Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storm Eunice - 18th February

Posted

still very windy here. My weather station has just recorded it's strongest gust since I installed it a year ago. It is only about 2.5m off the ground and in a relatively sheltered spot (the only location I have for it) so it's not a spectacular gust but nevertheless it is a record for this station.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.
5 minutes ago, Pat Butcher said:

Sorry mate, London or LBA? I live near LBA and it's a pretty standard Westerly gale right now - yellow warning is about bob on.

But we haven't come near peak winds yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

I understand all are saying it’s a major storm, as it is down south and maybe up north from me too!

all I’m saying is here in Sheffield it’s literally just a tiny bit blowy with rain showers. What’s new there although the  latest forecast has it down for me from 3-6pm ! We shall see 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

The worst I think has gone here, as we are sheltered from westerly and northwesterly directions in Dover, but still some significant gusts cutting through from time to time. 

Posted

It’s pretty bleak and strong winds in Nottingham but nothing too extreme - infact cafes in the city centre had put their outside furniture on the street and it didn’t seem to be blowing away 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Gusts around 70mph here and horizontal rain has turned horizontal snow just now.

• Like 7

Posted
1 minute ago, Steel City Skies said:

Strongest winds of the day so far here. Very squally ?️

Sheffield? Not according to Jacksi?

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

Madness. 990mb down to 975 and back up to 990 in 12 hours!

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

I have to say- many peoples who said this was a life threatening storm? I’d hate for you guys to witness an actual hurricane in America!

There has been nothing so far other than a few trees down/roofs over the 02 down  land a bit of snow? 

I dunno man don’t attack me, I just feel like this isn’t half as bad as expected…. Yet? Maybe?

What has Hurricanes got to do with this!? Totally different to a very deep low which we have at the moment, as we seen on the news and social media, it is dangerous out there with trees toppling over, structural damage and so on. Hurricanes are much much worse but we don't get them in this country so we can only compare this with deep depressions of the past and for the South perhaps this the worse storm for many years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, Freeman said:

I'm also In Peterborough and waiting to see if a sting jet passes through, who knows!

on a twitter spaces Met Office event earlier today apparently Chief Forecaster thinks it is unlikely

Posted
1 minute ago, richie3846 said:

Has the red warning for the south east been dropped now?

It expired at 1500. They automatically disappear off the website once it reaches the end time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Relatively calm here in brum now. Few rogue gusts but that's about it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way
13 minutes ago, DerbyshireDales said:

Does anyone know where the storm is sitting now? As in on the animation of movement of it? 

Here is a useful link for you DD
I have it set to the Icon model , you can change to ECMWF / GFS etc , down in the tool bar bottom right corner 

Drag the timeline at the bottom to the start and hit the play button 

https://www.windy.com/?iconEu,52.437,-3.668,6,i:pressure

Edited by StingJet
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
7 minutes ago, Johnp said:

Sheffield? Not according to Jacksi?

It’s squally don’t let me lie. But 90+mph winds thankful not. It’s very cold and winds are increasing so who knows!?

im not dismissing this storm for whoever it’s worth. This is massive!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Wind still howling here in the SE so don't get complacent people. We went through a bizarre half hour lull at lunchtime and then the winds returned with a vengeance. 

There's a lot of trees down, a huge brick wall at my parents' house collapsed, a huge piece of guttering we acquired from a neighbour (we think!!) and the back doors of our house are still creeking in the gusts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Just went crazy for a few minutes. Some ferocious gusts comparable two Arwen. Don’t know if it was an outflow Boundry or something but it went absolutely insane for a minute. Now calmed down a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
30 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

I have to say- many peoples who said this was a life threatening storm? I’d hate for you guys to witness an actual hurricane in America!

There has been nothing so far other than a few trees down/roofs over the 02 down  land a bit of snow? 

I dunno man don’t attack me, I just feel like this isn’t half as bad as expected…. Yet? Maybe?

Well it's not as fierce as I like.. however life threatening it unfortunately has been, and succeeded.  Glad its not in your back yard.

Posted
24 minutes ago, Pat Butcher said:

Sorry mate, London or LBA? I live near LBA and it's a pretty standard Westerly gale right now - yellow warning is about bob on.

LBA, that's still a strong wind even for this area. 

• Like 2