Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

rumbles from a storm just missing me

@lassie23 i got thunder again!

Posted

A good sunny morning was followed by towering clouds amongst more sunshine and blue skies plus some brief showers. As with the last two days, convective activity seems to be skirting us, literally by a mile or so. The birds look busy picking up bits and pieces to make their nests, so I imagine torrential rain isn't on their wish list.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 minutes ago, Dami said:

rumbles from a storm just missing me

@lassie23 i got thunder again!

I had some earlier but with no rain and it was sunny whilst thundering. I was cutting the grass in. it😜

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
Just now, lassie23 said:

I had some earlier but with no rain and it was sunny whilst thundering. I was cutting the grass in. it😜

and you didnt let me know

shocking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
21 minutes ago, Dami said:

and you didnt let me know

shocking

We need status updates back, they are more personal

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

We need status updates back, they are more personal

@Paulsorry for off topic, but what did happen to status updates?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Sunny all day here and reached 16c, saw all the storms to the north of here presumably caused by the seabreeze convergence zone.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dami said:

@Paulsorry for off topic, but what did happen to status updates?  

They're still there, just not on the forum front page. You can write a status update by going to your profile, can @ name people within them to include/ping them and view other people's updates on their profile pages. 

You can also follow all status updates from here:

https://community.netweather.tv/discover/50/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Proper rain at last from about 6pm. Avoided thunder altogether, and apart from two very light brief showers yesterday completely dry since Tuesday morning. Reminds me of summer 2020 when there were storms inland but fine here. However, it has meant that I could do jobs in the garden in the dry.

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

The earlier wannabes certainly did develop and this one gave a decent storm just to the east of Hadleigh at around 12.35:

Could contain: Neighborhood, Nature, Outdoors, Car, Weather, Sky, Road Sign, Flag, Housing, Suburb  Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

See what I mean blessed ..you have a clear cz ..Kent is a bit more complex ..you can see by your radar snap ,you got nice flat ground to your west and north sea to your east ..what could go wrong lol ,here in mid ..north west Kent it honestly doesn't know what to do ,slight difference in upper winds or say mid level make so much difference with cloud height ,I did have  couple of claps of thunder and a few mini hailstones,what really I'm saying even with cz s ..its still a mess with surface on shore winds from three angles ..unpredictable I call it

ps its colder here now than some nights in January

I suppose like a hurricane ..once it sheared its at the mercy of  the low level winds but with a bit of height its its own personality (other than it follows the lower pressure ) goes with the flow as such but like cz in Kent..hit or miss ...unless elavated but even then it could be pushed to over to Netherlands Belgium before its got going ..by a weak cold front lol     🙂

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yuck! Back to a chilly NE'ly off the North Sea and the rain has set in. Currently 10.8C imby but feeling colder in the gusty wind.

09.50 Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Weather Forecast - Patch Rain and Drizzle...

It's chucking it down!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Living in the East has its benefits most of the time as it’s drier and sunnier except when this chilly North Sea gloom kicks in then it’s yuck.

Very grateful though as many have seen a few storms already this year.

Edited by 80sWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, Neilsouth said:

Weather Forecast - Patch Rain and Drizzle...

It's chucking it down!!

It was torrential here too!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yuck! Back to a chilly NE'ly off the North Sea and the rain has set in. Currently 10.8C imby but feeling colder in the gusty wind.

09.50 Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water

Literally just a strip down the eastern side...cannot make it up. 

12c and heavy rain in Essex. Could easily be late November or Early December. Our climate is so trying at times.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Another thoroughly miserable day in this utterly wretched spring 😖. As chilly, gloomy and depressing as a November afternoon and it feels like this has been the default weather most of the last 3 months. Working from home and still having to wear thermal layers and socks with a blanket as I did in January, the total lack of warmth this year means the house is still chilly and our boiler is currently being replaced so can’t even put the heating on! Praying the sun comes out readily tomorrow as often these forecasts of cloud clearing can be ruined by stubborn cloud until late afternoon. A very frustrating period of weather.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
5 hours ago, NYCSnow said:

Another thoroughly miserable day in this utterly wretched spring 😖. As chilly, gloomy and depressing as a November afternoon and it feels like this has been the default weather most of the last 3 months

East and South East has had so much of it... Can't get used to warm weather as give it a few days and it's back to winter again :(

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Just 9c currently here in Cobham N Surrey hoping the cloud will break later but it really is a poor start to the day here ….

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

Even down here on the coast the north easterlies are giving quite the wind chill - I'm looking at 10.2 depressed to 8 by the wind chill. At least a hazy sun is breaking through high cirrus and the proper clag hopefully will stay in the channel. With luck it will be burned off by the sun. I had turned the heating off (it's mid May - I have never had it on this late) but succumbed last night as the indoors temperature fell to 17deg C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A dull and cold start thanks to a slab of low cloud moving down the cold North Sea on the stiff NE'ly. But already some signs of the cloud breaking near the South Coast. Arpege cloud cover animation 07.00 thru to 17.00 suggesting all but the extreme coastline of Norfolk clear by the afternoon.

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Hurricane, Storm  animbmu4.gif

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
18 hours ago, NYCSnow said:

Another thoroughly miserable day in this utterly wretched spring 😖. As chilly, gloomy and depressing as a November afternoon and it feels like this has been the default weather most of the last 3 months. Working from home and still having to wear thermal layers and socks with a blanket as I did in January, the total lack of warmth this year means the house is still chilly and our boiler is currently being replaced so can’t even put the heating on! Praying the sun comes out readily tomorrow as often these forecasts of cloud clearing can be ruined by stubborn cloud until late afternoon. A very frustrating period of weather.

Genuinely, no exaggeration, this year has made me question whether or not I want to (or more accurate will be able to, from a perspective of mental well-being), deal with this country's climate until the end of my days. I'm at the point where I'm seriously considering looking into options for emigration in the near-ish future. 

11c and endless cloud nearly halfway into the year. Nonsense.

It's just so grim, and as someone whose mood and productivity is strongly impacted by the sunshine, Britain is probably one of the worst climates in the world for my wellbeing.

Even Scandinavia surpasses us for sunshine levels and they also get far more interesting winters to boot. 

Sure, we get years like 2022 that make you re-think and go "Hmm, maybe Britain's climate isn't actually *that* bad!?" but they're few and far between and then it's back to reality.

Let's be honest, most years see more or less the same dross for 8/9 months of the year, with temperatures and weather barely different between May and November / December. 10-15c and overcast. You can only really tell the difference due to the daylight hours. 

I enjoy camping and hiking, I like sunsets and sunrises, I like the beach. This...just ain't it, guys.

At my wit's end honestly. Need a long holiday or ticket off this island.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Beautiful sunny start here warming up nicely, feels warm in the sun.

Posted

This is seriously annoying I have my shorts and flip flops on. Its may and it is so chilly. The notherly/notheasteely really isn't our friend at the moment. Hopefully it might break away at some point ever optimistic.