Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well if it continues like this now then there is going to be serious transport problems! We usually get gritted well here but they have struggled today or its not working enough! Traffic already slowing here.

Posted

I know it's great lol ! , only down the road here in Bromsgrove.

More snow on the way in few hours. laugh.gifcold.gif

Precipitation is intensifying just south west of us.

Had a hell of a game getting home at 11 this morning all i can say people is don't drive rear wheel drive cars or vans.

yep! we r getting a right pasting!

sam my mate who lives where you do couldn't get to work this afternoon here in redditch! (she works at the same place as me) they phoned me to ask i could get there to cover her shift! well..... i tried but never got there! i had to turn the car round and come back home! drunk.gif

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted

Just started heavy with snow again.

Not sure how much we will get .

Does anyone know when the NW forecast is updated from the 06z to the 12z?

Cheers

Edited by keviwal

Posted

Well its still snowing here in north warks just like Phil mentioned earlier! Fingers crossed it'll carry on and build up! Hoping for that 15cm mentioned on the beeb just but I have a feeling we might be too north for that here where I am lol.

Posted

Coleshill to the east of Birmingham is reporting heavy rain showers on xcweather. That can't be right? I'm assuming its some kind of automatic reporting system?

Snow still coming down pretty well here.

Lets get some out towards Telford and Shrewsbury now so we can have complete coverage around the West Midlands and surrounding counties!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Woah! Big flakes here and very slow moving! Severe situation in the making! Traffic right down now.

Posted

This has to be the worst snow event in years for shropshire. Everyone is getting snow we have absolutely nothing. Im so gutted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Think radar is missing precip as it's literally starting out of nothing almost... must be snowing over a very large area. Really coming down heavy here now - and no wind. It's going nowhere fast!

Posted

Woah! Big flakes here and very slow moving! Severe situation in the making! Traffic right down now.

When you say nr stourbridge whereabouts are you? I work in birmingham but live in wollescote nr lye

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Amazing out there! Everywhere is covered now and it's still coming down moderatly, if this lasts another 4+ hours it will turn into the most snow I have ever seen here :yahoo:

Here is a pic I took from my dodgy camera phone lol.

post-2115-12627115983552_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It's closing in, and would it be heavier than what your all getting as they're darker pink and red

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

I'm with you on this...the northern band spiraling around the LP will weaken, but combined with the snow currently over the west midlands, should still provide a nice covering by morning...Not expecting cm's & cm's of snow, but 1-3 inches, quite probable :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Really have no idea how the next few hours will pan out! Just taking one quick look at the Radar would suggest that the central Midlands is in an ideal place for further persisten snowfall. But, I suspect that's about it for here now. There will probably be a few more light-moderate falls but generally I think the event is coming to a close for here, that is unless the precip over the Midlands can intensify considerably.

In south brum we had an afternoons worth of teeny tiny flakes after the big morning fall. When we got home from school at 4 my kids went out into the back garden to play, they cleared all the snow off the garden table etc... they came in after half 4 and already we've had a good cm or so covering the areas that they cleared. The flakes are now getting bigger too and it's a pretty moderate fall rate.

My washing line lost it's snow covering in the afternoon sun - but now it's all white again!

If it carries on like this for a bit it will be the deepest snow we've had for ages!

Now that my husband and kids are all home safe and sound I'm saying 'bring it on' :yahoo:

Edited by camperstron

Posted

When you say nr stourbridge whereabouts are you? I work in birmingham but live in wollescote nr lye

Just to the North and just outside the Stourbridge area around Q Bank.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Think radar is missing precip as it's literally starting out of nothing almost... must be snowing over a very large area. Really coming down heavy here now - and no wind. It's going nowhere fast!

The radar is useless this evening. You are better off just checking your lamp post.

Posted

Coleshill to the east of Birmingham is reporting heavy rain showers on xcweather. That can't be right? I'm assuming its some kind of automatic reporting system?

Snow still coming down pretty well here.

Lets get some out towards Telford and Shrewsbury now so we can have complete coverage around the West Midlands and surrounding counties!

Well I'm not too far from coleshill and its snowing unless they're all lighting the fires and running the Cannock hairdryer over there hah

Posted

Our road is now completely covered and traffic doing 10mph at best!

Posted

Just to the North and just outside the Stourbridge area around Q Bank.

Marvellous! Just up the road, glad to hear it's bad round there! Making my way to Cradley Heath on the trains as we speak.

Wish me luck...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Amazing out there! Everywhere is covered now and it's still coming down moderatly, if this lasts another 4+ hours it will turn into the most snow I have ever seen here :drinks:

Here is a pic I took from my dodgy camera phone lol.

For goodness sake it didn't rotate the pic lol, here it is rotated...

post-2115-12627117247752_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

In south brum we had an afternoons worth of teeny tiny flakes after the big morning fall. When we got home from school at 4 my kids went out into the back garden to play, they cleared all the snow off the garden table etc... they came in after half 4 and already we've had a good cm or so covering the areas that they cleared. The flakes are now getting bigger too and it's a pretty moderate fall rate.

My washing line lost it's snow covering in the afternoon sun - but now it's all white again!

If it carries on like this for a bit it will be the deepest snow we've had for ages!

Now that my husband and kids are all home safe and sound I'm saying 'bring it on' :drinks:

you get snow, and its cheaper than 'Daz Ultra' for getting your whites whiter than white!...What more can you ask for?? :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Now that my husband and kids are all home safe and sound I'm saying 'bring it on' :drinks:

In the time it took me to write that it bloody stopped snowing LOL!!!