Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
Posted (edited)

Don't wish to be banned but my god these jokers make me angry. Basically they get it wrong every time then do a post mortem that's just as insulting as their botched forecast.

image.thumb.png.c0a1a91c9f941ee1128050d20516cdf3.png

Edited by SunnyG
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

raz.org.rain I feel like sunspots would have been more useful in a world where we weren't facing AGW, but any effect they have easily gets overridden. If I put a droplet of water into a giant bowl of flour I'm not going to make dough.

Posted

Typically after a rather murky day, the skies are now clear!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
Posted (edited)

StingJet it means don't discard your winter clothes 'cast a clout'  until the Hawthorn hedge flowers, ('May'flower) Nothing to do with the month of May. Clout is old English for Cloth.

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Quite a monotonous day weather wise. This neck of the woods missed out on the rain, but it has been dull all day. Would have been nice to have some sun. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

A lot of doom and gloom on here, here’s the ECM next week to cheer you up:

image.thumb.png.d65e9fe6c1598a85e0ddd77fff6b652f.png

image.thumb.png.db52aa773bd9bc7cd61d82c2eafd6cbf.png

…and the UKMO

image.thumb.png.4f14d619c95f249b9fed8db0c7b3275e.png
image.thumb.png.f7e6fe8e4572d1e49af96380af64f865.png

• Like 1

Posted
Posted (edited)

danm hope this mornings GFS run is a big outlier as it builds a flimsy high next with poor surface conditions and drizzle and cloud remaining in places into Wednesday/Thursday before collapsing a few days later. GEM is much better but I ain’t on onboard until the GFS Ops run stops producing these much poorer outputs.

Am hoping we with a bit of luck we might get to our early May average temperature of 17-18C by sometime during the middle or later part next week as it’s ain’t happening any time sooner. 

Edited by Alderc 2.0
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Alderc 2.0 Yes, and moreover, are we going to actually get any solidly *above* average temps days for May anytime soon?

Seems all too easy to get below average days, doesn't it. Yet no doubt come June, the Met Office report will show the stats as "above average temps". Yes. 14c day max and 13c nighttime minimum will do that, lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Alderc 2.0 To be fair, last ECM I saw showed that low pressure was increasingly breaking down high pressure by about the 12th and this is the third GFS run in a row to break down the high around that time. I’m not convinced we’re into a sustained dry spell or anything but it could at least be a first bite of the cherry type affair. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
Posted (edited)

I'd try to mentally prepare myself for the weather today as I knew it was going to be bad but...f me. Horrific.

Nice to see the only decent day (tomorrow) of the BH now downgraded also.

At wits end.

PXL_20240503_063136021.MP.jpg

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

I always find it a massive shame when you get days in May, June & July with zero sunshine. It's so unseasonal & just doesn't look correct. I do wish our rubbish climate had far, FAR more sunshine because the past couple of years have been extremely testing. I think the entire country would be a lot more happier & optimistic if sunshine levels were about 50% more than average, not including temperatures, rainfall etc, just more sun PLEASE.

In Winter, what would look & feel better? A gorgeous deep blue sky on an icy morning but with the warmth of the sun hitting your skin, just enough to still be able to sit outside with a morning cuppa or walk around with your significant other at a fayre or market, soaking up the festive vibes or- Mild, exceptionally dark & wet conditions that make venturing outside completely unpleasant.

In Autumn, a misty start that evaporates into a lovely pleasant & mild day with beautiful blue skies giving the perfect backdrop to the yellows & reds of falling leaves, or- Mild, grey & wet drizzle reminding you of the many months of dark, gloomy weather to get through just to have a 50-50 shot at a nice Spring & the sight of another blue sky.

In Spring, a crisp morning with a nip in the air, getting warmer & warmer in the strengthening sun with beautiful blue skies as you watch leaves & trees begin to bloom, listen to the chorus of bird songs, relaxing your mind & soul with the excitement of the months to come, or- The melancholic sounds of birds fleeting in the backdrop of a dark, overcast & miserable day, completely indistinguishable from the darkest days of Winter.

In Summer, the glorious blue sky & beautiful warm temperatures give a joyous vibe & energy to everyone around you as people are laughing & playing on the beach, people are enjoying a pint in the pub gardens & the kids are walking around with ice cream while the adults have their seafront fish & chips, or- Overcast all day as people sit inside a pub, with no difference to a day in January & the streets are almost empty with not an ice cream van in sight, nor a single soul on the beach & an eerie silence resonates around you.

The SUN is the life giver, it gives us energy, positivity, happiness, peace & without it, the world just feels like a dark, soul-less place with indistinguishable seasons and lacking that bright warm hug that sometimes, we all need!

I'm a simple man, if I could have ONE wish, it would be for at least 50% more sunshine than we currently get. Watch how people would suddenly become a lot more positive & happy in life.

So please, our yellow friend in the sky, come say hello to us in the UK more often, we miss you like crazy!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Posted

SunSean Most of my sentiments already covered here, but I'll add - imo, one of the main reasons why the UK socio-culturally and politically seems so depressive and stifling, is the lack of sun.

I've been to plenty of places that are objectively poor, and where the average person has far less than we do materially, but they just on the whole week far more carefree, upbeat and positive. My time in Rio De Janeiro was a turning point for thoughts about this. Just such a vibrant people, energised is the word.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

Completely cloudless here. Beautiful morning. The breakdown of a fine few days begins when it’s supposed to cloud over mid/late afternoon. Then it’s a dodgy few days before this increasingly dubious high pressure next week. Hopefully it will strengthen somewhat rather than weaken.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Another cloudy, wet day here today.  It just feels never ending.

I know there’s an increasing chance of improvements and some fine days next week but that doesn’t change the fact it’s still grey, wet & depressing out the window now.  It also doesn’t change the fact I yet again, have to find ways of entertaining & exercising the kids & dog in showery, damp conditions through the BH weekend.

I really really hope next week turns into a lengthy period of warm, sunny weather & doesn’t get cut short or downgraded to a few days like previous promises have.

Really need a break from the colour grey!

• Like 2

Posted

Northwest NI enjoy it. Sorely wish I could say the same as today and the next few days are going to ruin mt BH plans. 

Same as last year, and pretty much every year though I suppose. 

Going to have a look at how difficult it is to emigrate to Australia in my lunch break today.

• Thanks 1

Posted

AWD Issue is, next week's HP is still numerous days away. Could easily dissipate by then, as it often does.

That's not me being pessimistic either, its just the reality of the last 12+months. Virtually every single spell of dry, sunny, warm and settled weather magically gets smacked by a low at the last moment.

• Like 2

Posted

I had hoped the front would have been modelled correctly last night but it seems to be about 50 miles further South. Grim wet day incoming rather than turning better by mid morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

I feel like I'm stuck in a time warp.  It looks like November outside and feels like November apart from the flour and fauna. So on that note it must be Christmas in a few weeks time ,So happy Christmas, and a happy bright ,sunny new year.....😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

SunSean Even normal British sunshine levels would cheer everyone up compared to the absolute rubbish we have had for months.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
8 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Issue is, next week's HP is still numerous days away. Could easily dissipate by then, as it often does.

I think it’ll happen personally and we will get a drier and brighter working week, I’m just unconvinced it has any longevity to it and is a precursor to a proper pattern change.

Beggars can’t be choosers though and I’ll take whatever fine weather is on offer, just speaking as someone with kids, it’s a shame it couldn’t come over the BH weekend.  Still, I’m going to attempt a day trip to Weymouth on Sunday anyway, regardless of weather.  Got to get out the house at some point.

• Like 3

Posted

LetItSnow!  For about the 7th ot 8th Ops run on the bounce the Ops run from GFS more rapidly breakdown high pressure than most of its ensembles.

IMG_7099.thumb.jpeg.1d7ca6f9f51612e25f3e41fc281c26ab.jpeg

ECM again builds a weak high it just about fights of any frontal activity but would be mostly cloudy. Only GEM hanging on in there, if that came off we would be looking 25C plus through next weekend. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

hope this mornings GFS run is a big outlier as it builds a flimsy high next with poor surface conditions and drizzle and cloud remaining in places into Wednesday/Thursday before collapsing a few days later.

Sounds about right to me. We know this is exactly what will happen, don't we?

• Like 2