Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
1 hour ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

Another huge January failure.

Yep, turned into another sh*t show!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
4 hours ago, WYorksWeather said:

And is continuing to change, of course. Can't be that long before we see 20C in January.

Totally agree, I'd say within a decade. 40c as an annual max seemed miles off not so long ago yet I recorded that here just 2 years ago. It's changing fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

The best part of winter is when it finishes. 

Absolutely vile outlook. Cold, no snow, next weekend's return to atlantic muck probably set in stone already. Straight from freezing horrid weather to more windy dross and drizzle, no respite of 'usable' conditions for cycling meaning more being confined to being stuck indoors while missing out on anything interesting as usual.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, James1979 said:

Totally agree, I'd say within a decade. 40c as an annual max seemed miles off not so long ago yet I recorded that here just 2 years ago. It's changing fast.

If it's changing that fast why almost all high temperature records per month are from 60+ years ago? 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Am I the only person who is enjoying this current coldish spell? 

I agree that it would be more interesting if there was snow, but cold and sunny is the next best thing in winter if we can't get snow. I am also thankful that it is dry for a change after weeks of gloom which dominated throughout last month.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh
1 minute ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I agree that it would be more interesting if there was snow, but cold and sunny is the next best thing in winter if we can't get snow. I am also thankful that it is dry for a change after weeks of gloom which dominated throughout last month.

It was supposed to be cold today but it's been very nondescript. Cooler, but very far from freezing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
12 minutes ago, Empire Of Snow said:

If it's changing that fast why almost all high temperature records per month are from 60+ years ago? 

7 out of 12 months have recorded their highest temperature in the UK this century. March and April have also gotten very close to their records in 2021 and 2018 respectively. September with 2016 and 2023 as well close to record.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Metwatch said:

7 out of 12 months have recorded their highest temperature in the UK this century. March and April have also gotten very close to their records in 2021 and 2018 respectively. September with 2016 and 2023 as well close to record.

If I remember well, a couple of them are identical records and again someone can say the same as you did: The new records are also very close to temps recorded in 1949, 1968, 1906 or whatever. 

That said, we can't deny the periodical nature of "extreme" temperatures. It seems there's a one-sided way of looking at all this and different opinions/voices are right away treated as wrong. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
35 minutes ago, raz.org.rain said:

It was supposed to be cold today but it's been very nondescript. Cooler, but very far from freezing.

Where you are maybe! Imby-ism at it's finest 😉😂

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
59 minutes ago, raz.org.rain said:

Our cold isn't even cold, there is no hope lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, joggs said:

Yes,could develop into a nasty little storm that. Poor charts for cold all the way through from all models. Can't we just nuke them Iberian heights🤬🤬🤬🤬

Next week, is typical UK weather in January. This week is not. 

All the hype over an extended cold spell was misplaced. Unfortunately once the South Westerlies set in,it will be 2-4wks before we could see anything cold, and that's not guaranteed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Empire Of Snow said:

If I remember well, a couple of them are identical records and again someone can say the same as you did: The new records are also very close to temps recorded in 1949, 1968, 1906 or whatever. 

That said, we can't deny the periodical nature of "extreme" temperatures. It seems there's a one-sided way of looking at all this and different opinions/voices are right away treated as wrong. 

Don't be ridiculous.

Global warming is a fact. There are no "opinions" here  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

The longest chase in Netweather history ends in typical fashion.  It''s very likely that the January CET comes in above average.  We hope that February delivers, but the EC46 is moving away from sustained wintry weather.

Edited by mulzy

Posted

Are people really going on the chase again. Best bet wait till spring, that's when we normally see perfect northern blocking and Southerly tracking lows that don't miss the UK! 

• Like 3

Posted

Hey guys just wait for spring and your get the perfect northern blocking appear that won't just melt away like this week. 

Winter in this country is just Woeful now, mainly just constant wind and rain crud off the Atlantic. 

The warming trend since the late 80s in NW Europe is just ridiculous 🤮🤮

• Thanks 1

Posted

I don’t often have a proper moan but where are the teleconnection posters who were adamant 2010 was upon us? I’d have more respect if they said “well it didn’t pan out” rather than disappear and reappear when charts show dream Synoptics again and say “it’s all going as planned”

Soon we’ll be hearing 

“January was never the main period of focus anyway it’s always been February”    Just as we saw last half of December. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
7 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

No, I'm enjoying it too...primarily because it is bringing drier and sunnier conditions than we had for the prior 4/5 weeks.

Yes, some snow would be more interesting but quite frankly it's nice not for it not to be dark, drizzling and 13c every day lol.

Not quite sure why so many people seem to be so upset about it? It's a solid spell of below average cold for over a week! We often don't even get that these days in a winter month, so...

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and Snowy Days
3 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

No, I'm enjoying it too...primarily because it is bringing drier and sunnier conditions than we had for the prior 4/5 weeks.

Yes, some snow would be more interesting but quite frankly it's nice not for it not to be dark, drizzling and 13c every day lol.

Not quite sure why so many people seem to be so upset about it? It's a solid spell of below average cold for over a week! We often don't even get that these days in a winter month, so...

I agree. I've enjoyed the dry conditions and more so this week will enjoy the cold sunny days. Some snow would've been most welcome, but I imagine there will be some chances for that again in February.

• Like 3

Posted
7 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

No, you're not. Cold, dry and sunny much of the time is great after a pretty poor autumn/early winter where we received seemingly endless rain.

This included  two weeks in that period where the rainfall totals for EACH week was around 200mm.

I'm one of the lucky ones getting snow tomorrow but what happens afterwards concerns me. There's a chance of some rain or sleet after the snow tomorrow  followed by a very hard frost the next couple of days. That is probably going to turn the pavements and roads into very hard frozen slush. Last week one neighbour ended up in A&E after a slip and another neighbour ended up getting surgery and some fancy metalwork inserted into a broken leg AND broken wrist after a slip on their door step.

I love proper snow but frozen slush and having to wear YakTrax or Kahtoola spikes to get outside I can do without.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I said the same a while ago.  Looking forward to doing morning dog walkies in the local woods in DRY, frosty and cold conditions.  So much better than drizzle, wind & rain all the time.

• Like 5

Posted

As the poster above said - I guarantee you we will see perfect conditions for snow/cold weather in March/April. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Sun
7 minutes ago, AWD said:

I said the same a while ago.  Looking forward to doing morning dog walkies in the local woods in DRY, frosty and cold conditions.  So much better than drizzle, wind & rain all the time.

Same here. Cold and dry is good. Long may it last, well until Saturday anyway. Doom and gloom in the mad house this morning. Enjoy the calm while it lasts. Looks a tad stormy the weekend for down this way.

• Like 2

Posted

A truly dismal outlook. What’s new with British ‘winters’

Edited by tom_f123