Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

No one knows what summer will be like. The forecasters did not get it right about January IN January. I bet both spring and summer will be lovely. There, I have said it 🙂 🙂

@TwisterGirl81 If they do have so much money to waste then they could fly somewhere where there's snow and spend a month there, like my friend who hates winter and is spending two months (Jan Feb) in Tenerife.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

@carinthian crazy how that sort of deep blue sky exists in Spain in Jan. We don't get that sort of blue skies outside of May to July. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Weather forecast here next 10 days…..

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz….. 🥱

CBDD5B99-D197-40CF-97B7-10E81A92C0ED.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I mean, I'd even take a repeat of winter 2019/20 if we could then have a repeat of the record-breaking sunshine of spring 2020... but without everywhere being closed!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

@CLReeve who said your preferences are wrong lol? Pretty sure the other poster just said that they'd personally prefer a cold spell not to land.

Same as, judging from your posts anyway, I'd imagine you wouldn't want a really hot spell to land in summer? 

I'm quite happy with a hot spell so does our different preferences in that regard mean we should both leave the forum? 🤔 

We aren't all going to want or like the same things.... that's the very nature of the forum. As long as there is no snide commentary about others' preferences, it's all good in my books!

• Thanks 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

At least a year ago I had this 😢

Screenshot_20240125_084733_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

@cheese Yes you're actually right in terms of high-summer. Especially during the big heatwaves i've experienced in London...the sky is definitely very milky. 

Early summer can bring those deep blue skies though, which I love. I was in Cornwall for 10 days last June during the warm and dry spell and every day had skies like that - stunning! Lack of pollution probably helps too I'd imagine haha.

Posted

@Arctic Hare Biggest cruel irony about that Spring (and summer, in my area, which was actually pretty decent overall!) - it was the one Spring I've experienced that was actually genuinely warm, sunny and dry consistently, and we were all house-bound! 😣 

I'm lucky I have a garden, but alot of folks didn't even have that...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
1 hour ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Biggest cruel irony about that Spring (and summer, in my area, which was actually pretty decent overall!) - it was the one Spring I've experienced that was actually genuinely warm, sunny and dry consistently, and we were all house-bound! 😣 

I'm lucky I have a garden, but alot of folks didn't even have that...

Yeah, it was incredibly frustrating. Likewise I have a garden and I also have a pleasant country lane nearby that I could take my exercise walks along. But it still wasn't any substitute for being able to travel to all the places I'd usually want to go in such a glorious spring. Probably my absolute favourite weather, since it's warm but also fresh. And we couldn't make the most of it.

Posted

@In Absence of True Seasons I really enjoyed that Spring. Spent many days sat in the garden and went for walks. If I was in a tower block in a city I probably wouldn’t have enjoyed it though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summer days with calm seas to swim in, cold frosty snowy winters

I don't normally moan but I'm feeling very sad this evening having had one of our bunnies die on route to the vet today.

I want to say, the model thread is forever stuck in the "hunt for cold" or "hunt for hot". It's a fluffing model thread for interpretation of the weather we can expect and yet so few are actually participating in attempting a forecast or interpretation and when they do they get shot by the "no you're wrong" brigade.  Yesterday a pro-forecaster put together a really "insightful" post only for others (mostly amateurs) to say ohhh you're wrong because they didn't like the conclusion of the interpretation!

Surely we should be learning from those who have the skill and expertise and experience in meteorology! 

Sorry rant over from a soggy damp foggy Isle of Man 

Edited by RabbitEars
Spelling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted

@RabbitEars your 100% right with the no your wrong brigade. You just get hunted out of it. Its a pity and means incessant ramping prevails and moaning is immediately moved in here..

• Like 1

Posted

A very mild January night here. Mild, damp, breezy and 11°C at midnight. Around this time last week it got down to around -7 one night!

• Like 1

Posted

Another snowless January around these parts, there has been only one January since 2013 that has been half decent and that's 2021. The amount of snowless Januaries now is getting beyond a joke and is actually appalling.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Possibly feeling springlike on Sunday with high of 11°C and sunny spells forecast. Feel like that’s it for wintery  weather now. Only a month and six days to go until the start of meteorological spring anyway. Hoping for a mild, dry and sunny February this year.

77B64666-A332-47DF-8DBC-FC5F9A2E9383.png

84394372-3D1E-4D82-A4BA-4A480771AD7B.png

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2

Posted

Looks like we'll get to mid Feb without anything too cold, don't mind it after that anyway, doesn't seem as bad somehow.  

• Thanks 1

Posted

It is good to see the quality of the posts in the chasing cold thread is rising exponentially as noted with a recent offering of "corker inbound" 😉

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1