Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The sun is at least breaking through today with some sunshine and it feels considerably warmer. That said for many it will be Saturday when our fortunes fully change. Some parts of East Anglia could see close to a 10c rise between Friday and Saturday as the wind veers from the north east to the south east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

We've even had some sunny intervals over here! But, alas, it's still only 14C.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Cold today, not liking it at all :(  Whens this cloud ** off?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Neilsouth said:

Cold today, not liking it at all 😞 Whens this cloud ** off?

It's gone from here, wondering if Langdon bay has had more sun than manston recently.

• Like 1

Posted
On 06/06/2023 at 08:00, SunSean said:

Once we switch to more southerly winds, we should be good. Its just taking its sweet a** time to get rid of this north easterly!

Current sunshine duration for June 2023-

East not doing so well!

South West remains as sunny as the Med.

Could contain: Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Text

Imagine..its December say 15th   and Christmas songs are playing and it getting  colder and colder . .frost doesn't melt and we know we have snow showers incoming on a north easterly ..95 % would be over the moon ..in June not so ....but its warming that cuts the cheese now  ..without a doubt  its a temperal thing ...last bastion of? ..well not normal but bearable 😞 

Edited by TN9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Another Chilly day in that wind...... Two weeks of it and that's just this month!! Soon be done with it though :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
2 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

Another Chilly day in that wind...... Two weeks of it and that's just this month!! Soon be done with it though 🙂

We'll soon be moaning it's too hot!  Has been a miserable Spring though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
28 minutes ago, AltonMatthew said:

How is the latest output translating for Norfolk coast? Particular fro, this Saturday… got a week away planned and hoping for bright weather and NOT the recent cloud fest.

Looking at prospects out to Thurs 15th using the GFS model and it's not looking bad for your week. Plenty of sunshine to enjoy with no recurrence of the daily North Sea clag we've had to endure and no measurable rainfall. The slight fly in the ointment is the winds look to be mainly from an easterly direction, so that will hold temperatures back somewhat if you're on the beach. But go slightly inland - say onto the Broads - and the temps should be very nice indeed. All in all if I was heading off for the Norfolk Coast this weekend I'd be quite pleased. I hope you enjoy your break.

Cloud cover (called nébulosité below as it's a French website) from Sunday morning through to Thursday. Black is clear, Red is thin high level stuff, White is low (base) level cloud. As you can see it's mainly black and red colours for the week.

animwua8.gif

The rainfall accumulation for the 7 days to Thurs 15th shows negligible rainfall (just a small risk from a possible shower on your first Saturday).

GFScumrainfallto15Jun23.thumb.GIF.1351c54d4685712e4f99b2a039beb9b3.GIF

You can find a wide selection of GFS charts including the above at the link below.

https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfs/royaume-uni/precipitations/168h.htm

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Looking at prospects out to Thurs 15th using the GFS model and it's not looking bad for your week. Plenty of sunshine to enjoy with no recurrence of the daily North Sea clag we've had to endure and no measurable rainfall. The slight fly in the ointment is the winds look to be mainly from an easterly direction, so that will hold temperatures back somewhat if you're on the beach. But go slightly inland - say onto the Broads - and the temps should be very nice indeed. All in all if I was heading off for the Norfolk Coast this weekend I'd be quite pleased. I hope you enjoy your break.

Cloud cover (called nébulosité below as it's a French website) from Sunday morning through to Thursday. Black is clear, Red is thin high level stuff, White is low (base) level cloud. As you can see it's mainly black and red colours for the week.

animwua8.gif

The rainfall accumulation for the 7 days to Thurs 15th shows negligible rainfall (just a small risk from a possible shower on your first Saturday).

GFScumrainfallto15Jun23.thumb.GIF.1351c54d4685712e4f99b2a039beb9b3.GIF

You can find a wide selection of GFS charts including the above at the link below.

https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfs/royaume-uni/precipitations/168h.htm

Thank you for this run down! Really appreciate it, I guess we didnt pick too badly then with our timing! 🙂 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
8 hours ago, AltonMatthew said:

Thank you for this run down! Really appreciate it, I guess we didnt pick too badly then with our timing! 🙂 

Yes, looking good. Look at these temperature forecasts from Arpege model for your first 3 days. You might be grateful for a cooling sea breeze! By the way, if you do visit some of the Broads, one of my favourites is Horning Staithe which has a pub beer garden overlooking the water and a variety of cafes, restaurants and gift shops. It even has a 'Mississippi style' paddle boat sailing from alongside the Swan Inn, with 1 and 1/2 hour trips for £10 (discount for kids).

Sat ArpegetempSat10Jun16_00.thumb.png.6bf1c4a15feb54adf5386b7ea5bc63c9.png Sun ArpegetempSun11Jun16_00.thumb.png.abba247a5ac0531f2079e7abab415e1d.png Mon ArpegetempMon12Jun16_00.thumb.png.867140b1ff850a5cce43d1482b284558.png

Source: https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/arpege.php?ech=1&mode=41&map=330

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yes, looking good. Look at these temperature forecasts from Arpege model for your first 3 days. You might be grateful for a cooling sea breeze! By the way, if you do visit some of the Broads, one of my favourites is Horning Staithe which has a pub beer garden overlooking the water and a variety of cafes, restaurants and gift shops. It even has a 'Mississippi style' paddle boat sailing from alongside the Swan Inn, with 1 and 1/2 hour trips for £10 (discount for kids).

Sat ArpegetempSat10Jun16_00.thumb.png.6bf1c4a15feb54adf5386b7ea5bc63c9.png Sun ArpegetempSun11Jun16_00.thumb.png.abba247a5ac0531f2079e7abab415e1d.png Mon ArpegetempMon12Jun16_00.thumb.png.867140b1ff850a5cce43d1482b284558.png

Source: https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/arpege.php?ech=1&mode=41&map=330

Thank you! Looks like its going to be lovely!

Not been to the broads before but like your recommendation and sure the kids would love the paddle boat! Will put it on our lists of things to do 👍👍

• Like 1

Posted

still a cool start to the mornings this week, but at least the sun has arrived earlier today. My walk across Westminster Bridge was not so bad this morning, however my hayfever is killing me 😮 

Pollen is the highest i can remember for a few years. and seems to have come later this year, probably because of the cool spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Hopefully that cold wind has gone for now, managed to avoid the North Sea cloud here, feeling pretty warm in the sun but after about 7pm or earlier some days, freezing!

Are we due any of these storms over the weekend on the SE coast I wonder?

Edited by snowray

Posted

It's a miracle, we still have a breeze, but it's not cold. It finally nice out. 

• Like 2

Posted

Comparatively cooler this morning with some light cloud. Then the skies cleared, and there has been a dramatic rise in temperature. 

21.6C at 13.00, 27.7C at 15.00 and it's still climbing now.  Feeling really very hot now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Roasting out there today currently 26.1c 

Posted

High so far today 19.6 much better, but still not technically over 20, although I'm sure the Langdon bay one will get rounded up.

Posted
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

High so far today 19.6 much better, but still not technically over 20, although I'm sure the Langdon bay one will get rounded up.

22.9c here despite the wind still howling! Not sure why it’s so warm just this little bit further round the coast 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Do have a forecast out for tomorrow but only really a low risk for most of our area so won't bother with the discussion. Early Sunday morning hours potentially and Sunday afternoon might be interesting for some parts of our region. Will talk about closer to time though.

20230609_213752.thumb.jpg.ea352044d38fb0c158c114af08a1753a.jpg

Posted

I'm not so certain on seeing homegrown t/storms here in the far SE, today.

The best numerical data is for Sunday evening which looks interesting for the far SE,

03772_23061200_0918.thumb.gif.681ef2ee18f01614b8186616f1eaafcd.gif

A moderately convective environment leading to likely thunderstorms - if it happened during the day. However, given that this happens when the sun has already set, there seems little to expect all of that potential to amount to anything,

23061200_1000.thumb.gif.28d44a55783f7fbd62854b0603bd877b.gif23061200_1001.thumb.gif.7af4bf880ab932cdc3df4185928d63b4.gif

French imports possible later, today - but this is nowhere near set in stone.

23061015_1000.thumb.gif.9860ea926904a9fae22191d374404ae6.gif

As always nowcasting is the key, now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Already 22.2 out here this morning, breeze is light. I don’t mind thunderstorms after dark but would rather have very warm hot sunshine in the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

first day of the year where I've felt too hot in my room, but that a good sign that it's going to be a hot one 😁

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Interesting article I read online regarding summer on how  the weather pattern is shaping up for this coming summer here in the Far East.  Very unlikely we will see any storms and if any rain, with the continuation of NE ,E winds set up, the see breeze will keep most of these storms much further inland…So most likely we could be in for more weeks of cool stubborn cloud, then a slight shift in wind direction bringing heatwave conditions.

most bizarre set up that I have never seen before,