Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted

Is this constant nagging easterly northeasterly due to a strengthening la nina or something. Do one easterly now!!! Give me a southerly please 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yet another disappointingly grey and cool day. The GFS 06z run this morning was still going for clear skies for most of us by 11.00, whilst a glance out of the window showed reality. Bearing in mind many phone apps use GFS data (as it's free) you can see why many apps have been useless today.

GFS for 11.00 (black is clear) Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Person, Chart, Plot, Storm

Satellite still cloudy at 14.45 Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Rainforest, Vegetation, Coast, Peninsula, Shoreline

Wasn't as bad as it looks here, we had sunny spells, not complete cloud cover. Never mind, if you zoom in you can see the cloud is less near SE Kent coast.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted

As others, the weather is usable during the day bit the wind is nagging a bit and the temperatures do fall during the evenings. Off to the theatre this evening, then meeting friends in town on Saturday before the last day of the football season on Sunday before travelling to the NW. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Although lovely and warm in the sun, the breeze is very cold, icy even! Would be nice to be able to sit out in the garden without getting blasted by cold winds every five minutes.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Although lovely and warm in the sun, the breeze is very cold, icy even! Would be nice to be able to sit out in the garden without getting blasted by cold winds every five minutes.

Strangely it comfortable here, the wind isn't that cool now, but still there, will be chilly once the sun goes down though, a single figure night 

Posted

yeah, the breeze is definitely cooling the sun factor. light jacket? T-shirt? sleeves? goodness know what to wear at the moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Picnic lunches Monday, Wednesday & Friday with nice views and now a long dry sunny bank holiday weekend enjoying my own garden - almost too good to be true 🤗

Could contain: Outdoors, Architecture, Building, Housing, House, Driveway, Aerial View, Nature, Plant, Vegetation

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Lakefront, Garden

Could contain: Vegetation, Grass, Nature, Outdoors, Park, Housing, Tree, Woodland, House, Sycamore

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Picnic lunches Monday, Wednesday & Friday with nice views and now a long dry sunny bank holiday weekend enjoying my own garden - almost too good to be true 🤗

Could contain: Outdoors, Architecture, Building, Housing, House, Driveway, Aerial View, Nature, Plant, Vegetation

Could contain: Vegetation, Grass, Nature, Outdoors, Park, Housing, Tree, Woodland, House, Sycamore

How many acres of land do you have as a garden😵

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

How many acres of land do you have as a garden😵

I wish those were mine …they are 3 different places I’ve visited this week - sadly I haven’t got acre’s myself just a fairly modest plot but then on the plus side I don’t have to pay a team of gardeners to look after it 😀

Could contain: Backyard, Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Garden, Desk, Tennis Ball, Chair, Plant, Interior Design

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Snowangel-MK said:

I wish those were mine …they are 3 different places I’ve visited this week - sadly I haven’t got acre’s myself just a fairly modest plot but then on the plus side I don’t have to pay a team of gardeners to look after it 😀

Could contain: Backyard, Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Garden, Desk, Tennis Ball, Chair, Plant, Interior Design

You have chairs and a canopy👍

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

All I can say is brrrrrrrrrr for Spring 

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

All I can say is brrrrrrrrrr for Spring 

That wind today, surprised there's no gale warning out, it's stronger than Saturday, and that took a slate off my neighbours roof.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
On 28/05/2023 at 14:50, Snowangel-MK said:

9 hours ago, AltonMatthew said:

Any model readers amongst us able to tell what the models are forecasting beyond day 10 for norfolk coast. Spoilt last year and fearing a wash out this year 😅😂

Give it to 200hrs or so.. maybe  a few light showers ..then (gfs) not me says high pulls north west a bit and we get a southerly but maybe heavy showers with it ..I like a cool breeze myself ..it doesn't make the sun any weaker still burns you ..if you can see it that is  in our cloudy east ..if that had been winter for last couple of weeks we would have  been  frozen solid  🙂

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
On 28/05/2023 at 17:13, Snowangel-MK said:

That's still a beautiful garden! Really secluded as well 🥺

Posted
22 hours ago, MAF said:

and do i spot a hot tub by the grey steps?

You do, I thought I’d hidden it well behind the garden room (aka jungle) ….your powers of observation are just way too good 🕵️♂️

…..my excuse (and I’m sticking to it) for the indulgence (and a slightly higher electricity bill, although being Canadian built it is very well insulated so not that bad) is that being a hydro spa it’s for medicinal use… 🤗 

Could contain: Garden, Nature, Outdoors, Plant, Handbag, Home Decor, Rug, Couch, Indoors, Person

• Like 2

Posted
51 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

You do, I thought I’d hidden it well behind the garden room (aka jungle) ….your powers of observation are just way too good 🕵️♂️

…..my excuse (and I’m sticking to it) for the indulgence (and a slightly higher electricity bill, although being Canadian built it is very well insulated so not that bad) is that being a hydro spa it’s for medicinal use… 🤗 

i use that excuse for brandy or gin, or scotch .... 😛 😄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

That wind is BRRRRRRRRRRR cold!! 

• Like 2

Posted

yes, what a chilly walk across Westminster Bridge it was this morning. Wind has been relentless now for nearly a week. my road is like a wind tunnel at the best of times but a chilly northerly straight off the Thames this last week has been making it cooler than normal.

• Like 1

Posted
15 hours ago, AltonMatthew said:

Any model readers amongst us able to tell what the models are forecasting beyond day 10 for norfolk coast. Spoilt last year and fearing a wash out this year 😅😂

Nope, to far ahead. I'd love it if this cold wind would go away by then though.

Posted
2 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

That wind is BRRRRRRRRRRR cold!! 

There's work men opposite, putting scaffolding up, looks like someone's roof is going to have some work done, in full length reflective coats done up with hoods up.