Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
57 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Surrprised they haven't adjusted the warnings. We are still in the warning with only forecast winds of 42mph.

It's not just about the storm but also the following showers that will accompanyed by strong convective gusts. I think they have things about right.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way

Battened down here on the Nw Coast of the Isle of Anglesey , winds starting to pick up over the last hour or so, expected peak gusts later this afternoon /  early evening circa 70mph + , shame its not a west to west north west flow, otherwise a day off Speedsailing at West Kirby would have been a go'er.

Edited by StingJet
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

I really am not a fan of those overlapping warnings from the met. It just looks messy and difficult to pick out which warning area you're in.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Winds Slowly picking up here no rain as of yet

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Heavy rain here in fact a thoroughly horrible day ,no wind as yet 

Edited by Scuba steve
  • Like 1

Posted

Not much happening in Derby at the moment, although a few events that were due to take place this evening have been cancelled due to the danger to life weather warnings that have been issued/ spread on social media

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
1 hour ago, Slysi100 said:

The weather isn't too bad down here in South Devon, but there's some lovely cloudscapes...

Could contain:

Similar story in Plymouth, lenticular, asperitas all in the mix, mid level altostratus cloud making up most of that.

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
1 hour ago, Fiona Robertson said:

Every year I ask someone to explain sting jets to me,every year I understand it and every year I then forget and have to start all over again.

Hey Fiona 

I covered the recent sting jet which occurred over the western Isles Skye etc.gem-temp-adv-fgen-850-eu-fh18-36.gifanimagu7.gif

F6e2z-Hr-W8-AIGu-KJ.pngrafales-uk-16.png

Sting jets can be one of the more trickier Meteorological phenomena to spot and Forecast however there have been a couple of easier ones so far in 2023 first with Poly which hit the Netherlands especially back in July 1-storm-1.jpg

I'm not sure if Agnes has managed to achieve a true sting jet such as the 2 events above as you really need the classical scorpions tail look. 😃🫡🤠

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Fiona Robertson said:

Here we go again with my annual confusion. Is that a suggestion of a pretty little sting jet at the end, that band of dark, dry air? Every year I ask someone to explain sting jets to me,every year I understand it and every year I then forget and have to start all over again.

Hahahaha - This sounds like my brain!!

• Like 2

Posted

Sherkin official station in the south west Ireland currently mean wind speed of 81km/hr which is mean of 50 mph. Now that is something and falls into the Red warning criteria. This is on the coast mind you. 

Now see a mean of 83km Hr outside Cork,  Roches Point. Center of storm approaching Kerry, reporting 977 mb there.

Edited by Downburst
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
On 26/09/2023 at 13:49, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

RI process will get underway by 6am Tuesday 

gem-ememb-lowlocs-atl-6.png

Min pressure likely a short distance from the Southwest Irish Coast in the 970s hpa

gem-mslp-pcpn-frzn-eu-7-1.pnggem-ememb-lowlocs-eu-10.png

with a slight increase as the cyclone comes onshore. Central pressure over Ireland in the mid - higher 980hpas gem-ememb-lowlocs-eu-12.png

gem-ememb-lowlocs-eu-fh36-90.gif

Severe Rain impacts will really ramp up from 00z Wednesday through the entire day on Wednesday. I see that zone from Castletown Bearhaven across Cork further northwards into Cashel possible flooding risk extending into Dublin

animjop2.gifgem-apcpn-eu-fh36-114.gif 

nmmuk-25-69-0.png Further flooding through Southwest West and Northwestern Scotland 

Similar to hurricanes the Northeast quadrant will see an increasing noteable tornado risk with SRH through the roof which moves through Scotland and chances a second band forming across the pennine routes 

ezgif-2-f5f952e798.gifanimmfp5.gif

With the pressure actually increasing upon reaching Ireland i expect this could slightly decrease any wind impact severity. I think the extremes will be in a narrowing swathe within the Irish Sea with greatest threat to land from these speeds being the same areas of highest rain amounts running across the south Irish Coast and far Northwest Wales

nmm-52-81-0.pngnmmuk-52-72-0-1.png

This shown here perfect running the Southern > Southeast zone of the cyclone817b3d69-b58b-4e3b-9958-a0d50eede618.gif

pression2-uk-08.png 

Looks like the pressure bottomed out at 973hpa in the area I mentioned. 

From the current time is where concerns will increase as the SRH begins to intensify and the cells are beginning to take a supercellular appearance on radar 

image.thumb.png.7422e7361318ac5768fe45eceb4399cb.png

As mentioned it is the exact same principle pression2-uk.png

WWW.ACTIONNEWS5.COM

All sides of a hurricane can be dangerous but the right side tends to be the most dangerous and the strongest

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave
3 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

pression2-uk-08.png 

Looks like the pressure bottomed out at 973hpa in the area I mentioned. 

From the current time is where concerns will increase as the SRH begins to intensify and the cells are beginning to take a supercellular appearance on radar 

image.thumb.png.7422e7361318ac5768fe45eceb4399cb.png

As mentioned it is the exact same principle pression2-uk.png

WWW.ACTIONNEWS5.COM

All sides of a hurricane can be dangerous but the right side tends to be the most dangerous and the strongest

Literally came on this forum to have a look for comments because of the shape of those cells on radar. Scary looking!

Posted

No, it's not named after Mrs Brown, but a more consequential Irishwoman.

Actually, I had no idea the storm names were anything other than randomly chosen.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather
1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Hey Fiona 

I covered the recent sting jet which occurred over the western Isles Skye etc.gem-temp-adv-fgen-850-eu-fh18-36.gifanimagu7.gif

F6e2z-Hr-W8-AIGu-KJ.pngrafales-uk-16.png

Sting jets can be one of the more trickier Meteorological phenomena to spot and Forecast however there have been a couple of easier ones so far in 2023 first with Poly which hit the Netherlands especially back in July 1-storm-1.jpg

I'm not sure if Agnes has managed to achieve a true sting jet such as the 2 events above as you really need the classical scorpions tail look. 😃🫡🤠

Helps if you use IR sat imaging shows moisture patterns better

• Like 1

Posted

And spare a thought for the passengers on this flight from La Rochelle to Cork, diverting to Birmingham. 

Not often that planes can't land at both there original and 1st alternate destination. 

Could contain:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
3 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

It's not just about the storm but also the following showers that will accompanyed by strong convective gusts. I think they have things about right.

The only warning we have is for wind which isn't necessary this far south. Rain isn't a factor here.  The funny thing it's looking like it's going to be the quietest day of the week here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm sunny days , gales in Autumn , frost in Winter .

It's blustery here and a local shower . Bits of trees are on the ground as in smaller branches and it's not been  that windy here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
9 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

Just had some weird looking clouds here too

Could contain:

Just passing through here in the last hour as well, now brightening up.  Yours looks more like virga, when rain doesn't reach the ground. 

Breezy gusts here, but nothing noteworthy, expecting the peak of winds from now until midnight then calming down. 

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 1