Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Beautiful sunny morning, not a cloud in the sky. Bring on the Spring warmth. This sorry excuse for a Winter is pretty much over now, nothing cold and snowy is showing for the next 2 weeks. After that we are in to March, and unless we get a BFTE type set up, I do not want a continuation of cold as we get into meteorological Spring. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

OH ... MY ... GOODNESS ... ME!!!! A Cloudless sky! I honestly haven't seen this since like October! Without a lie!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Spring continues its unrelenting march (pardon the pun) into February. UK winters are getting eaten at both ends of the season. Spring eating into Feb and autumn eating up Dec and Jan

The CET must be sky high for this month so far

I dread a cold spring which can happen with a stupidly mild winter. Hoping for warm patterns between now and mid October now. I especially hate cold Aprils and Mays. Fortunately we haven't had too many down the last 20 or so years but it's still possible

JoeShmoe As I say, I just hope we don't pay for it being lovely now with a cold, dreary spring

Edited by LRD
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Jesus Christ 

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

New weather charts have revealed that several areas across the UK will be hit with an Arctic blast which will travel all the way from Greenland as temperatures are set to plunge

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and Sunny. I hate being cold.

A lovely bright sunny day today with lots of blue sky today down here in Devon. Fabulous hint of oncoming Spring

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Actually got some patches of blue sky between the clouds today. Not feeling particularly springlike though as it’s only 7.3C (which is the average February high around here). Humidity is quite low at 66%.

It won’t last though unfortunately at it’s back to the thick cloud and rain tommorow (and for the rest of the week). But at least it will be mild… 🙄

4A36506D-EE97-4409-B892-3149A4E69194.jpeg

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted

Not a bad day here in Leeds but with rain forecast everyday now for the rest of the week its back to square one. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Smashing day here, managed to get two loads of washing done out on the line and dried, felt very pleasant in the sunshine too.

Lucky for the mild crew tho the mild, damp, grey weather is back from tomorrow 🙄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

lassie23 it'll get downgraded to rain if it happens 😂 Got to give the MetOffice some credit for their approach to these nonsense headlines, they shut them down pretty swiftly.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Been a nice couple of days here. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Imagine if we get a 'desert like' year somehow; a Spring 2011, summer 1995 and autumn 1978 combined! Even a spring and summer like that but a fairly average to slightly wetter autumn would be enough!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

mild crew will love heavy rain and gales, eh, snooker champion namesake and fallout game

I prefer it mild and dry/sunny, if not sunny, then I'll settle for cloudy

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Those beautiful skies from yesterday have been replaced with that all too familiar ugly greyness. 

What's the point in having 14/15 degrees if it's gonna be overcast. What a waste!

Hoping to get another day like the one in Mondays picture, sooner rather than later.

20240212_140931.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Thought we may have a decent cold  and snowy spell mid month onwards but please not a northerly - anything but that for down here.

Roll on spring

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

The rare time Scotland has it better than England, courtesy of that southerly tracking jetstream. Grim down here this morning, yesterday feels quite far away.

anim_vis_uk.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Metwatch Scotland often fares better than much of England in mid-late Spring and even early summer. 

Often seen the case where it's sunny/clear and warm in NW Scotland whilst England wallows in 100% cloud and a constant drizzle.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.

GFS gives coldies some hope. Turns colder later next week and gives showers more than bands of rain. Think most here would take that - at least there would be some sunshine inland and convection would be possible as we head towards early march. 

Edited by CoventryWeather