Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Louby

Posted

Afternoon Folks

A few snow flakes falling here at Old Street (City of London), was suprised, I was only expecting rain

Cheers

FC

Posted
The 'A' roads should be ok due to the continuous flow of traffic, but they will be gritted to be on the safe side. There will be a ground frost later on , so the gritting be be handy.

Side roads may experience a few cms of snow.

The MetO are going to release an updated weather warning within the hour

Temp is now 3c and it's still snowing here

Well it should be on its way down here soon then! <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
My netweather radar is saying rain for me but its definitely snow.... I've just been out to check! Its actually getting a bit heavier as I type.

Anyone else having this problem?

It happens, it is going by the latest local observations among other things, so when it is borderline it often gets it wrong.

Can't blame it really

Posted

Snowing in bury st edmunds. Fairl heavy and starting to settle! Yay!! Do we think it's here to stay?? Missed out last week be nice to have good covering for kids in morning!

Posted
My netweather radar is saying rain for me but its definitely snow.... I've just been out to check! Its actually getting a bit heavier as I type. Anyone else having this problem?

No

unfortunately <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
I'm heading back home to near Framlingham tonight, so i'm wondering the same. I won't be back until 10 pm or so, so could be tricky by that time.

Well. I am 5 miles from Framlingham and apart from an inch on the first day last week we have seen nothing of any consequence - mind you, with weather from a SW direction we seldom do.

It is easterlies that normally bring us any snow. This is a northerly source and although the radar suggests we will get hit this time I am not so sure - it smells like another damp squib at the moment.

East Suffolk watchers have developed an "I'll beieve it when I see it" stance, and have learned the hard way not to believe everything people tell us - particularly weather men! (and people from Norfolk).

Several Suffolkers post on here so check again before you leave if poss to see if anbything has changed, but at the moment it is overcast and DRY.

Bernard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
The 'A' roads should be ok due to the continuous flow of traffic, but they will be gritted to be on the safe side. There will be a ground frost later on , so the gritting be be handy.

Side roads may experience a few cms of snow.

The MetO are going to release an updated weather warning within the hour

Temp is now 3c and it's still snowing here

Thanks yamkin. Got to go out at 7.30, be sticking to main rds.

Edit...........BBC 24 now said up to 6cm!

Edited by snowray

Posted
Blizzard conditions here, a total whiteout.

The local council have just called out the National Guard (amazing because I didn't think we had a National Guard) to help clear the fluffy flakes from Mrs. Matthew's Gnome's noses. It's total chaos here, one old guy reckons that he hasn't seen such severe conditions as this since the time Mount Vesuvis erupted.

:(:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
A few flakes here, blink and miss it affair.

Reports of snow further east in the county such as Thrapston, but here in Northampton town itself, hardly notable as of 1651.

This is obviously a hoax message because I happen to know they didn't have email in 1651.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
This is obviously a hoax message because I happen to know they didn't have email in 1651.

not a hoax...just a small typo.... it should have read Ye Mail

Posted
Hmm this is odd! Is the radar playing up? We only have a handful of reports of snow despite the radar!

Probably evaporating in the upper layers...should start if they become saturated, i guess.

Posted

snow in the city of london