Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Franklin

The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 hours ago, AWD said:

Lights are flickering away here now.  I wouldn't be surprised to have an imminent power cut.  

Really are some wild gusts funnelling along my street.

Yep had mine flickering for about an hour during the heavy band of rain Infront of the squall, weather really was nuts, about the same as Eunice in Dover, I think, so no surprise places in land, are having something that seems worse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms
3 hours ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Was a fast moving feature. Had about 5 minutes of heavy squally rain with about 50 mph gusts! 
Sheringham and Cromer got the full force apparently with lots of lightning and thunder there! 

Marham reported 70mph gust as it went through

• Thanks 1

Posted

I suppose one of the issues now is the previous few days storms could have weakened trees/infrastructure, which will now be tipped over by yet more wind and rain overnight into tomorrow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@matty40s  

1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

image.thumb.png.091c400a1ccf10391e63d6cc2a39d986.png a few risk zones this one is an area that needs monitoring around 3am charts showing quite deeply sheared environment possibly why ESTOFEX have gone with the level 3, I'm not sure if it will be individual cells or a bigger mass of convection but I definitely wouldn't rule out tornadic formation. animfop3.gif image.thumb.png.2c4ec47d3d4a9840531bcc395a63c9b0.png image.thumb.png.2b705b2ccc3dc26ed34ff00eaa60d3d0.png image.thumb.png.bea09d86cade4e6e8b5ade7761d92b5f.png

This is the main wind zone with 80mph a good bet     image.thumb.png.bd7974ceb7e1d179e0c42047c58ba31a.png

*note that was my forecast focused for Scotland but that higher sheared area will move southwards from Southern Scotland animgir4.gif  animhwg2.gifand the wind zone I'd also include north west England and the Irish Sea image.thumb.png.a7b821c0b65dccd83131d874e57c04aa.pngimage.thumb.png.69a5b4b46e9d95e38730da316f604d33.png

• Like 1

Posted

Is this ever going to end! 

We've been gusting over 50mph all day, up to 70mph at times this evening, and people again getting tree and roof damage locally. Doesn't sound like it's going to let up any time soon!

• Like 3

Posted

Winds really getting strong now and heavy driving rain mixed with sleet, going to be a rough night, I’m located just 2 miles east of Belfast International airport, will be interesting to read their weather figures come morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 hours ago, Mike Poole said:

Recently recorded wind gusts km/h:

1CB3BAA6-3198-4E3B-9004-629CAA38FE60.thumb.png.78ee92dc0674f55a2ad9d3ba7f585687.png

Edit sorry didn't notice it was kph.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Peak of storm now moving into Donegal and will soon be over Northern Ireland. More generally, it will rage away most of the night and just start to improve towards daybreak. Should be all clear by mid-morning in most areas. 

On Irish weather forum they are saying as bad as any storm in recent memory in parts of Connacht and west Ulster. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Constantly gusting around 55-60mph now, very noisy, and lots of breaking and snapping in the background. The worst winds are due in about 5 hours.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

This was Oostende earlier.

METAR EBOS 202050Z 27031G70KT 230V310 2800 SHRA SCT012CB BKN018 03/02 Q0997 BECMG 8000 NSW=

Gusting 70knots!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Wow this is not good.. I just got woke up by a frightening gust. Sounds serious, must be 70mph plus

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Luckily winds have died down overnight so looks like we got away with it.

Posted

There is a flight from Doha who is doing more cycles than a washing machine . Should have landed 33 mins ago .   Tried to land but aborted and now circling over Rochdale /Bolton.  Watching a Tui on a approach from Barbados.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Peak gust 59mph and F6 WNW breeze

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Blowing a hooley down here in Tunbridge Wells.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very bad here all the dales are flooded with villages cut off, The wind is howling into the mid 70s currently. 

• Like 1