Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2022 Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

Matt Hugo is not holding out much hope for a really good August ala 1975, 1995, 2003.  

Stonker it is, then!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

In the bone dry south east, gardens are becoming like tinder. Grass is dry, brown and straw like:

47E3B281-8434-4E99-8291-4CDEE1EB8B82.thumb.jpeg.0ed02c8a175387503af3bb3baa4e167c.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Level 3 heatwave alert issued for parts of the south from 9am Monday to 9am Friday. The met office are also warning of hot or very hot temperatures from late Friday 15th which will last into the following week

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/?tab=heatHealth&season=normal#?tab=heatHealth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm ripping up an old path and cementing a new one in today. I like this weather as I get a good sweat on, which is a good detox. A shower later makes me feel revitalised! 

• Like 2

Posted

Pretty much perfect summer weather today. Sunny, low humidity, highs of 27°c to 28°c. 

Edited by danm

Posted

Apparently at 13:00 the top temps in the country were 30C in Leconfield and 29.4C in Leconfield Sar. 

Definitely something up with those readings as its cloudy and no amateur stations nearby are above 25C. Im literally 7 miles away and its 22.5C here! Even with an onshore breeze here that's a bit of a difference.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, reef said:

Apparently at 13:00 the top temps in the country were 30C in Leconfield and 29.4C in Leconfield Sar. 

Definitely something up with those readings as its cloudy and no amateur stations nearby are above 25C. Im literally 7 miles away and its 22.5C here! Even with an onshore breeze here that's a bit of a difference.

I thought that was a little odd. Last time I looked that station was at 29c whereas everywhere else around was at 24c/25c. 

Posted
4 hours ago, danm said:

In the bone dry south east, gardens are becoming like tinder. Grass is dry, brown and straw like:

47E3B281-8434-4E99-8291-4CDEE1EB8B82.thumb.jpeg.0ed02c8a175387503af3bb3baa4e167c.jpeg

Yes same here, we've now had a noticeably dry 6 month period and the nearby pools of water are now looking very sorry state. Not quite as severe as July 2018 but they are certainly at their lowest level since that time, even though we've not had that much in the way of hot weather compared to this point in 2018.

Posted

Last couple of days have brought out the thunderflies here which were a nightmare when I used to work outside. 

Their appearance to me always signals the change from ‘nice summer’ (fresh, clear, days getting longer, flowers blooming) to ‘slightly tiresome summer’ (humid, often brown, flowers dying out, wasps). Looks like that’s very much the case this year. 

• Like 1

A very pleasant 24C here with hazy sunshine and a cooling breeze. Looks like the Sun-Tue period of high temperatures will bring the official heatwave classification here, but who cares... it's gorgeous out there whether it is 24C or 28C ❤️ 

Posted

Well, if you're a hot summer lover and live in the south, you will like today's Metoffice 30 day outlook!

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I'm ripping up an old path and cementing a new one in today. I like this weather as I get a good sweat on, which is a good detox. A shower later makes me feel revitalised! 

OMG, are you ok? Sweating is so dangerous!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
5 hours ago, Arctic Hare said:

Interesting for me in the Midlands to see the contrast between those in the SE who are having a really good summer so far (assuming you like it warm and dry) and those in the NW who are having a rather different experience. As you'd expect I guess, here in between the two blocs it's somewhere in the middle. Right now, just on personal opinion and not on hard data, I'd call this a decent but not great summer so far. Too much irritating light rain to be better than that, eg it was overcast, gloomy and spotting about 8:30 am yesterday morning.

Here in Leeds the summer as a whole is fairly average but may dip into warm if we get the second plume next weekend.

With us soon to complete week 6, we have seen three weeks with warm but unremarkable spells and another three weeks of fairly poor weather.

Posted
1 hour ago, 38.7°C said:

The rags are at it already..We have one hot day 28C on Monday before its a "severe" 20C to 25C for the rest of the week

health warning.JPG

Tuesday will be just as hot as Monday in Manchester- certainly going to be warmer than what the BBC are saying at the moment

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

With us soon to complete week 6, we have seen three weeks with warm but unremarkable spells and another three weeks of fairly poor weather.

Must have been a lot worse in Leeds than in Manchester then. June here was above average both in terms of sunshine and temperature and rainfall well below. July has been rather cloudy so far though.

Posted
2 hours ago, Scorcher said:

Must have been a lot worse in Leeds than in Manchester then. June here was above average both in terms of sunshine and temperature and rainfall well below. July has been rather cloudy so far though.

It's been dry but I suspect cloudier than normal in Leeds and I don't think Maxima will be much different from average.

I envisage this summer as a poor man's 05, a good mid June-mid-July period in an otherwise unremarkable summer.

Posted
8 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Matt Hugo is not holding out much hope for a really good August ala 1975, 1995, 2003.  

Backs up my view that mid July is the window of decent summer weather, and that will be it I'm afraid... make the most of it!

Posted

Lots of cloud and wind this summer, which has taken edge off temps and made evenings feel cool. Someone said Beeb/Met slow to catch up with weekend temps, 22c/9c forecast here tomorrow, is that hot? Not going to be very wrong at less than 24 hours. Might get a couple of days 29/30 in mid- July pffft

Edited by ribster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

What a glorious day its been blue skies from the word go, was a few fluffy clouds floating across about mid morning but as soon as that cleared the temps really started to lift, was recording 27c in the car at one point enough to warrant me to get the bbq out. Finally glad the high pressure has now started to establish itself and are feeling the summery benefits of it and looking good for next week too even with the slight cool off mid week it'll make the temps the following weekend feel really summer like when it warms up again, however long it lasts ☀️ 

• Like 3

Posted
42 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

It's been dry but I suspect cloudier than normal in Leeds and I don't think Maxima will be much different from average.

I envisage this summer as a poor man's 05, a good mid June-mid-July period in an otherwise unremarkable summer.

Maxima were more than 1.5C above average and sunshine more than 130% above average in Leeds in June. It also had around 50% of normal rainfall:

2022_6_MaxTemp_Anomaly_1991-2020.gif2022_6_Sunshine_Anomaly_1991-2020.gif2022_6_Rainfall_Anomaly_1991-2020.gif

Here we had the sunniest June since 1976, the 5th warmest in 42 years and 8th driest (47% of normal rainfall). It was an excellent summer month and July looks like following it.

• Like 4

Posted

Locally whats been most noticeable so far with this summer (and indeed spring) is just how dry it has been. In terms of warmth its been nothing too impressive, but due to the decent amounts of sunshine and dryness it has felt warmer than it probably has been.

Compared to what we were enduring down here in the SE this time last year this is near perfection at the moment. Of course June did have a decent hot spell which was more sustained than anything we've seen...upto this point of course!

• Like 1