Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Winter 2022/23 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
7 hours ago, ANYWEATHER said:

95% of our rainfall at least goes out back to sea. Why on earth is there no legislation on building new reservoirs? The idea that the  current infrastructure is enough to support an ever growing and over populated country is absurd.  We have more than enough rainfall every year ,but most of it is wasted. About time something was done, because I like a lot of people are fed up about the water boards whinging about lack of water when we have a few weeks of hot weather ,if we are lucky. 😠😠😠

We won’t get a long dry summer this year.

Summer 23 will be a stinker. Mark my words.

Posted
29 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

We won’t get a long dry summer this year.

Summer 23 will be a stinker. Mark my words.

Shut it! I want another 2022! 21 was horrific.

• Like 3

Posted

Can't get excited about this upcoming snow window. Too much bad luck in the past few years. I must have had 10 occasions this decade where snow was shown within T48 only to see nothing, it's taking its toll on my enthusiasm. Summer now becoming my main excitement, it always delivers 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Can't get excited about this upcoming snow window. Too much bad luck in the past few years. I must have had 10 occasions this decade where snow was shown within T48 only to see nothing, it's taking its toll on my enthusiasm. Summer now becoming my main excitement, it always delivers 🙂

Exactly! I'm just barely paying any attention to it now. A bit of rain Monday morning before the real cold is in and that's it

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Exactly! I'm just barely paying any attention to it now. A bit of rain Monday morning before the real cold is in and that's it

More than likely. At least I'll get to and from my appointment ok though. I'm sure something will turn up, at some point while it's cold.

Lovely models today and great consistency to day 10 and beyond.

Get this northerly topler and the cold rain it brings out of the way and we are certainly in for at least a week (maybe two?) of high pressure and much quieter weather. Should be some good sunshine.

Looking like Feb will see a rinse and repeat with more flooding but thats for another day...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Looking like another poor winter imo. I know there's febuary but the long range forecasts look bang average😏😏

Posted

I think people are missing so ethi g, guess we'll see. I'm not one hundred percent sure day ten is fully sorted yet. I don't just look at opps, and the spread is quite big.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!
8 hours ago, swfc said:

Looking like another poor winter imo. I know there's febuary but the long range forecasts look bang average😏😏

Yep can't see anything significant now cold wise even if over in mod thread they try and concoct it 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm spring, hot summers

I was getting confident of a short snow event on my neck of the woods this week ( well Monday/ Tuesday) but it appears all change. None forecast for here it seems.

🙈😔 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and Snowy Days

Strangely I have the Biathlon World Cup on which is being held in Germany and the commentators talking about the future of winter sports and they mentioned that Oslo has 30 days less of snow than in the previous decades and further north of that 10-17 days. Almost feels like snow is something future generations will reminisce about once seeing. Sad times.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

Winters are just so deprressing these days in UK. Its always been a struggle to get snow, but the relentless rain is too much. It doesn't even feel that cold outside today - cool and breezy for sure, but not cold. Still not seen a flake this winter, hope it changes soon, but not feeling confident. that it will any time soon... 

• Like 1

Posted

Just watched the BBC forecast for the week ahead. Where do I start? Basically saying they haven't got a clue what is happening this week. A masterpiece in weeble-covering! Expect snow somewhere/everywhere/nowhere. Temperatures very cold (6 degrees c) and frosty nights (no Temperatures given). Honestly I despair at the current state of BBC forecasts. 

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, RhHh said:

Just watched the BBC forecast for the week ahead. Where do I start? Basically saying they haven't got a clue what is happening this week. A masterpiece in weeble-covering! Expect snow somewhere/everywhere/nowhere. Temperatures very cold (6 degrees c) and frosty nights (no Temperatures given). Honestly I despair at the current state of BBC forecasts. 

6c is not very cold. That's average. 2-3c is very cold 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

6c is not very cold. That's average. 2-3c is very cold 

That's my thoughts too. Just goes to illustrate the complete dumbing down of the BBC Sunday lunchtime forecast. It used to be the go to and eagerly awaited forecast, now sadly treated as an irritant by the BBC. I'm sure they'd rather put on yet another advert for Waterloo Road. 

• Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, johncam said:

Yep can't see anything significant now cold wise even if over in mod thread they try and concoct it 

One thing that slightly annoys me is that those who whip the forum into a frenzee with multiple posts a day  when a cold spell is over a week ago, posting extremes to see how many likes they get, then as we get into the reliable and it becomes evident its not going to be anything noteworthy....they all go awol!

They will be back when the next snap is on the horizon with tales of how they have been busy digging the garden 😁

Edited by KTtom
  • Like 5

Posted
2 hours ago, Weather of Mass Disruption said:

Winters are just so deprressing these days in UK. Its always been a struggle to get snow, but the relentless rain is too much. It doesn't even feel that cold outside today - cool and breezy for sure, but not cold. Still not seen a flake this winter, hope it changes soon, but not feeling confident. that it will any time soon... 

Cold air isn't fully over us yet, let's see how it feel tomorrow when it's come in.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, KTtom said:

One thing that slightly annoys me is that those who whip the forum into a frenzee with multiple posts a day  when a cold spell is over a week ago, posting extremes to see how many likes they get, then as we get into the reliable and it becomes evident its not going to be anything noteworthy....they all go awol!

They will be back when the next snap is on the horizon with tales of how they have been busy digging the garden 😁

The worst posters are the I told you so lot. It’s very easy to predict the weather in winter just say mild and wet and you’ve got a 95% chance of being correct.

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, saintkip said:

The worst posters are the I told you so lot. It’s very easy to predict the weather in winter just say mild and wet and you’ve got a 95% chance of being correct.

In the Mod thread though too many try and see something in the models that isn't there , we need some realism at times to calm things down,  it's the model thread so if the models are showing mild then it's mild , wishful thinking doesn't change them.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, johncam said:

In the Mod thread though too many try and see something in the models that isn't there , we need some realism at times to calm things down,  it's the model thread so if the models are showing mild then it's mild , wishful thinking doesn't change them.

It’s escapism for many including me, pretty much always ends in disappointment 

Posted
10 minutes ago, saintkip said:

It’s escapism for many including me, pretty much always ends in disappointment 

Yep sad to say in winter especially thats true 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
4 hours ago, SussexSnowman said:

Strangely I have the Biathlon World Cup on which is being held in Germany and the commentators talking about the future of winter sports and they mentioned that Oslo has 30 days less of snow than in the previous decades and further north of that 10-17 days. Almost feels like snow is something future generations will reminisce about once seeing. Sad times.

There was no snow on the mountains being used for the downhill slalom in Switzerland last week (watching Ski Sunday 😜)…they’d had to make a man made slope from the snow that fell in December but the rest of the landscape was completely green. Most bizarre. Commentators said that snow depth on the mountains, when it is there, is reducing by 8cm decade on decade.

• Like 1