Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
45 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Finally! I think everyone who's been shivering under the murk all weekend deserves this wonderful afternoon of warm sunshine. 😎

14.05 Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Plant, Vegetation, Land, Rainforest, Storm, Hurricane

21.8C 15:04 SE18

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Chilly here compared to yesterday, just 12.5c

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
2 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Finally! I think everyone who's been shivering under the murk all weekend deserves this wonderful afternoon of warm sunshine. 😎

14.05 Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Plant, Vegetation, Land, Rainforest, Storm, Hurricane

It's lovely!! Only downside, it brings all the Chavs out of hibernation 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
7 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Imby the cloud broke eventually yesterday to give some sunny spells around 17.00, but overall a poor performance from the hi-res models and the forecasting organisations. I looked at several models in the morning and they were all forecasting the clag pushed back to the coast of Norfolk by early afternoon. It would be interesting to understand the 'technical' reason for the failure to clear.

I'm more optimistic about some warm sunshine today for the simple reason that the wind is backing around from N'ly at 08.00 to NW'ly by 11.00 and to a W'ly by 14.00. That should hopefully ensure the clag is pushed away by early afternoon for most. It may not be completely clear blue sky as high cloud ahead of the cold front moving in from the west shows its hand. But even if sunshine is hazy, at this time of year and without the cold wind off the North Sea, it should feel very pleasant out later.

Change of wind direction:

GFSwind14May08_00.thumb.GIF.3341da1a778fd8f6ffdd96d519478ea2.GIFGFSwind14May11_00.thumb.GIF.36535ca4a55bd2e15e45210a22d010a1.GIFGFSwind14May14_00.thumb.GIF.dbec2be7971027273ecfdde6b1a93f19.GIF

Imby, NE Hants, the sun never really broke through yesterday despite many forecasts originally indicating cloud clearance by midday. And then on to today, originally forecast for sunshine until midday and then cloud cover thereafter - and it has been a gorgeous day. Admittedly there is hazy high level cloud but still I am glad you called out the high res models: I'm not confident enough in my own skills to cast aspersions but I have been mildly confused as to why the forecasts have been so inaccurate at such short range. I always understood that fair weather is easier to forecast locally than snow or storms - is that not the case?

Edited by Mizzle
Typo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
4 hours ago, Freeze said:

Chilly here compared to yesterday, just 12.5c

Oh dear, not good Freeze. Met Office reporting a high of 14C for you today which is very disappointing. Unfortunately I think sea breezes developed for many coastal parts of the Region once the sun broke out and warmed things up inland.

For info here's the Top 6 temps for today, courtesy of Netweather:

21.2°c 17:00 BST Heathrow
20.5°c 15:00 BST Pershore
20.4°c 15:00 BST Charlwood
20.4°c 15:00 BST Northolt
20°c 16:00 BST Fairford Royal Air Force Base
20°c 16:00 BST Bournemouth Airport

Source: https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/daily-top-20/maxt

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.
10 hours ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

You're quite west of me in Aldershot, I'm over in far east London, basically Essex.

The pattern atm is that "west is best" and the cloud is lingering in the East and refusing to budge. 

My friend in West London had sun yesterday afternoon for example whilst my neck of the woods was as grey as a pigeons bottom despite only being 45 mins or so drive away 

We were right on the edge of the clearance yesterday so lucked out, just. Hopefully you saw the sun today, probably been the nicest day of the year so far here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
On 13/05/2023 at 11:34, Freeze said:

Beautiful sunny start here warming up nicely, feels warm in the sun.

Was nice here too, but again that east wind yesterday made it cold, today was much warmer, even though the sun was quite hazy.

Posted
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Was nice here too, but again that east wind yesterday made it cold, today was much warmer, even though the sun was quite hazy.

The opposite here, yesterday was warmer due to the offshore wind whereas today the wind was from the south off the sea so stuck around 12-13c most of the day, and was quite hazy like you say.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Freeze said:

The opposite here, yesterday was warmer due to the offshore wind whereas today the wind was from the south off the sea so stuck around 12-13c most of the day, and was quite hazy like you say.

Key is location I guess, an east wind is on shore here, so is south, but it's a warmer direction and was also weaker, we really got blasted here yesterday.

Posted

Already warmer here now than at any point yesterday at 14c, and sunny.

Posted
3 hours ago, Freeze said:

Already warmer here now than at any point yesterday at 14c, and sunny.

It was here to, but now cloud, that looks like showers trying to form have appeared.

Posted

Can anyone think of a more temperature depressed spring. Cloud cover and a constant near northerly and or easterly. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Are we expecting a heat wave ?

Could contain: Advertisement, Poster, Text

Haven't looked into temps, but we are defo getting some high pressure soon, might still be an easterly down here though, we'll see 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !
11 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Haven't looked into temps, but we are defo getting some high pressure soon, might still be an easterly down here though, we'll see 

Well I assume they know something to put out a how to stay safe it the heat guide 5 hrs ago - I don’t think todays dizzy high of 14 degrees justified it 🤗

…..hopefully everyone can start moaning they are too hot soon  🙄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.
14 hours ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Are we expecting a heat wave ?

Could contain: Advertisement, Poster, Text

Nice to see the Met Office have a sense of humour. I mean, we haven't seen +20 for ages. How will we cope without their sage advice? 😂

• Like 1

Posted

Beach day, 17c and sunny with almost no wind.

Posted
1 hour ago, Freeze said:

Beach day, 17c and sunny with almost no wind.

Could contain: Pebble, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Horizon, Road

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

17c maxing in London today, about 95% cloud cover. Breeze pretty chilly. Pretty poor by my accounts. Feeling more like mid April than mid May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A lovely day here with plenty of sunshine and only a very light breeze. The temp has just reached 16C at 12.45. From the latest satellite image it looks like most of the Region is similar. More please!

12.45  Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Land, Plant, Storm, Hurricane

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well the last two days have been great, lots of walking (without a coat) and even warm enough to be sitting and eating outdoors,  sleeping and feeling much better for it too ! 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Pond, Water, Vegetation, Jungle, Leaf, Land, Rainforest

Could contain: Vegetation, Grass, Outdoors, Nature, Park, Land, Tree, Woodland, Green, Canal

• Like 3

Posted
37 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Well the last two days have been great, lots of walking (without a coat) and even warm enough to be sitting and eating outdoors,  sleeping and feeling much better for it too ! 

Trouble is, is that pollen is now rising and even my prescription strength fexofenadine is not working 😞 

mind you, i only need to pass a UV lamp and i get sun tan. so already looking tanned after a few walks in the sun 😄 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.
1 hour ago, MAF said:

Trouble is, is that pollen is now rising and even my prescription strength fexofenadine is not working 😞 

mind you, i only need to pass a UV lamp and i get sun tan. so already looking tanned after a few walks in the sun 😄 

Try adding a morning steroid nose spray like flixonase. It really knocks back the runny nose and streaming, gritty eyes.

• Like 1