Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model banter and emotions

Posted

I'd take a transient snow event Thursday and worry about yh rest at a later date. That'd be four days snow we've had since begining of jan.Three days of it lying.anything from here on in is a bonus in my eyes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

Nothings even happened yet can y’all calm down it’s only weather 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall

Being on the south coast and never really being the loop for this long drawn out will it won't it where will it snow saga or whatever you want to call it. I'm really more interested in how the blocking builds afterwards into the second half of February.

Greeny. Griceland or Scandi. I don't mind.

• Like 1

Posted

Chesil View pretty much becoming very clear that if you want to see snow in your backyard in the UK then you need to go to Wales with altitude or Highland Scotland. East is rubbish for snow now, climate change has seen to that. Easterlies now don't exist here. And with Eastern areas becoming drier you're even less likely to see any real weather. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Chasbrown the east is becoming weatherless, needs a site tailored for its climate, how about netweatherless.com

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

in other news, my weather app has just had a nervous breakdown

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
18 minutes ago, Chasbrown said:

pretty much becoming very clear that if you want to see snow in your backyard in the UK then you need to go to Wales with altitude or Highland Scotland. East is rubbish for snow now, climate change has seen to that. Easterlies now don't exist here. And with Eastern areas becoming drier you're even less likely to see any real weather. 

Unfounded post ,here. If you care to look at history, you will see periods of time when snow didn't fall much in your back garden. Secondly, Eastern areas have not got drier, take a look at the data...😲.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

This winter is just slipping away unfortunately, another chance gone begging. No doubt we’ll finally hit the jackpot once March arrives!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos
Just now, NewEra21 said:

hit the jackpot once March arrives

And as we well know nowt wrong with that 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Wow well since this morning there have been about 10 pages of reading and I was thinking there must be a beast coming or a long fetch cross polar northerly but no it’s another garden path job and we are looking for some wedges here and there to salvage a cold weekend. Stroll on spring I’m missing my Golf and cycling and the ecm 216 looks like some warm air wafting up from Spain let’s have it if we can’t have snow and ice. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Tim Bland Snow to rain, slush fest for many. I'm sure many would be hoping for more. I can see why the warning is out though, as a few hours of heavy snow - even if it turns to rain later in the day - can still cause a lot of disruption. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, gales, snow, thunder and more snow

LRD March is the new Feb. Adamant the seasons have shifted a month on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
54 minutes ago, LRD said:

We've already had one of those IMBY - the weekend just gone. Felt like mid/late March! And that was after a very mild end to Jan

Very true!, It did feel like spring for a brief time here on Saturday but otherwise it was largely cloudy and drizzly at times. I'm looking forward to the blue skies in the strengthening sun. That to me is when it feels like it has really arrived!

Knowing our luck though we will get a cold sleety March.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
10 minutes ago, stodge said:

In all fairness, most expected a back-loaded winter which really means from mid-Feb onwards.

A back-loaded winter is late Jan into much of Feb. For example, 1978, 1986 and, an extreme example, 1947 (there goes the 1947 KLAXON). A back-loaded winter, for me, doesn't mean 10-14 days right at winter's death but if we do get a cold and snowy last fortnight of the winter, this season will be rescued

Edited by LRD
  • Like 1

Posted

LRD I'm afraid both you and @cheeky_monkey are wrong.

Whether you like it or not, March is basically a winter month - remember the infamous BTFE was in March, March 2013 was an absolute cold and snow lovers classic.

The back end of winter is probably now until Cheltenham - you know what they say, spring comes in behind the last horse in the Gold Cup !!

Posted

stodge What? How can you say we're wrong. That's what a back-loaded winter is. Basically the 2nd half

March is a spring month. So it's you that is wrong I'm afraid

• Like 2

Posted

Ali1977 fingers crossed for you mate we've spent so many hours chasing down cold spells with little reward this winter I be chuffed for you if the low ends up south..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

jellybaby1969 Well winter certainly is Dec, Jan and Feb. I'm not having that Dec is less of a winter month than March. That would make June less of  summer month than Sept. Never mind astronomical, we've always measured seasons as the Met Office measure them

That's sort of what I say - late Jan and the whole of Feb (or most of it) is what I'd consider as back-loaded. Not the last 10 days of the month

Edited by LRD