Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted

After around 4 weeks of that N/NE breeze (although more like a gale at times) the  wind finally switched around today and is now firmly Southerly. 

Not as hot as yesterday at 26.5C, but plenty warm enough.

• Like 1

Posted

I’m sitting in the garden with a beer at this time of night, not bad for this early in the summer. There is now literally no breeze, just hope tomorrow is not cloudy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
1 hour ago, Stroudley said:

After around 4 weeks of that N/NE breeze (although more like a gale at times) the  wind finally switched around today and is now firmly Southerly. 

Not as hot as yesterday at 26.5C, but plenty warm enough.

Likewise not as hot as yesterday here due to the onshore wind, but still warm enough, hopefully some surprise storms to compensate.

Posted

This always makes me smile page 400 of our little Southeastern thread 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

What an incredible sunset. Don't have to edit these pictures. Straight from my camera. Sorry for so many images. The trees initially his the sun even when it wasn't fully down but luckily I realised if I went to my front garden, I'd have a second attempt that I probably did better on.

P1160470.thumb.JPG.3da95a73d2714cf9f07313f5e00199f7.JPGP1160606.thumb.JPG.059d34d57048f08a635d049603cb004a.JPGP1160613.thumb.JPG.c4bc2f69db42eb396da91656e651411c.JPGP1160618.thumb.JPG.d07fd1d4c2c758f250c93128bc0e06e8.JPGP1160626.thumb.JPG.29c1c98c83a0208e20e49a336d0165eb.JPG

P1160665.thumb.JPG.f7e8b35ca700a3f4678574e003365eb1.JPGP1160670.thumb.JPG.82a49ec41ee72f42f49149ac005637fb.JPGP1160763.thumb.JPG.3907dcd43dd3b11cc3280dd65923c10b.JPGP1160765.thumb.JPG.905ca4bd1fd7d3a273bfd836f35d610b.JPGP1160767.thumb.JPG.d6e04c7b416a44e443b92ad513ed5ebd.JPGP1160768.thumb.JPG.b5949322835136745a0ca1a12a91e8f3.JPGP1160771.thumb.JPG.c6404cc6fe9fba19bbddee471d435ff3.JPG

P1160782.thumb.JPG.c64ee6eee02e035e0cdba1a0a5d1becb.JPGP1160783.thumb.JPG.e3c09effd978ad15802fb264fb2e9e9d.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
2 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

All gone now, but did have little towers for a few hours, they just couldn't grow.

Yes   ..all to a Line that nick said in his forecast sliding northwest...but it is what it is and bobs your uncle  . Dont trust storms coming over from France neither ..one they  are elevated...nothing surfaced based comes over that cold water 💧  .from the  south . .its forced to . . Front  .little short wave ..etc etc..

Posted
35 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

This always makes me smile page 400 of our little Southeastern thread 

But we are all here my friend and we do it through thick and  thin..over joyed or got the hump ...but we are still  here  ..  🙂 ..

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, TN9 said:

But we are all here my friend and we do it through thick and  thin..over joyed or got the hump ...but we are still  here  ..  🙂 ..

Sometimes I look on here for normality..because the real world is really going to pot ..:(

• Like 1

Posted

Tell you what though fellow South easterners ..there's always a good atmosphere on our forum . ..always 🙂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
10 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Tell you what though fellow South easterners ..there's always a good atmosphere on our forum . ..always 🙂

I'm out in the garden surrounded by 10 cats, a couple of giant months and even a bat is flying around in circles.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
10 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I'm out in the garden surrounded by 10 cats, a couple of giant months and even a bat is flying around in circles.

🦇 think. My wings are a shield of steel.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
31 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It'll be looking for those big moths.

• Like 2

Posted

Guess the song ...

Over the past few years
To the traditional sounds of the English summer
The drone of lawnmowers
The smack of leather on willow

… Has been added a new noise..

What were the skies like when you were young?
They went on forever and they, when I, we lived in Arizona
And the skies always had little fluffy clouds in them and, er
They were long and clear and ...

Whats sad she says ..you don't see that anymore ..:( 

Could contain:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
49 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Guess the song ...

Over the past few years
To the traditional sounds of the English summer
The drone of lawnmowers
The smack of leather on willow

… Has been added a new noise..

What were the skies like when you were young?
They went on forever and they, when I, we lived in Arizona
And the skies always had little fluffy clouds in them and, er
They were long and clear and ...

Whats sad she says ..you don't see that anymore ..:( 

Could contain:

Morning all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families, well.

Morning TN9,

Likewise I hope yourself and your Family, are well.

I was just browsing, when I saw your poser.

I'm way too long in the tooth to be a fan of this Music but I'm a stickler for a Quiz.

My era is more late 1960's, 70's and 80's.

On doing a little bit of research, I unearthed the following Youtube clip:

I will forward my details and expect to see a "virtual" cheque in return in due course. Lol.

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Tom Quintavalle said:

Morning all,

Morning TN9,

I'm way too long in the tooth to be a fan of this Music but I'm a stickler for a Quiz.

I will forward my details and expect to see a "virtual" cheque in return in due course. Lol.

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Speaking of Clouds and Music. The following Youtube clip is much more my type of Music and features a young Lady, who hails from the S.E. Region. born just 6 miles East of my location, in Bexleyheath. Step forward, Kate Bush and Cloudbusting:

From someone who is still plagued with Brontophobic tendencieds, I hope those Brontophiles amongst you won't have to resort to such drastic measures, to achieve your Lightning/Thunder fix!! 

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Tom Quintavalle said:

Speaking of Clouds and Music. The following Youtube clip is much more my type of Music and features a young Lady, who hails from the S.E. Region. born just 6 miles East of my location, in Bexleyheath. Step forward, Kate Bush and Cloudbusting:

From someone who is still plagued with Brontophobic tendencieds, I hope those Brontophiles amongst you won't have to resort to such drastic measures, to achieve your Lightning/Thunder fix!! 

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Just a short postscript, to the above Youtube clip: 

"Filming took place at the Vale of White Horse in Oxfordshire, England. The hill on which the machine is positioned is Dragon Hill, immediately below the Uffington White Horse, a prehistoric hill carving which can be seen briefly in a couple of the shots."

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍 

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
7 hours ago, TN9 said:

Indeed and when you take a look at the first page typical teasing of snow at Xmas lol. 400 pages later back to beautiful sunshine heat and hopefully thunderstorms. Its a great forum. The only one I use. I remember the bbc snow watch all those years ago when tinternet was just starting and we were on dial up connections.... love this place. Let's hope the thunderstorms kick off 

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Tom Quintavalle said:

Morning all,

Morning TN9,

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Owe you one Tom ...that picture was a real one at 4.35 this morning ..over Tonbridge...I don't want the nights to draw in Tom ...I love summer for length of day not so much heat ...other than the east coasters   ..I've loved summer so far ..:)

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Jimmyh said:

Indeed and when you take a look at the first page typical teasing of snow at Xmas lol. 400 pages later back to beautiful sunshine heat and hopefully thunderstorms. Its a great forum. The only one I use. I remember the bbc snow watch all those years ago when tinternet was just starting and we were on dial up connections.... love this place. Let's hope the thunderstorms kick off 

I never went on snow watch ..but I remember looking at met fX charts on old modem ..you actually heard it dial ..lol load of  noise and static ..but up they would pop ..my mum used to say you .. can't keep dialling the weather its costing a fortune ..use teletext ..lol.. have a lovely day 🙂 

Posted
2 hours ago, Tom Quintavalle said:

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Yea she lived with her dad and family  a Dr  on old farm thats proberbley built over now ..Great singer great girl and in  video he get taken away by the men in black 🙂

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
1 hour ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Absolutely glorious yesterday and here's to more today! Hopefully any pesky thunderstorms stay away and not ruin the sunshine.

High of 31c yesterday, lavly.

it really is but it would be nice to have some rain at night to make the sleeping easier