Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st May 2022 onwards

Not heard thunder here yet but several reports on my page, generally further south and east. Eckington, for example.

Steady, and very welcome, rain for the past hour or so, with more to come as this cluster of showers barely moves. Some intense radar echoes still popping up, too.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate rain here now, smells lovely..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
4 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

Not heard thunder here yet but several reports on my page, generally further south and east. Eckington, for example.

Steady, and very welcome, rain for the past hour or so, with more to come as this cluster of showers barely moves. Some intense radar echoes still popping up, too.

Yes many areas ( not all of course) have had their first decent rain for a while today including myself..and if we are heading into a protracted dry spell this rain is so important...

3 minutes ago, Derbyshire_snow said:

Nasty looking clouds before we had thunder and lightning.

20220630_172113.jpg

20220630_172352.jpg

20220630_173447.jpg

Yep there was thunder and a flash in Eckington.

Wow...first prize for incredible pics..

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

BOOOOOM!!! to my west.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Just a still screenshot of a fork from a video of the storm earlier if you can just make it out...

401128809_Screenshot_20220630-192511_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.b4909c5706d075ad506362eea708910f.jpg

1 minute ago, BrickFielder said:

Watching the radar with animation on shows some cloud moving east and some north. Looks almost as if there is a surface low crossing the southern part of England. Further north looks like a convergence zone or developing front which looks slow moving apart from spreading northwards.

radar.thumb.png.a88ea66359d2e0ddf6cf9255f4ee2952.png

Maybe it is just my imagination. It could give a hint as to where storms will be later though.

Happy watching.

I thought this too when you run the anim...definate rotation...

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, BrickFielder said:

Watching the radar with animation on shows some cloud moving east and some north. Looks almost as if there is a surface low crossing the southern part of England. Further north looks like a convergence zone or developing front which looks slow moving apart from spreading northwards.

Maybe it is just my imagination. It could give a hint as to where storms will be later though.

Happy watching.

Re the possibility of a surface LOW, I thought similarly when reviewing the radar zoomed into my area in the afternoon. My postcode seemed to be pretty central and dry whilst downpours circled Wiltshire/East Somerset.

35 minutes ago, BrickFielder said:

Happy watching.

I thought that looked a bit rotational. Here's hoping you're right!

Posted
2 hours ago, Row w said:

Caught a good fork on this video sorry I'm useless with editing hopefully I've put up the right video

I'm the same...spend ages with the phone pointing to the sky and usually as soon as you stop..FLASH...except we both got lucky this time...'I'm just like a kid ..silly really but great experiencing this stuff with likeminded pops...when i was younger i used to think it was only me that was mad about storms...and the weather in general but there are a lot of us i think...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
22 minutes ago, minus10 said:

I'm the same...spend ages with the phone pointing to the sky and usually as soon as you stop..FLASH...except we both got lucky this time...'I'm just like a kid ..silly really but great experiencing this stuff with likeminded pops...when i was younger i used to think it was only me that was mad about storms...and the weather in general but there are a lot of us i think...

Yes mate,there are a lot of storm nuts in here and do you know why?,...it's because thunder and lightning is as rare as hens teeth a bit like snow in winter in the MOD thread

meanwhile,...this CZ seems to be moving west a tad up here with the heaviest PPN moving west towards Manchester,...strange movement it has to be said.

Edit,....forgot to add these photos from a little while ago when i heard that one BOOM...

DSC03599.thumb.JPG.785abc5c1ebf123457f69aa6dce0fa86.JPGDSC03601.thumb.JPG.63f2a03378e43cd9f6976da615f20ff3.JPGDSC03602.thumb.JPG.ae0db641e46816d11b9373a737f92fe7.JPG

was from this circled.

Untitled.thumb.png.942826afebc23a710c5a816fa4baf9f1.png

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, minus10 said:

Just a still screenshot of a fork from a video of the storm earlier if you can just make it out...

401128809_Screenshot_20220630-192511_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.b4909c5706d075ad506362eea708910f.jpg

I thought this too when you run the anim...definate rotation...

Sat24 on visible sat shows it clearly, looking east here from W S Mare it’s pretty evil looking, winds blowing very different as we’re earlier on. Seems like something sinister is brewing…

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

Further showers or storms possible tomorrow especially for NNE areas.?⛈

image.thumb.png.37029eb9af18f0bc7029768e4f55b934.pngimage.thumb.png.1d292ac9a78ace863f5eebfa569c8e60.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
2 hours ago, Arnie Pie said:

Looking a bit scary over to our NNW

2541.thumb.JPG.cd9a8e675d689af408493caf6b84d358.JPG

Wow, was at work during the start of all this. Might of saw it closer being NW of you.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Allseasons-si said:

Got any pics Andy?,...just sat under dark grey sky's here with not much visual.

Sorry I should have done, was too busy working.  It eventually caught us a little, tipped it down.  Bone dry at home though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Nice sky on this cam looking west towards the New Forest. 

Should add it's looking towards where I am and it has clouded over here but that's it, looks like a completely dry day for me  

image.thumb.png.fd15a6571012f081074c034eb3de1de0.png

Edited by matt111
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Still bouncing it down here 22.4mm so far.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather

Today we were in the radar Circle of nothingness! We’re on track to not get a storm in the supposed storm month although we do have a fair bit of time to go.