Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Morning all.

Sunny, dry, frosty and cold.

What else is there to say.

• Like 5

Posted

A cold winter's morning, frost is now clearing but still only 2.7 degrees. BBC app says it should be 7 degrees here, met office 1 degrees, who to believe.

Quite a bit of high level cloud. Expecting only a slow recovery in temps, a colder day overall ahead than many a recent one, and it looks and feels more like mid winter still.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: seasonal with a leaning to colder winters

-1.9C at dawn this morning, Current reading 3.7 but frost has just hung on on shaded roofs. Pretty stunning day in the marginals and home early enough to see the end of it! Birds emptied all the feeders in a day if you read anything into nature signs!

• Like 6

Posted

Unfortunately we have been plagued by a grey cloud overcoat all day, not one chink of brightness, indeed gloomy, with the fells shrouded. After a cold night, temps have crept up to 5.2 degrees, a cold winter's grey Monday. The same cloud cover will prevent a frost tonight, indeed temps probably will hold where they are now for much of the evening.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Pretty much the same until around 2 when sunshine made an appearance ,pretty frosty start to the day 

• Like 4

Posted
7 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Morning all.

Sunny, dry, frosty and cold.

What else is there to say.

Lovely crisp sunny day… -3c first thing max of 6c… nice long walk in the sunshine ☀️ 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Temperature got down to a minimum of -2.4C this morning and has been a nice bright/sunny day. Temp reached 8.1C this afternoon, but falling steadily now with another frost likely tonight.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

I don't see anything to a raise an eyebrow to in terms of any proper cold. Are they still banging the SSW drum in the mod thread? not been in there for weeks. Only light at the end of the (long) tunnel is the Met Office longer range outlook for late month and into March hinting at a small but "increasing" chance of cold. As long as the pros are seeing something worthwhile I will be interested, after all they have access to more models than us. Wouldn't it be just typical that we get one of the coldest March's ever? 😂 But I'd take it, had many a decent snowfall in March so it's never too late, any snow is better than none no matter when it falls. I only look for warmth as April arrives as realistically that's when we can start to get some temps into the low 20s. With the longer days means you can sit out in the evening with a drink of choice. Can't do that in March and often it's just not warm enough to begin with. Can't stand heat though but each to their own.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
13 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

I don't see anything to a raise an eyebrow to in terms of any proper cold. Are they still banging the SSW drum in the mod thread? not been in there for weeks. Only light at the end of the (long) tunnel is the Met Office longer range outlook for late month and into March hinting at a small but "increasing" chance of cold. As long as the pros are seeing something worthwhile I will be interested, after all they have access to more models than us. Wouldn't it be just typical that we get one of the coldest March's ever? 😂 But I'd take it, had many a decent snowfall in March so it's never too late, any snow is better than none no matter when it falls. I only look for warmth as April arrives as realistically that's when we can start to get some temps into the low 20s. With the longer days means you can sit out in the evening with a drink of choice. Can't do that in March and often it's just not warm enough to begin with. Can't stand heat though but each to their own.

No, me neither. I raised one briefly last week, didn't last long. A real boring spell of weather this, it's the 6th Feb, is Winter over? 😴😴

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: seasonal with a leaning to colder winters

Dunno, if I fancy a cold March Dark Horse! Think I can remember a few shockers when I was in my teens-so early 80's- got caught out in a snowstorm on my bike coming back from an early season trout fishing trip around then-think it was the closest to frost bite I've ever been-crying as the circulation came back!  On the subject of cold spring weather despite recent pleasant springs we've had plum blossom frosts the last three years in the marginals.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

A bit snowy on the Greek island of Rhodes hope it clears for my summer holiday in july😄

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Utility Pole, Winter, Blizzard, Snow, Storm

• Like 8

Posted

Newpaper reports of the 7th February 1906 squall line

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Outdoors, Nature, Map

Similiar to but more potent than 4th February 2013 event which I remember bring hail, thundersnow, squally wind as it passed through

Could contain: Modern Art, Art, Plot, Chart

Runcorn

Could contain: Page, Text, Newspaper

Manchester Guardian

Could contain: Page, Text, NewspaperCould contain: Page, Text, NewspaperCould contain: Page, TextCould contain: Page, TextCould contain: Page, Text

Manchester

Could contain: Page, Text, NewspaperCould contain: Page, Text, NewspaperCould contain: Text, Page, Newspaper    Could contain: Newspaper, Text, PageCould contain: Page, Text

Liverpool

Could contain: Text, Newspaper, PageCould contain: Text, Newspaper, PageCould contain: Text, Newspaper, Page

Heywood

Could contain: Text, Page, Newspaper    

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Another frosty start this morning, a low of -1.4C. Currently -1.2C with a bright, near full moon visible.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
2 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Lovely frosty, sunny start again.  Not going to be sunny for much longer, cloud is approaching.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Plot, Chart, Map

Could contain: Roof, Housing, House, Building, Architecture, Outdoors

The dividing line between sunny and cloudy is right over my house.

Could contain: Building, Architecture, Electrical Device

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Had Worse said:

The dividing line between sunny and cloudy is right over my house.

Could contain: Building, Architecture, Electrical Device

The line of cloud has been visible to my north all day but stayed away, been lovely and sunny, milky skies now though.  Current temp 10.3°C and still feels a bit chilly outside.

• Like 2

Posted

Fingers crossed for another spectacular sunset this evening if the cloud doesn't fill-in too much to the West, i'm remaining hopeful but there's always the likelyhood that the sun will simply drop below the horizon with nothing more than a grey-darkening evening overhead.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Not inspiring dull weather enough said ,lol

• Like 4