one friend to help me on my way - that he did to, with my Dad passing in 2016, Relationships on and off, My little fella was always there. Its ripped my heart out, getting back home and no "meawws", hopping on my lap, it could go on forever

Enjoy your life and pets while here, a bit like the snow over past days, once its gone, its gone.

Two images 11th Dec 22 Paws in the snow. And just him wondering if its going to stop raining!

Still got a bit of snow on the shaded area out back.

Again, thanks all.

Could contain: Footprint

Could contain: Animal, Cat, Mammal, Manx, Pet, Abyssinian, Kitten

So sorry that you have lost your beautiful cat 💞 so pretty and I love the little paw prints in the snow 😊🐾

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just got back home to Ratby. Had to take a trip down to Northampton to pick up some paperwork from my old job. I was surprised by how little snow there was down there when I arrived at midday. Didn't see any lying snow at all. On the way back this afternoon, it was nearly all gone in Market Harborough and Leicester City Centre. Got home to Ratby and we still have a lot of lying snow left. Only areas that don't are roads and pavements that have seen the sun. Shaded areas have loads left. This was my back garden 5 minutes ago...

Could contain: Backyard, Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Weather, Garden

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, Neil Harris said:

Over on the model thread, they are beginning to wonder about whether it may be repeated next Tuesday.

Someone tell them it's Cheltenham.. Snow, bu&ger off.

but I'm in Stafford not Chelt! you should want it here not there then

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm spring, hot summers

Decided to drive north for  a few miles this afternoon as I  could see the white hills. It was beautiful. 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Ice, Winter, Snow

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Sky, Cotton

• Like 6

Posted

The snow-fields have survived another day 😆Could contain: Backyard, Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Walkway, Flagstone, Weather, Tree, Garden, Fir

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.

Stragging snow took 15 mins ago

(And thanks for your thanks)

Bins vs gardens, ice fight tonight who will make it?

Could contain: Soil, Ice, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Leaf, Plant, Snow

Could contain: Hot Tub, Tub, Brick, Nature, Outdoors, Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Nice to see the sunset after recent dullness. Snow cover almost gone. 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunset, Sunlight, Sunrise

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunset, Sunlight, Building, Spire, Tower, Silhouette, Sunrise

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunset, Silhouette, Cloud, Sunlight, Cumulus, Weather

• Like 7

Posted
2 hours ago, Gord said:

Very interesting shift at work on the railway today.

Drove the (very 😫) early morning Leicester stopping service. Absolutely spectacular, it was stunning with the first light of day emerging and snow falling heavilly. It was quite wild between Hinckley and Narborough and looked like Narborough had some very deep snow. Had to apply some of the safety rules we are trained to do when driving in snow. But thoroughly enjoyed it...my training in the simulator in these conditions had set me up well! We had a good, safe run in spectacular conditions and only ended picking up a couple of minutes delay. Though when you're the stopping service, your timings are for a slower run anyway!

Then in mid morning, I did Derby and Nottingham. The snow was beginning to melt by then but it was almost completely green from Tamworth northwards..could see very little evidence of any snow at all around Burton. Between Derby and Nottingham, it was very very patchy but could see higher ground in the distance still had a good cover. I'm sure these places had done well but it had melted remarkably quickly.

Then driving home just now, it appears that the Sandwell area and Dudley have actually managed to hang on to quite a bit of snow cover. Still quite covered down my road too.

Mansfield Nottinghamshire my early morning drive to work 🙂 am hoping no more snow on Tuesday as have a train booked 🙂

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Blizzard, Snow, Storm, Bench, Furniture, Weather, Person

Edited by Aidloz
  • Like 2

Posted
10 hours ago, MattStoke said:

This morning making up for yesterday somewhat.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ice, Spire, Construction Crane, Arch, Frost, Snow, Car

Could contain: Plant, Tree, Tree Trunk, Outdoors, Nature, Vegetation, Winter, Snow

Could contain: Beard, Face, Head, Person, Portrait, Adult, Male, Man, Coat, Car

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Plant, Vegetation, Ice, Grass, Snow

Could contain: Railway, Transportation, Terminal, Train, Train Station, Vehicle, Person

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ice, Winter, Road, Snow, Car, Vehicle, Blizzard

Could contain: Bench, Furniture, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ice, Plant, Tree, Snow, Person

Like a whole different world out there this afternoon. Beautiful spring sunshine and a rapid thaw with no snow left at my work in Shelton. Although there’s still quite a lot of snow in the shaded areas back at home in Longton and everything will be freezing over quickly now.

Some nice cirrus cloud being lit up the setting sun.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunset, Sunlight, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Building, Silhouette

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Temperatures are dropping fast now, with my very small snow patches I’m left with…minus 6 is expected here 🥶 overnight 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Still have about 2 -3cms left here,  that was as darkness fell....

That's not all that is falling tonight.

Already the temperature is down to -2.7C in the snow covered garden, and there are suggestions we may get down to -8 to -10C.

In which case the lowest of the winter.

Extensive ice forming on the melting water.

At 14:00 I decided to clear the snow from my ponds. 

Much to my surprise there was still about 8cms left on the covering boards.

MIA   

Loved seeing all your vids and pictures, hopefully we'll have some more next week.

MIA

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Was never really on, Tues next week iffy Cheshire Gap flow, angle needs to be right, and will it fall as rain

We were never meant to have snow Wednesday on Monday night but hey presto it snowed all day ( never settled ) but it snowed ! 

keep hoping ❄️👍🏻

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
40 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Still have about 2 -3cms left here,  that was as darkness fell....

That's not all that is falling tonight.

Already the temperature is down to -2.7C in the snow covered garden, and there are suggestions we may get down to -8 to -10C.

In which case the lowest of the winter.

Extensive ice forming on the melting water.

At 14:00 I decided to clear the snow from my ponds. 

Much to my surprise there was still about 8cms left on the covering boards.

MIA   

Loved seeing all your vids and pictures, hopefully we'll have some more next week.

MIA

I’ll defo second that, it’s been 👌

Maybe we aren’t finished 😉

8pm …T -1.9c Dp -3.0c humidity 89%🥶