Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Just gone past 30C (30.3C and rising). 2 degrees above MetO forecast. Skies were milky but clearing a lot now and plenty of blue around in NE Hants.

And already I am indoors where it is cool 😅

Posted
24 minutes ago, clark3r said:

24.1 milkly high cloud brisk breeze feels a lot warmer

Pretty much what I'm seeing on the coast. We peaked at 25.5C at lunchtime, but the high cloud has brought the temp back to 24C (although I notice it's starting to rise again now..) Nice breeze though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Mid 20s at best on the sussex coast.

Where's the heatwave? 😉

• Like 1

Posted
On 16/07/2022 at 15:43, Reefseeker said:

Feeling very hot in Surbiton this afternoon, with mostly clear blue skies. Local weather stations on Wunderground within a 3-mile radius are showing temperatures between 27-31.

24 hours later, the Wunderground stations locally are hotter than yesterday, with one solitary 29 degrees and the rest at 30-31. So not too cool from the thin high cloud that arrived at lunchtime which has given us hazy sunshine for the afternoon. The park had plentiful sunbathers alongside people playing cricket, basketball, tennis and football; the slight breeze no doubt very welcome. The edges of the ponds are now starting to crack where they have dried out and the stream that supplies one of them is non-existent.

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted

Not very hot here with pleasant breeze, extensive high cloud and a little Ac cas.

Posted

We touched just under 31C here so broadly 1C more than predicted today. Though hazy now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

25.5c here currently and a strong breeze, fairly warm id say. 

• Like 1

Posted

Think we topped out at 29c here (Norwich weather centre figure) just started to drop at 28c now. Slight milkyness to the sky and the breeze is now dropping back. Praying (and I am the least religious person ever) 🙏🏻🙏🏻 that we don’t hit the expected highs over the next few days. Thankfully now off work til Wednesday, because the care home was horrendous today, those working through are really not looking forward to it and were jealous of my days off 🙃

Posted
8 hours ago, lottiekent said:

Now 19.6c with unbroken sunshine and little to no breeze - the MO is showing a high of 23c here today which of course will be breached. 

26.9c was the high, achieved on all stations locally so not just local to my garden station. 

Not really dropping off yet as it’s hovering just over 26c with some high cloud coming and going and a light breeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Harry's House said:

Not very hot here with pleasant breeze, extensive high cloud and a little Ac cas.

Yeah I sure some AC cas earlier, it surprised me moving north to south, long gone now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Back home now and more sunshine now as the cloud has thinned a bit. I think it has scraped to 31c.

Tomorrow looking like a close run thing regarding a new record (39c forecast, 40c still theoretically possible). Tuesday looks potentially ridiculous but need to see the ECM slow down the progression of the cooler air to feel any confidence in this.

• Like 2

Posted

Looking at the models it seems like alot of the Eastern areas will escape the high 30s and 40s. To us this might not actually be record breaking especially along the coastal areas? Or is this models overdoing the sea breeze?

Posted
3 hours ago, Polaris said:

Let’s see if tomorrow actually produces blue skies! 

Best chance looks like tomorrow with cloud increasing along with the temperature on Tuesday 

768867076_Screenshot2022-07-17at20_16_12.thumb.png.84c5122a6241aef3b0e52c28aa369944.png

Edited by Mac_SE
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Niece just reporting rain in Southampton...am so envious! 

Edited by Mizzle
Typo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Where's a pesky shortwave when you need 1, bet they'll be plenty of the gits around, come wintertime, ready to scupper a decent snowfall for us all

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

High cloud and the loss of late morning/lunchtime breeze made this afternoon's high of 31.2°C  feel uncomfortably warmer.  The house GF temp is currently 27.2°C  but the bedrooms are still registering as 29.7°C  and am dreading going to bed.   Although I sometimes mutter about the sadistic g*t who designed the house with each bedroom facing due west, to guarantee overheated rooms even in average summers, I keep thinking about those living in cities encircled by busy roads, other high density housing and without much (if any)  surrounding space, grass and trees to help absorb the heat.

So good luck and sincere best wishes to all struggling with the heat over the next couple of days and nights - and reminder to self to be grateful for having somewhere to lay my head, hot or otherwise.   

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Peaked here in Locksbottom about 12.30 at 30.2 before the milky cloud came over and it stayed at around 28 mark.currently 21.2 @10.25 so will hopefully drop to about 17 by 5.30-6am before the heat starts to build.I reckon we will get 37/38 here if skies stay clear.Starting work at 7.30 but will finish by 11 as just not worth the risk and probably do the same Tuesday.

stay safe everyone and stock fridge up with cold water👍

• Like 2

Posted

In bed surrounded by 3 electric fans. And my top tip for anyone struggling with warm bedrooms is to hang a cold wet sheet in front of an open window: it really does help cool the air down. Just remember to close it again when you wake up to keep the hot air at bay.

Sleep well all.

x

Edited by Mizzle
  • Like 3

Posted

Flash of lightning and clap of thunder to south, light rain.

• Like 4

Posted
19 minutes ago, Harry's House said:

Flash of lightning and clap of thunder to south, light rain.

Saw those showers over the west/SW heading towards our region. Don’t think they were forecast but they’re more than welcome

Posted
8 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

30c back home, currently in South Essex and there is actually some mid level convection developing. I wouldn’t have thought there would be enough to create showers but obviously that stuff is much thicker than the surrounding high cloud.

i see that ,like thin layer of unstableness ,like us trying to stand up in the loft ,like we are higher up than usual  but cant go no further otherwise we  bang our heads, hope Sheppey has a  high tide today as it was alight earlier