Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion Part 21

Posted

SORRY not to be with the rest of you but hate snow and dread getting it as I have panic attacks because of the snow and with thunder storms as well lol. Snowing very lightly here now.

Posted

Theres a band of snow over the North East at the moment that is expected to pull south tonight, and may give a few cm's in parts of the region, then the North Easterlies are pulled in behind it

Started snowing here too now :D

Won't that drift down East coast, I'm west side of London in East Berks. Think I'm too far West?

Posted

It is gradually moving south too, but in doing so it loses it's supply through the Cheshire gap and as stated above will slowly fizzle out. Hopefully it can retain most of it's energy to give us a little bit of a covering, I'd estimate around 3-4pm at current rate :D

Yep spot on i think, cant see it being any more than a dusting by the time it sinks into the home counties but at least we'll have the advantage of being past the warmest part of the day (which will be within the next half an hour or so)

It should see the marginality seen further NW reduced somewhat, and hopefully a slight frost before to give it a platform to accumulate on

For us here its a case of watching intensity for the next couple of hours

SK

Posted
Indeed, I'd sooner be at home enjoying the snow with my family, than being sat in the cab of a snowed-in bus somewhere or other

What we need is a guided bussmile.gif

Posted

SORRY not to be with the rest of you but hate snow and dread getting it as I have panic attacks because of the snow and with thunder storms as well lol. Snowing very lightly here now.

In that case you should move to surrey :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

I'm very sorry to read of that :D...

Posted

It is gradually moving south too, but in doing so it loses it's supply through the Cheshire gap and as stated above will slowly fizzle out. Hopefully it can retain most of it's energy to give us a little bit of a covering, I'd estimate around 3-4pm at current rate :D

You'll be amazed the amount of times I've seen ppn forming in the Cheshire Gap and intensify as it moves further inland. There is another band of ppn behind the current ppn which is currently over Cambs. This next band of ppn has intensified and is heading in the direction of London. Question is, will the ppn fizzle out or keep it's intensity going? I will say the ppn will keep intensifying with surprised snow for many of us in a few hours time.

Just going to freshen up and then take my son to the shops to buy wellies.

Posted

Won't that drift down East coast, I'm west side of London in East Berks. Think I'm too far West?

It is very slowly heading south in a stream, but you might see some snow later. Its not settling snow, very wet and sleety at times

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

slightly clouding over in Norwich,but think this band might be few miles south of us

Posted

Woke to very light dusting of snow here, some of it has melted in the sun, currently very cold outside out of the sun, but blue skies and no signs of clouds, nothing falling from sky all morning.

Posted

Welcome to the Forum DanDan :) Im sure everyone will get very fanatical and excited about next week, prospects for a lot of significant snowfall! And its snowing here now!

Thanks!.......No snow here just bright with few high clouds and cold wind......

Posted

Chucking it down with Snow now, huge flakes, another hour of this and it may settle :)

Edit: IT is settling!

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Woke to very light dusting of snow here, some of it has melted in the sun, currently very cold outside out of the sun, but blue skies and no signs of clouds, nothing falling from sky all morning.

hopefully next week looks good for us lot..lets hope being near the coast it will be snow rather then rain for you

Posted

This has to be one of the brightest days I can ever remember here in Sunny Lowestoft. Almost blinding sunshine, really lovely.

Posted

Chucking it down with Snow now, huge flakes, another hour of this and it may settle laugh.gif

pass it this way

Posted

This has to be one of the brightest days I can ever remember here in Sunny Lowestoft. Almost blinding sunshine, really lovely.

Yes, very nice day here aswell. Lovely crisp sunshine. Nearly makes all the worries of when and where will snow will go, dissapear. Not quite thoughlaugh.gif

Posted

Does the coming week also look good for the far south east? East Kent? I want a slice of the pie as-well so I'm hoping there is enough to go round!

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

You'll be amazed the amount of times I've seen ppn forming in the Cheshire Gap and intensify as it moves further inland. There is another band of ppn behind the current ppn which is currently over Cambs. This next band of ppn has intensified and is heading in the direction of London. Question is, will the ppn fizzle out or keep it's intensity going? I will say the ppn will keep intensifying with surprised snow for many of us in a few hours time.

Just going to freshen up and then take my son to the shops to buy wellies.

Little snow is expected south of London, perhaps a dusting in some places. Latest information this morning suggests that the band of wintry ppn will weaken as it heads into the SE.

I think down here we are looking at Tues/Weds when things could get very interesting!smile.gif

Posted

so are we due to get a covering tonite from the ppn over the north east region as it moves south?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We already had a covering (@ 1 cm) from early evening New Year's Eve. We went to a party in Cambridge that night and they were snowless and a lot warmer, but when we got back home it was still there sparkling in the moonlight… I'm starting to believe we'll have a foot of the stuff by the end of the month.

Thank God the logs are being delivered on Monday.

Posted

Snow all but stopped here. Looking at the radar snow could return in a hour or so