Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
14 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

EC a bit pants! one day snow chance then mild

Looks less cold than the UKMO and GFS. Best hope is for a strong north westerly from that one.

Posted
5 hours ago, Row w said:

Pretty much all thawed here now apart from a few patches on the grass that's been in the shade all day, if it hadn't been for last nights heavy rain it probably would've been a good 20cm or so on the ground, definitely more of a rapid thaw than yesterday despite the rain. Thoroughly enjoyed it and definitely more snow than last year which I believe was none around here, its been good all of us as a regional community on nw keeping one another posted on various locations.

Still have a decent covering here 15 miles to your west/south west.

• Like 1

Posted
18 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:

@Don I was  wondering where you were, I was worried you had gone somewhere and missed a very rare occurence! Treasure the memory and keep the pictures somewhere. It doesn't happen very often!

Lol, been here all the time but very busy with work this week, so not had much time to post.  That said, made time to enjoy the snow lol!!  Here are some more photos from this morning and this evening.  It would seem the Shropshire snow dome has been at least temporarily lifted?!!  I'm guessing this has been the biggest fall of snow for this area since the BFTE or December 2017?

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Tree, Sunset, Scenery, Landscape, Sunrise, Flare, Sunlight

Could contain: Tree, Vegetation, Fir, Nature, Outdoors, Wilderness, Scenery, Land, Slope, Woodland

Could contain: Tree, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Fir, Vegetation, Woodland, Ground, Sky

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sun, Landscape, Tree, Vegetation, Scenery, Sunrise, Sunset

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Fence, Ice, Sky, Railing

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Winter, Car, Snow, Blizzard, Storm, Person, Tree

Could contain: Neighborhood, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Car, Shelter, Ice, Tree, Suburb, Scenery

Could contain: Building, Cottage, House, Housing, Outdoors, Shelter, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Nature

• Like 9

Posted
10 minutes ago, Don said:

Lol, been here all the time but very busy with work this week, so not had much time to post.  That said, made time to enjoy the snow lol!!  Here are some more photos from this morning and this evening.  It would seem the Shropshire snow dome has been at least temporarily lifted?!!  I'm guessing this has been the biggest fall of snow for this area since the BFTE or December 2017?

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Tree, Sunset, Scenery, Landscape, Sunrise, Flare, Sunlight

Could contain: Tree, Vegetation, Fir, Nature, Outdoors, Wilderness, Scenery, Land, Slope, Woodland

Could contain: Tree, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Fir, Vegetation, Woodland, Ground, Sky

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sun, Landscape, Tree, Vegetation, Scenery, Sunrise, Sunset

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Fence, Ice, Sky, Railing

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Winter, Car, Snow, Blizzard, Storm, Person, Tree

Could contain: Neighborhood, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Car, Shelter, Ice, Tree, Suburb, Scenery

Could contain: Building, Cottage, House, Housing, Outdoors, Shelter, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Nature

Cracking photos 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

Wintry Day - 10 March 2023 Time-Lapse

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Don't it go quiet when there is no snow forecast!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.

Just a bit, most are exausted in posting 24/7 tho Blesse em!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Evening all, what a night! Still around 11 inch level snow here and drifts 4/5 foot on places, there was a little snow melt during the day with clear blue skys and a real alpine feel.. Not been able to get out as all the single track lanes are still blocked to get onto the main roads. Temps realy dropping now..  There about a foot drifted on mt North facing roof of the bungalow, not looking forward to that sliding off..

Temp currently -6c 

Expecting temps to drop to -9/10..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather
4 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Evening all, what a night! Still around 11 inch level snow here and drifts 4/5 foot on places, there was a little snow melt during the day with clear blue skys and a real alpine feel.. Not been able to get out as all the single track lanes are still blocked to get onto the main roads. Temps realy dropping now..  There about a foot drifted on mt North facing roof of the bungalow, not looking forward to that sliding off..

Sounds amazing. Not jealous, not jealous at all...

• Like 1

Posted

Wow, @Polar must still be tough up there, wish you well.

Posted
2 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Looks less cold than the UKMO and GFS. Best hope is for a strong north westerly from that one.

There is a small disturbance in the flow on Tuesday coming from the NW. Hoping for something like the day after Arwen. Tiny feature but produced a good 5cm. Models not making much of any moisture from it at the moment though.

GFSOPEU18_90_1.png

Posted
41 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Temp currently -6c 

Expecting temps to drop to -9/10..

11 inches of level snow after melting 

next level stiff right there !!!👍🏻

Posted

To be honest I'm ready for Spring proper now and some warmth.. As much as I love cold and snow.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

To be honest I'm ready for Spring proper now and some warmth.. As much as I love cold and snow.

Haha you guys certainly won the competition. All the pictures around Sheffield and the peaks looked crazy! But I’m in the same camp as you I think; partly as the snow melts v quickly round here and it’s fairly grim for the day or so afterwards 

• Like 1

Posted

Temp down to -6c here already and a Dp of -8c. 

• Like 2

Posted

-2.4c  outside,  dew LL on display?

Anyway its bluddy cold out there. Bird feeders refilled,  nice to a bunch of long tail tits, flitting around and bullfinch as to the usual crew of robbins, dunnock House sparrow, great and blue tit skittering about in the yard in yesterdays twilight.

----

No ads or anything, I added my cat, into here (youtube) for respect. Its tough to upload them

Many more to come, (i hate they classed as shorts)

https://www.youtube.com/@mickjones6099

Edited by LeeKay/
is now saturday!

Posted

Snowing in south wales , heavy in some places !! 

a chance for us later for a couple more hours of snow ?? ❄️❄️🤞🏻

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Feeling the same way as Polar Maritime regarding looking forward to some warm/very mild Spring weather soon. Has not felt like it since March started, although to be fair March can still be quite a wintry month (as we know how the last few days have been 😅). The fact this cold spell has been coming with snow has made it very enjoyable. Some snow remaining on the ground this morning and some fairly light frost in parts making the landscapes look glistening.

I think after today’s rain, sleet or snow (encouraging that it’s currently snowing in South Wales), and some beefy wintry showers via the possible high quality North-Westerly flow on Tuesday, then a spell of warmer, drier/less unsettled, weather would be nice. 

Would also be okay with a brief wintry blast later into the month or early April for the sake of variety.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 1

Posted

I don’t really get that desperate need people have for warmth in early spring. Aside from people who hate the cold, of course. We’ve many months of ahead for warmth whereas the window for cold and snow is small.

ICON gives a decent dollop of snow this evening/early tonight before the mild air takes over.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Atlas, Diagram

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.

Anyone looking at the precipitation over North Wales at the moment? Seems to be heading Midlands way, been poorly modelled. 

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Coast, Peninsula, Shoreline, Rainforest, Plot

Edit: seems to be fading away over Snowdonia. 

Edited by CoventryWeather

Posted
1 hour ago, C11ady said:

Laura Tobin yesterday near my house high up in Buxton.

Could contain: Coat, Glove, Jacket, Person, Photography, Portrait, Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Hood

How’d she get up there?! Thought she was London based. Using taxpayers money to get here up to the good spots lucky sod 🤣

1 hour ago, CoventryWeather said:

Anyone looking at the precipitation over North Wales at the moment? Seems to be heading Midlands way, been poorly modelled. 

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Coast, Peninsula, Shoreline, Rainforest, Plot

Edit: seems to be fading away over Snowdonia. 

Unfortunate mountain effect right there 😞