Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
On 31/05/2023 at 08:30, Jimmyh said:

Give me a southerly breeze please this is absolute murder. Played tennis yesterday with LG and she was frozen. Missing hot sunny days with no breeze. We get this crud 9 months of the year 

No 

.sorry we don't...you never see a day of north east/ easterlies in winter  let alone a month ...it will pull north west (high) eventually.. then if a proper southerly moisture ridden air mass encroaches from south for a week your be ..cor could do with that breeze again ..tbh out of wind in sun here its been perfect ..sun is same whatever the weather ..I got burned otherday working out side and walk round corner and ahh cool breeze ..unlike a southerly ..but I miss shower activity for sure 👍 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

I think the beach is calling today, already feels warm, 17c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Return to dross after a brief respite over the weekend. 

We could very well some sort records this year for summer lows, alongside the latest dates for recording a 25c or above. 

Could contain: Baby, Person, Text, Face, Head

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nice and sunny looking outside, don't know if it's chilly or warm yet though, will find out soon 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Looking forward to the warmth this weekend. Not keen on the idea of humidity but hey, if it sparks storms. I'll manage😁

I do remind myself that SW is more likely to see the storms but we live in hope. Nice METO reading too

19 June to 3rd July extract;

Any changes will be slow though, and there will still be plenty of dry and warm, sunny weather between any rain or thunderstorms, with temperatures widely above average, perhaps significantly so.

yes please!

Could contain: Text, Symbol

Could contain: Text

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

It's so disappointing to see 95% of the UK under clear skies whilst day after day here in East Anglia the clag off the North Sea refuses to melt away. (But great for the 95%. Enjoy!! 👍).

The satellite image at 17.40 shows how close my back yard got to seeing some sunshine here in Suffolk. But now at 19.10 the low cloud is already creeping back inland and a grey evening here. My local Met Office weather station (Wattisham) reporting a very disappointing max of 14C today. 🙁

17.40 Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Rainforest, Vegetation, Coast, Peninsula, Shoreline 19.10 Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Plot, Sea, Water, Rainforest, Shoreline, Coast, Map

I'm looking forward to some warmth by the weekend. And maybe even a thundery shower. This evening's GFS showing some potential energy (instability) around by the evening of Saturday 10th. Much better than this boring North Sea rubbish imo!

CAPE10June2320_00.thumb.GIF.584a43dca33b47171fcc50fa72a5122a.GIF

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

North Sea *** incoming!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!
9 hours ago, AltonMatthew said:

Do we think the north sea *** os here to stay??

10th June onwards on the norfolk coast. Fearing its going to be a dull cloudfest.

Once we switch to more southerly winds, we should be good. Its just taking its sweet a** time to get rid of this north easterly!

Current sunshine duration for June 2023-

East not doing so well!

South West remains as sunny as the Med.

Could contain: Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Text

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Well, it's turning out to be another 2021 here in the SE. Alas. I had a feeling this would be the case back in April when it became clear how dominant this cool and dull trend really wal.

What is the latest that London / SE region ever recorded a 25c in the year? Someone posted the stats before but I can't recall. Be interesting to see if we beat that, or come close to it this year. 

Posted

wow! i was so cold walking across Westminster Bridge this morning, was glad i had a jacket on albeit just a light one. could have done with a jumper on too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

For many in the EAST I think they'll be saying one of the worst Springs in Memory :cold-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

For many in the EAST I think they'll be saying one of the worst Springs in Memory :cold-emoji:

Indeed, and we're still using the term 'Spring' because despite it being June, we are still wallowing in low to mid teens temperatures for much of the day, and then maxing at 18/19c tops as the claggy cloud clears in late afternoon. We have better weather in alot of Aprils...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Looked like it was brightening up earlier than yesterday but the cloud has filled back in and looks very stubborn. Decidedly cool and breezy again in that chilly wind. Thank goodness this tedious weather pattern is on its way out. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I’m looking forward to the increase in temps and humidity later this week, should finally feel warm in the shade and stay warmer into the evenings instead of the temperature dropping like a stone at 6pm. Hopefully some thunderstorms to liven it up too (and water the garden) 🤞🏻

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

looks bright and sunny for now but that eastly wind is still there that really needs to f off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 hours ago, SunSean said:

Once we switch to more southerly winds, we should be good. Its just taking its sweet a** time to get rid of this north easterly!

Current sunshine duration for June 2023-

East not doing so well!

South West remains as sunny as the Med.

Could contain: Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone, Text

And with our being sourced from mainland Europe via an easterly wind (as opposed to air being dragged down the entire North Sea from a north-north-easterly origin) any haar, fret or low cloud should burn off more quickly. However, coasts in eastern Scotland and eastern England mightn't fare so well? 🤔

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Looking forward to warmer air approaching from South by the weekend.

Could contain: Astronomy, Outer Space, Outdoors, Planet, Nature

Could contain: Astronomy, Outer Space, Outdoors, Planet, Nature

• Like 1

Posted

Well it's cloudier today, chilly breeze more noticeable, but still feels warm, probably just used to the wind now, been out in a t shirt today, just like the last two days, which were warmer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Met forecast was pretty awful today.Played golf at Rochester and cobham and they had clear skies from 1pm today all through the afternoon and evening.Reality was a few glimpses of sun around 4-30 and rest of day cloudy and about 15 degrees.They were accurate on the bloody strength of the NE wind though🤣!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
14 hours ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Indeed, and we're still using the term 'Spring' because despite it being June, we are still wallowing in low to mid teens temperatures for much of the day, and then maxing at 18/19c tops as the claggy cloud clears in late afternoon. We have better weather in alot of Aprils...

Tbh February was better, plenty of lovely sunshine, I had some lovely walks, removing my hoodie after a mile or so. 

This weather is driving me insane, everything is being stunted by the cold and lack of rainfall. Bring on the humidity, I can't wait. 

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Tbh February was better, plenty of lovely sunshine, I had some lovely walks, removing my hoodie after a mile or so. 

This weather is driving me insane, everything is being stunted by the cold and lack of rainfall. Bring on the humidity, I can't wait. 

That's true, the bottom of my hedge still hasn't recovered from winter, the hedges in east Kent browned this year, top half has recovered, just cut it so it doesn't look off.

Also I still can't send in pictures of flowered peonies yet, while others further west in England have flowered.

Posted
On 05/06/2023 at 07:25, TN9 said:

No 

.sorry we don't...you never see a day of north east/ easterlies in winter  let alone a month ...it will pull north west (high) eventually.. then if a proper southerly moisture ridden air mass encroaches from south for a week your be ..cor could do with that breeze again ..tbh out of wind in sun here its been perfect ..sun is same whatever the weather ..I got burned otherday working out side and walk round corner and ahh cool breeze ..unlike a southerly ..but I miss shower activity for sure 👍 

Sorry mate utterly disagree with you. As rare as Hens teeth in the winter, the Northeasterly wind can do one. I am looking forward to some hot weather. My point was we get rain we get wind 9 months a year. I don't want this cloud encroaching rubbish taking up valuable hot sunny days. Days when you look forward to going crabbing and not sit there and freeze. Cause the sun broke through the cloud but the mental breeze kept it cool. 

I am a cold and storm freak and a heat freak. But I hate endless drab grey skies. Give me a summer like last year yes please. The heat and warmth for me with a few thunderstorms is well overdue 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just followed a gritty lorry, I know it’s chilly for June but wasn’t expecting that ! 

Could contain: Fun, Vacation, Person, Road Trip, Adult, Female, Woman, Truck, Shoe, Jeans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
35 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Just followed a gritty lorry, I know it’s chilly for June but wasn’t expecting that ! 

Could contain: Fun, Vacation, Person, Road Trip, Adult, Female, Woman, Truck, Shoe, Jeans

Luckily i just got my garden ready for the first snow of the summer