SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted

Temperature
-1.1°C

Wind
NNE

Wind Speed
0.0mph

Not impressed with NEasterly, unlike almost everyone. Guess this is what happens when so far from the sea/Coast. 

Bring on the NWesterly, we stand a chance of getting pasted then ❄️🌨️😁

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
6 hours ago, Vortex3929 said:

Already a little slippery out there by 5pm. Walking home and wasn't the most secure on some steps. The only thing I really dislike about winter is ice, unless it's in a JD and coke.. that's acceptable 

As soon as I did the Jameson Whiskey tour in Ireland I went off JD. Its barely distilled American crap, basically Irish whiskeys generally are the most distilled hence the triple distilled 3 diff pots used to process it iver sever days. Scottish are mainly double distilled we tasted all diff whiskeys there, also the Irish are much more environmentally friendly which is cool Ireland buy a lot of single used barrels that the Americans simply throw away to waste after only one barrel of whiskey is made, not to mention Jameson tastes way smoother than JD etc. But each to their own of course. They have to be a higher price due to the whiskey evaporating over the years.

As for the weather- I'm up in inland East Anglia until Monday now my attention has now switched to the snow to rain event Sunday morning. Dont think those wintry showers on the Norfolk coast will make it as far inland as my phone app suggested but its super cold and icy here! The winter lights are on here in Elveden Forest feels very festive!

Screenshot_20231201-202719_Weather.jpg

20231201_203640.jpg

20231201_204513.jpg

20231201_204502.jpg

20231201_204500.jpg

20231201_194325.jpg

20231201_184320.jpg

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

All grey at home about 50 m asl, but down at sea level the sun has emerged, stunning morning! 😍I don’t care about the snow, when the frost and sun are in abundance. Perhaps come February if I still haven’t seen snow and walked on it squeaking and crunching beneath my feet I may feel differently! 🙃❄️⛄

IMG_8319.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, crazysnowcatz4 said:

Small spattering of snow in Canterbury , probably less than 1cm but lawn and shed roof are covered. Must have happened from around 11.30 to around 3.00AM last night according to radar.

Do you know of a radar history app that goes beyond the 6 hours of the Met Office app? I want to work out which side of midnight my overnight dusting came. Thx

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

1CM here, 2CM just slightly higher up.. Started around 2am-3am :)

403408851_375100298325587_6729275284903599195_n.jpg

403407047_1074042670398072_7114020250452748020_n.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Sleet & ice pellets all night here in Herne Bay.

Added thundersleet too which I've attached a video of 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Still -1c here and a little foggy, frost is hanging on still.

• Like 1

Posted

Another hard frost last night. Today looks like being the last really cold day. East of England met office forecast talking of rain, sleet and possibly snow tonight, although there is no warning for our region so I guess they aren't expecting any snow to amount to much.

Rain for Sunday and Monday and temps about 5 or 6 for the rest of the week rising to 10 by Friday but that's a long way off. So looks like a cold week coming up but not much in the way of wintry weather. Looks like a lack of frost after tonight as well with too much cloud around.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
24 minutes ago, snowblind said:

East of England met office forecast talking of rain, sleet and possibly snow tonight, although there is no warning for our region

Although there was no warning for last nights snow either in East Kent, they just said "Wintry Showers". I saw a lot of gritters on the road last night, and it was chucking it down around 2am and gave a fair covering :)

• Like 1

Posted

Minus 1 still here with a top up of around 4cm of snow overnight. We were well placed for the streamer although I think Charing Hill / Stalisfield would have been the sweet spot given wind angle 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I didn't notice until I popped to the shop, but there is what I can only describe as the finest mist of a drizzle of sleet falling.
A few flakes mixed in.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It's all doom and gloom in the MOD thread this morning. From a Siberian freeze that was showing up last night, we now have a BBQ Christmas😜 I have brought a shovel and charcoal just in case either scenario becomes reality. I can always use the snow shovel to put the charcoal in the BBQ.👍

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It's all doom and gloom in the MOD thread this morning. From a Siberian freeze that was showing up last night, we now have a BBQ Christmas😜 I have brought a shovel and charcoal just in case either scenario becomes reality. I can always use the snow shovel to put the charcoal in the BBQ.👍

I guess yesterday's 'Right, said Fred' drivel has finally worn off? 😁

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Certainly a cold day. The Netweather Extra temperature feed from Met Office automated weather stations showing most of the Region remaining sub-zero at around 13.00. (The feed lags the radar time stamp by an hour or so). I've just listened to John Hammond on the TV and he's talking about it turning mild, wet and windy by the weekend following, i.e. by 7 days time.

RadarTemp02Dec2313_45.thumb.jpg.fac114bdf30c5d7f4dc6ba4df9af3ec3.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

It's still -0.7c here on the coast that's extraordinary for the 2nd December, did t expect that at all!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter. Colder the better.
3 hours ago, snowblind said:

Another hard frost last night. Today looks like being the last really cold day. East of England met office forecast talking of rain, sleet and possibly snow tonight, although there is no warning for our region so I guess they aren't expecting any snow to amount to much.

Rain for Sunday and Monday and temps about 5 or 6 for the rest of the week rising to 10 by Friday but that's a long way off. So looks like a cold week coming up but not much in the way of wintry weather. Looks like a lack of frost after tonight as well with too much cloud around.

We are usually one of the driest parts of the UK, which is a bummer when it comes to snow. It's hard to get excited sometimes 😄 

Posted

Today's Low Temp    

-2.8°C  at    9.22

OutsideTempHistory.thumb.gif.c40e161e7daa087ea62c4e5e2c189621.gif       

Temperature

-0.8°C

The temperature right now is still below zero, as shown on the graph for the last 24hr.

Along with the Fog which arrived last night & remains today, we have freezing fog and an Ice Day 🥶.

That's acceptable when you don't get a snowgrain or sleet lol

Edited by ChillyJuju
Bad spelling.
  • Like 4

Posted
4 hours ago, Shaunado said:

Do you know of a radar history app that goes beyond the 6 hours of the Met Office app? I want to work out which side of midnight my overnight dusting came. Thx

According to the  Met Office rainfall radar map, it  would seem that for you at Egerton, precipitation occurred not far from midnight both before and after.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's an ice-day here methinks, and freezing fog since sometime last night.

• Like 2