Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
Yup - that milky high stuff disappears almost at the same time that convection kicks off. Can't help but feel the SE will see something today, but it will probably be limited to North Downs and northward - I'd guess that the Medway River is probably the cut-off point and anywhere south and east of that is likely to not see much at all.

Waiting for and am very interested in the 12z Herstmonceaux ascent, though; if that shows good instability, then just about anywhere will have a chance.

ah yes! still under the milky high cloud but something has already rapidly grown to my west :rolleyes:

Dewpoint is 15.5C here if that helps :doh:

Posted
Skies have cleared in Central London MW - Big Towers visible to my North and North West!

Chasing from 5pm with James (UkStormChaser) and heading Northwards this evening

Paul S

Heading for The Wash area???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

As if Sheffield hadn't seen enough flash flooding recently!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

This is what we are enjoying on the coast, Langland webcam a few minutes ago.

post-3297-1245064670_thumb.jpg

Posted
ah yes! still under the milky high cloud but something has already rapidly grown to my west :rolleyes:

Dewpoint is 15.5C here if that helps :doh:

I might have to take a walk down to the M2 Medway Bridge, this evening. Good clear view West and all that and might be able to get a picture of lightning and water. You never know!

Td seems higher than expected - which is a good thing, but I think it is Tc that needs uppering (if that's a word!)

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
Reports of flash flooding in Sheffield

Again?

Do they do boat trips now?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: c'mon thunder
Reports of flash flooding in Sheffield

Can`t confirm this Dave but very heavy downpours across City now (sheffield - 7 hills rolling into only one natural exit Don valley causes problems more & more frequently these days?),

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=55408

Growing too!

Any reports from intense activity near Corby/West of Peterboro?

Posted

Hi Dave

Yes that is the Plan at the moment - Although as you say some recent Models break out precip further South just North of the Thames Estuary in that Time Frame so will see how it looks at 4-5pm.

Although I would expect to be taking (Hopefully) Lightning Pics as darkness falls around The Wash area.

You up for tagging along

:rolleyes:

Paul S

Posted

East midlands getting battered by SFERICS now pushing EAST into E anglia. Looks like the SE may just see something the way things are going, convection popping up everywhere but it seems as if southern parts are triggering off more rapdily, tracking a cell near me now, got light rain here now falling from white fluffy clouds lol. Defenetly unstable up there!!

Lovely sky here in hull; http://www.weatherinhull.com on me cam, you boys and girls that miss out today will no doubt be in for a real treat come this evenin when i get some storms :rolleyes:

Edited by Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Thunderstorm pulling away to my north, and also loosing intensity, attention is now turning westwards, and a large clump of showery stuff heading into mid-wales, its in an area of high (ish) CAPE and -2C L.I, heading due east towards the West Midlands....definitely worth tracking over the next 2-3 hours :rolleyes:

Posted
Hi Dave

Yes that is the Plan at the moment - Although as you say some recent Models break out precip further South just North of the Thames Estuary in that Time Frame so will see how it looks at 4-5pm.

Although I would expect to be taking (Hopefully) Lightning Pics as darkness falls around The Wash area.

You up for tagging along

:rolleyes:

Paul S

Wish I could, ultra busy etc etc :doh:

Posted

After a lovely start with clear blue skies the convecton outside is literally exploding.

I would love to see yet another tornado in Peterborough.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted

Wow some cells with 'extremely' heavy rain popping up to my North, South and West. Im looking forward to today! lol :rolleyes:

post-8635-1245065067_thumb.png

Posted

Some amazing looking CBs to my east (over the Pennines), north and now northwest too! Even without getting a storm it is lovely to observe those clouds in the distance. I wish I had the day off and I would have taken a drive!

Karyo

Posted
Wish I could, ultra busy etc etc :rolleyes:

Same here at the moment, would love to be out in the field at the moment like Mark H!!!! But have to see customer until 4pm but after that it will be Chasing all evening!

Paul S

Posted
East midlands getting battered by SFERICS now pushing EAST into E anglia. Looks like the SE may just see something the way things are going, convection popping up everywhere but it seems as if southern parts are triggering off more rapdily, tracking a cell near me now, got light rain here now falling from white fluffy clouds lol. Defenetly unstable up there!!

Lovely sky here in hull; http://www.weatherinhull.com on me cam, you boys and girls that miss out today will no doubt be in for a real treat come this evenin when i get some storms :rolleyes:

i clicked the link but the cam dosen't appear to be working

Posted

Dave (Eyein the sky) Watch out you have a Monster coming near to your location Mate!!

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Stuck in work today and without a car now also so I'm either going to miss out, or get very wet walking home :rolleyes: Looking at where things are popping up over the pennines, I'd imagine they'll be reaching the east coast around the time I leave work :/