Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Poke my head out if the door for a few seconds, summer is here.

Posted

Very warm already, 21c by 6:30am and 24.4c now. Definitely going to be warmer than MO forecast 

Edited by lottiekent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It's already incredibly warm out there and my hayfever is in full swing. Hopefully we get some decent convective action this weekend but I won't hold my breath.

Posted
30 minutes ago, Lauren said:

It's already incredibly warm out there and my hayfever is in full swing. Hopefully we get some decent convective action this weekend but I won't hold my breath.

No I wouldnt either ...its not good for you unless your under water and I can't see much water coming can you ?..26c in Orpington..anyway only a week odd  away and the nights start drawing in ..:) 

Posted

by far the warmest day of the year so far. currently 29.7c . after  gin clear skies this morning, the cumulo nimbus clouds are starting to bubble up here over the North Downs.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Feeling hot here this afternoon. Cloud is bubbling up overhead but I’ve got a decent view to the south from the bedroom window and we’re right on the edge of it, quite a distinct line where the skies are clear to the south, so I suspect any storms developing will be to the north of us so warning area seems spot on at the moment, 

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, NYCSnow said:

Feeling hot here this afternoon. Cloud is bubbling up overhead but I’ve got a decent view to the south from the bedroom window and we’re right on the edge of it, quite a distinct line where the skies are clear to the south, so I suspect any storms developing will be to the north of us so warning area seems spot on at the moment, 

Every cloud building up is  to my.. I guess ssw ..I'm in Orpington working and I don't know which way is what here not like home but I guess it is .. and I'm sure its much warmer than what was forecast..I'm melting  .. says its 29c

Could contain:

Edited by TN9

Posted

Much to my surprise clouds bubbling up to my South, presumably over the Maidstone Greensands.  They appear to be sliding north-west in a rather straight line, so I guess an upper trough is trundling through. Didn't expect this, and it wasn't on any of the charts. Of course, instability breeds instability, so perhaps the silly silly temperature of ~33degC may not now have to be reached for things to kick off down here.

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted
48 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Every cloud building up is  to my.. I guess ssw ..I'm in Orpington working and I don't know which way is what here not like home but I guess it is .. and I'm sure its much warmer than what was forecast..I'm melting  .. says its 29c

Could contain:

With the windows and doors open, the indoor thermometers, here, are showing 24degC. It's cooler inside than out, and the MetO forecast 22degC for this time. Of note, RH is up to 61% and rising.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Lauren said:

Yep, fexofenedine taken. What is it about the Medway Towns and hayfever? I have to take these stupidly strong anti-histamines to control something that simply doesn't need controlling elsewhere in the country. You have my sympathy. The missus and I recently got over a nasty bout of conjunctivitus, and I pointed out to the missus - this what hayfever feels like without pharmaceutical help.

Edited by VillagePlank
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Some convection here close by in Chessington. 

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 2

Posted

Huge anvils going up. Question is ate we to fat eat to catch it 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Temperatures up by around 10c compared to previous day in Peterborough. A high of 19c yesterday, currently 29c.

Posted

Sky in Dover now 16864096344792758985280860701150.thumb.jpg.d23804da453048ec5d1031e4a31a4e3a.jpg16864097423037531010084459506050.thumb.jpg.bc3314bd0fe52da126014bcb7a42e5f4.jpg first on to my west, second one to my se

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

I'm hoping for some rain and the WRF-NMM is predicting some hefty showers for tomorrow afternoon. 

image.thumb.png.c02bcfd16c5144c1c4b1c0ecfe9bc346.png

I don't know how other models did, but It was spot on for todays showers whilst the Arperge was way off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Did anyone in the SE order some Belgium storms that rarely disappoint for Sunday night into Monday?

convective_overview_20230610_12_037.thumb.jpg.3ea314b47d3fc7040439aba12e5600f7.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

only seen some small cumulus clouds today other then that it's just been clear skies

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
1 minute ago, Atmogenic said:

only seen some small cumulus clouds today other then that it's just been clear skies

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Yeah I spotted them building earlier then they disappeared. 

Posted
2 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Sky in Dover now 16864096344792758985280860701150.thumb.jpg.d23804da453048ec5d1031e4a31a4e3a.jpg16864097423037531010084459506050.thumb.jpg.bc3314bd0fe52da126014bcb7a42e5f4.jpg first on to my west, second one to my se

Well nothing here in Maidstone now all melted away like my ice cream ..cor it was hot.. hotter than what I thought it would be..or I'm just not used to it .. not having a lovely north easterly breeze  five weeks of it ..but with sun out its a  beautiful wind ...better that a muggy southerly 

Edited by TN9

Posted
5 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Well nothing here in Maidstone now all melted away like my ice cream ..cor it was hot.. hotter than what I thought it would be..or I'm just not used to it .. not having a lovely north easterly breeze  five weeks of it ..but with sun out its a  beautiful wind ..

I agree with that, it was a shock to my system not having that horrible wind there, but I've loved every bit of it as long as you're prepared going outside

• Like 1

Posted

Much hotter than forecast here. Have gone from only one 20c so far this year (reached than on 3rd June when it got to 20.3c), back to teens all week then whammo with 30.0c exactly today! Never any easing you into it is there?

Still 26c, going to be a warm night sadly.

Some pics from our walk to the seafront this afternoon

IMG_6808.thumb.jpeg.910a341089fc760637fcf3d80ff69f24.jpeg

IMG_6812.thumb.jpeg.42c4afb5d54254cfae9d818597b94cfb.jpeg

IMG_6816.thumb.jpeg.adc82c45d9073f1eaa8413f307f83ffc.jpeg

IMG_6818.thumb.jpeg.4513e14085bcc6543faa6601fe919c43.jpeg

IMG_6824.thumb.jpeg.d65c3d91fd9f8fe82b83e387356a6b05.jpeg

IMG_6825.thumb.jpeg.83b91af61183eb9965a54abaad775f58.jpeg

IMG_6826.thumb.jpeg.454277a4c8ba71c02682ac8505ce9105.jpeg

IMG_6823.thumb.jpeg.1934853ee3ee2e11a83eb11ae6225f05.jpeg

IMG_6828.thumb.jpeg.294219b687e9ce2be7e210e4cebc54b9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

No significant rain for the east judging by the local 16 day forecast. Looks like our water bill will be astronomical again😕

Posted
1 hour ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

No significant rain for the east judging by the local 16 day forecast. Looks like our water bill will be astronomical again😕

i guess this is the make up we wished for back when it rained non-stop back in march lol

Posted
2 hours ago, TN9 said:

Well nothing here in Maidstone now all melted away like my ice cream ..cor it was hot.. hotter than what I thought it would be..or I'm just not used to it .. not having a lovely north easterly breeze  five weeks of it ..but with sun out its a  beautiful wind ...better that a muggy southerly 

All gone now, but did have little towers for a few hours, they just couldn't grow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Wittering hit 29.5c this afternoon, possibly scraping the magic 30c somewhere nearby. The warmest day of the year by a country mile. It will probably be beaten tomorrow.

Monday looks potentially a shade cooler as the risk of thunderstorms looks higher, before one potentially hot day on Tuesday before some slightly cooler air filters in from the east, though with this will likely be lower humidity and clear skies.

• Like 1