Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Any coming our way Andy? Looks to be pivoting from the looks of my cheap radar app. Should fall as snow without too much problem now it's much colder outside than earlier

Where are you at the moment?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Interesting though, NW radar gfs based ppn is showing light/moderate snow for the nottingham/derby area, slow moving...might be a dusting in the offing....though not for Andy_Leics....lol....no snow for you matey! :clap:

Posted

Interesting though, NW radar gfs based ppn is showing light/moderate snow for the nottingham/derby area, slow moving...might be a dusting in the offing....though not for Andy_Leics....lol....no snow for you matey! :clap:

As ever :D It's raining at the moment, snow hates Leicester.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

As ever :clap: It's raining at the moment, snow hates Leicester.

lol..... ok, now sorted...kids are comatose, I'm loaded up with bicardi, kids have been told that 'father christmas' doesnt turn up till at least 11am due to a copious mince pies & booze binge and doesnt want to loose his license, thus the 'lay-in' is now booked....just hope the kids dont read this!...nighty nite all, and a very merry christmas! :D

Posted

Woah woah wait a minute, it's doing the impossible... Lamp post check confirms... Lightly snowing here in Leicester :)

WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!! First one I have seen since I was about 8 which was a good 13 years ago!!

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Sleet Falling here in the center of Milton Keynes, another degree cooler and i'll see a white Xmas :)

Posted

Woke up to about 2mm of new snow here in Oadby SE Leicester. That will do ! Side roads are white. Amazing that my little son's first Christmas is of the White variety. Who will start the AndyLeics gets White Christmas thread. Surely the stuff of NetWeather folklore? Merry Christmas one and all, fingers crossed for a proper snowstorm next week!

Edited by Downpour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

merry xmas! all on netweather, got a semi white Xmas, still decent snow left from my house, although a very slow thaw last night, temp was 1.4C at its highest, now skies clear at 0.5C

models look great but for midlands need a direct hit, lots of uncertainty next week, could be rain, snow or dry, few miles will make a huge difference

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp?zipcode=

Madness

100cm+ of snow fall in the next 2 weeks based on the 00z lol

lol just looking at that on metcheck, 1 week of continuous snow,

Posted

I had to get to bed so can't confirm whether or not a snowflake did eventually fall overnight for it to be classed as a White Christmas. Looking at the radar shortly after 3am was probably the best chance of that.

Still some patchy slush on the ground so it's the closest we've got since 2005. (a few days later)

Once again, Happy Christmas everybody and may there be many more snow opportunities in the weeks to come!

lol just looking at that on metcheck, 1 week of continuous snow,

Next week could potentially be EPIC in terms of snow. On the other hand it could be a rainfest. :lol: 'Be interesting to find out which occurs, hopefully the former.

From Thursday onwards snow looks LIKELY at the moment.

By the way, I can't remember since I joined Netweather such a promising looking cold spell starting less than a week after the last one had finished. :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

By the way, I can't remember since I joined Netweather such a promising looking cold spell starting less than a week after the last one had finished. shok.gif

Me neither. I have experienced 7 winters of mostly let-downs on here, so I'm more of a pessimist than most. The excitement wont start for me until the ppn is on the radar and the snow reports are making there way in to this thread at T0.

Edited by Supercell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Merry christmas to you all, does anyone know for my bet if a white christmas(a flake) happened in Birmingham 7/1, London7/1 and Norwich6/1 cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Me neither. I have experienced 7 winters of mostly let-downs on here, so I'm more of a pessimist than most. The excitement wont start for me until the ppn is on the radar and the snow reports are making there way in to this thread at T0.

I can echo that, Supercell - we joined at about the same time. :) Could this, after all the years' of pain and sorrow, really be THE ONE??? :)

Posted

I can echo that, Supercell - we joined at about the same time. :) Could this, after all the years' of pain and sorrow, really be THE ONE??? :)

Would be the epic letdown of all time if it isn't, I'm quietly confident. :)

Posted

I had to get to bed so can't confirm whether or not a snowflake did eventually fall overnight for it to be classed as a White Christmas. Looking at the radar shortly after 3am was probably the best chance of that.

Still some patchy slush on the ground so it's the closest we've got since 2005. (a few days later)

Once again, Happy Christmas everybody and may there be many more snow opportunities in the weeks to come!

Next week could potentially be EPIC in terms of snow. On the other hand it could be a rainfest. :) 'Be interesting to find out which occurs, hopefully the former.

From Thursday onwards snow looks LIKELY at the moment.

By the way, I can't remember since I joined Netweather such a promising looking cold spell starting less than a week after the last one had finished. :)

Yes it did snow - there was fresh snow/slush lying on the roads and cars.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

off topic, but merry christmas to Andy, Nick, Luke and all fellow midlands weather fanatics...hope you all have a good one! :)

Only just seen this so apologies for late reply, but thanks and Merry Christmas to you and everybody else!

Tuesday still looks tasty...back to Xbox now though :)

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Well, I can't actually believe it... at my other halves house last night about 1am it started snowing! My first white Christmas :)

Nothing at home though :)