Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

I've been a bit disappointed with the shower activity today. I've only managed a cm or 2 at a push. The radar looks promising with that clump out in the North Sea but I suspect it will get sucked down to the North York Moors.

Posted

dont give up hope yet, I was always under the impression the most showers would happen through this evening. Still many out to sea, so keep watching the radar. Must of had about 1cm from the last shower.

Certainly not giving up yet but this is one thing i hate about these kind of ne'lies is that if you are not in the train of showers you get very little. Look at that gap between the 2 train of showers.

I prefer a good old Northerly or easterly, both has longer sea tracks thus producing more widespread snow showers out in the North Sea. Showers are failry widespread but there is still come large gaps.

Posted

I've been a bit disappointed with the shower activity today. I've only managed a cm or 2 at a push. The radar looks promising with that clump out in the North Sea but I suspect it will get sucked down to the North York Moors.

I have also... TWS mentioned that we we have had a flow of showers from the NE, but as they have hit land they have been taken away with a northerly flow... Makes sense having watched every radar picture output today!

Now the flow has switched to a more easterly direction, we should start to see the showers push more in land and not fizzle out as much. There are some nice echos out to sea which would give a great covering if they happened

Certainly not giving up yet but this is one thing i hate about these kind of ne'lies is that if you are not in the train of showers you get very little. Look at that gap between the 2 train of showers.

I prefer a good old Northerly or easterly, both has longer sea tracks thus producing more widespread snow showers out in the North Sea. Showers are failry widespread but there is still come large gaps.

you're right, it does look like a good two hour gap before the posibility of the next shower! :unsure:

Edited by izi

Posted

We're currently in the middle of a really heavy snow shower. The road outside is totally white and the footsteps that were in the already laying snow have been filled and a bit more added on top~ :unsure: brilliant!

Tammy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Looking at the latest radar places to the south of the region such as Teesside could get an inch or two in a couple of hours.

Posted

I have also... TWS mentioned that we we have had a flow of showers from the NE, but as they have hit land they have been taken away with a northerly flow... Makes sense having watched every radar picture output today!

Now the flow has switched to a more easterly direction, we should start to see the showers push more in land and not fizzle out as much. There are some nice echos out to sea which would give a great covering if they happened

Down in Yarm we had a few more cm over night. Been a remarkable cold spell, have had snow on the gorund outside every day since Dec 17th and its a while since we had that length of cold. Not sure what the chances are for tonight, radar makes frustrating viewing with showers always out to sea then faiding out as they make land fall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Looking at the latest radar places to the south of the region such as Teesside could get an inch or two in a couple of hours.

Oh that be a nice top up! drinks.gifdrunk.gifyahoo.gifbiggrin.gif

Posted

Massive shower heading this way on the radar

the latest shows it moving south like it may miss us!

this really does make for frustrating viewing!

Posted

Lovely Moderate snow here again yahoo.gif

Posted

That was looking a direct hit for us but is now taking a more SWerly track like you suggested.

Posted

Should see some heavier showers, maybe thundersnow, later on with the cape getting larger according to the charts.

Posted

Should see some heavier showers, maybe thundersnow, later on with the cape getting larger according to the charts.

what are your feelings on those showers coming to us rather than york moors?

Posted

The Teeside area might get something but I think I'll probably miss out. The showers to watch are the ones going into South East Scotland and North Northumberland at the moment. The 12z NMM takes this line of showers down the East Coast overnight. My area seems to have a chance of showers for around 5 hours from 4am to 9am. As always though it'll be a case of watching the radar.

Edited by fozi999

Posted
  • Location: Near Stocksfield, Northumberland @ 850ft 25miles from north sea
  • Location: Near Stocksfield, Northumberland @ 850ft 25miles from north sea

The 1830 shows some meaty looking showers coming down from central Scotland to join the party! Bring it on. We Want 3 foot say we want 3 foot!

Posted

what are your feelings on those showers coming to us rather than york moors?

We will probably catch the edge of the first band which wont amount to much just a bit of light snow but hoping that some wider bands will form behind it and smack the whole region.

Posted

The Teeside area might get something but I think I'll probably miss out. The showers to watch are the ones going into South East Scotland and North Northumberland at the moment. The 12z NMM takes this line of showers down the East Coast overnight. My area seems to have a chance of showers for around 5 hours from 4am to 9am. As always though it'll be a case of watching the radar.

thats good to know, i was wondering if they were heading south!

Posted

We will probably catch the edge of the first band which wont amount to much just a bit of light snow but hoping that some wider bands will form behind it and smack the whole region.

I think that's possible; on the radar you can see the showers to the North starting to form further South. Hopefully it'll happen but I think it's an outside bet.

Posted

Lovely moderate snow drinks.gif