Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

I take it all back ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️🥶

worse drive to work ever !! 

roads covered , terrible ice snow , I had to abandon the van and walk over a mile into work !!!!

heavy snow all the way in !!

please no one ever say match snow is pointless and poor 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, biting winds, frigid temperatures and thunderstorms

A nice covering here and still coming down heavily! What a nice bonus as we enter spring👌🏼

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Haven't been out to take the readings yet but having been out to feed the birds there's over a foot of level snow and a lot of drifts.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, sheikhy said:

Just popped into the mod thread!more snow chances for us tomorrow and next tuesday/wednesday!!!💦💦

Tell me more 👍🏻❄️❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.

Still snowing heavily here, with I'd say about 4/5cm on grassy surfaces and a couple on the pavements. Some drifting as well, even at roughly 120m asl. 

Schools shut around here too and roads look deadly. I might take a walk in a little while, but got some work to do before then. 

Looking forward to seeing more images over the coming hours. 

Edited by CoventryWeather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Ignore that one..

Great Blizzard of Bugbrooke...

Edited by matty40s
  • Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Well 5cms easy here this morning!and some surfaces have close to 10cms!!!picturea dont do it justice!!!.....

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Winter, Weather, Snow, Footprint

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Blizzard, Snow, Storm

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Blizzard, Snow, Storm, Winter, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Weather

Could contain: Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Outdoors, Suburb

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Winter, Snow, Picket Fence

Got about 6cm here.

Very good event for midlands,

We would have been nearing a foot if that pesky low had just been 60 miles to the south!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
6 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Ignore that one..

Great Blizzard of Bugbrooke...

I know where that is, mate! Used to walk the dog along that canal when I lived in Northampton. I lived in Upton, so not far from there.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Moved away to the east now, 

Not surprised, often you find in these intense snowy spells theyll track away quicker than we like. Oh well, it was a really good widespread snowfall and great to get out in it for a bit. I measured a 6cm top up this morning and we had about 5/6cm yesterday, so really good here in this part of Brum. It was throwing it down with rain last night which makes it ever sweeter.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Battleground Snow said:

Got about 6cm here.

Very good event for midlands,

We would have been nearing a foot if that pesky low had just been 60 miles to the south!

Mate it just goes to show though it can be as wet as it wants and it can ra8n as much as it wants but if its gona settle it will settle😈!!theres more potential snow events coming up in the next 5 or 6 days aswell!!😱

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder, Heat

Well I think that's it for here, what a great spell of snow that was. Obviously we lost a lot in-between falls, but there must have been 15-20 cm overall.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Mate it just goes to show though it can be as wet as it wants and it can ra8n as much as it wants but if its gona settle it will settle😈!!theres more potential snow events coming up in the next 5 or 6 days aswell!!😱

Iffy next week, GFS is the most favourable for Thurs, EC and UKMO too far north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Snow still moderate here good cover on everything here is a short video made a few minutes ago

Could contain: Pants, Person, Standing, Jeans, Adult, Male, Man, Portrait, Alloy Wheel, Outdoors

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

In Kingswinford, West Midlands, we had      5-6cm yesterday morning (although this was only on some surfaces with pavements only having 2-3cm for example). This was all washed away once the rain came yesterday afternoon and overnight.

We’ve had 3cm here this morning with the snow that’s falling now being basically very fine. Due to the loss in intensity, the roads are now clear or slushy.

Drove to Dudley last night which at 9pm had snow on all surfaces still, apart from the road, unlike Kingswinford. 

Good snow event. My area wasn’t even in any warnings or forecasted any snow initially a few days ago. Not the best my area has had, last December was better. Obviously better for lots of you.  

Could contain: Fir, Tree, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Winter, Ice, Car, Snow, Road

Edited by MidlandsWeatherGeek
  • Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Well, I think it's safe to say that this has been a memorable event for most of us!😁

Yes it’s been great. But I was expecting this to continue till 10am today. It’s like the whole system is being fast forwarded. The snow is gone a bit light now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Yep clearing up now, after all the confusion and unknowns, it turned out to be a really good spell for most of us, the best since 2018 easily.

• Like 3