Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Well I'm in the firing line for this massive band of PPN coming up! looks like it will hit me in about 45mins - 1 hour. Good luck everyone, it's all about to begin, just about to go put my coat and gloves on!

my predictions for tomorrow by 12pm

Reading: 25-30cm

Surrey: 15-25cm

London: 10cm

Kent: 5cm

Hey all

My thoughts entirely - good luck and stay safe. Dont travel please at all it really isnt necessary. I am off now and have to try and use an internet that wont work so it maybe checking up on my mobile time which will be painfully slow.......

One other thing if you have any elderly neighbours or vulnerable please think of them and keep an eye out or check they are ok.

polar bear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Just going to add, this is only the beginning! there is potential for an even bigger event on Friday and Saturday! we could have over a foot of lying snow by the end of the weekend! and then there is next week, judging by the ECM and UKMO we will be at the mercy of easterlies and streamers, the fun has only just begun!! drunk.gifyahoo.gifunknw.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Really?

Interesting.

I would say Sky is better than the BBC to be honest. May have to switch it on..

Yes please do. I may have read it wrong as I just caught the end bit, but she definietly said it seems to be increasing. It could still be very marginal though. The graphics aren't that clear really on it. Have a look and see what you think :unsure:

Posted

Just going to add, this is only the beginning! there is potential for an even bigger event on Friday and Saturday! we could have over a foot of lying snow by the end of the weekend! and then there is next week, judging by the ECM and UKMO we will be at the mercy of easterlies and streamers, the fun has only just begun!! drunk.gifyahoo.gifunknw.gif

We will remember this winter for many a year to come people :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Each season has its own merits but, since you press me, heavy snow

Without wishing to be pedantic, the forecast on the 7-16 day states snow almost every hour today AND tomorrow. I was pointing out that this is at major odds with the met office forecast, sadly. Here's hoping.

Stop press - met office have turned us (Cambridgeshire) yellow. A step in the right direction!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

It's so close now! Looking good. Will report when i see the first flake

Should reach me about 15 minutes after you good.gif

Posted

Agree with you KOLD on the location I did make a call this morning based on the interpretaive ones we receive and the confidence bands.

I have to say i think the downgraded areas will receive sig snow anyway.

Are there any freely available updates now before this becomes a nowcast. I can use and understand METARS but wondered if any other models output before its due to hit...guess the 18z GFS will. any other FAX or NAE charts.

I also reiterate this (and this is the concern at work) the bands on weds and thurs could really pepper some of the home counties and greater london an surrey on top of the snow tonight. If that occurs the amount of snow depth by the weekend could be interesting to say the least.

N24 forecast due in 15-18 mins. Then there will no doubt be much discussion on the 18:00 news.

Has to be one of the most exciting periods, Im glad I have most this week off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

its not snowing in high wycombe at the moment

I hope to get a few cms what do you think

Atleast, probably More than that.. high wycomes like the center of this id say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

LOL don't bank on it Kold take it from someone who travels the route every day by train..... if the snow pushes all the way into the London area from Surrey which seems likely... trains around here notoriously come to a stand still

Oh yesss… As an oldie whose Dad used to commute up to London from Haslemere, I can promise it all went pear shaped when they discontinued the heavier (and therefore more 'snow-worthy') steam trains in the early 1960s. I really would advise working from home if you possibly can tomorrow… M25 will be a nightmare, trains will be bu**ered too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

I'm meant to be hiring a van to drive my gf's stuff to her parents in Milton Keynes from south east London on Saturday, could be an interesting trip! cold.gif

Posted

As expected - not a single flake for Cambridgeshire - it always misses us. All I can hope for is showers drifting inland from the wash area.....boo..!

Sucks doesn't it :(

Posted

did either you mesocyclone or rob...catch the rogue rain shower

And what is near heathrow...egahm, stains, stanwell??

Posted

Quite right TEITS, I think Thursday favours your location far more then this one, of course worth remembering any snowfall that does settle is going to staying the course once it all ices up, so any top ups will just add to the depth of the snowfall even after it compacts somewhat.

I think its safe to say this has been NW busiest ever day by some way!

Have to confess im not even sure I fancy 1ft of snow in my region!

Im still relying on others to help me due to being on crutches still. Just imagine the problems a foot of snow could bring. There wouldn't be any taxis, buses, a complete nightmare.

By the way have you seen the UKMO? ENEly on Sat, direct E,ly Sun.

Posted

It's so close now! Looking good. Will report when i see the first flake

I'm not that far from you ... (just to the north of Basingstoke) and its bucketing down with snow here -- roads and fields already well covered

Posted
As expected - not a single flake for Cambridgeshire - it always misses us. All I can hope for is showers drifting inland from the wash area.....boo..!

St Neots gets covered by the St Ives snow shields which are now raised

Posted

We will remember this winter for many a year to come people :(

how you doing Tommy?

looking better for us tonight, roads here have gone very quiet everyone making a dash to make sure they make it home

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

biggrin.gifMy prediction: Most of South East including Three Counties (Beds, Bucks, Herts) will get 35-40cm.clap.gif

Posted

Us in Herts need the front to sustain it's northward thrust for another few hours and then maybe, just maybe, we might get a decent fall!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

Kent Is still yellow feel sorry for us !!!

Essex is too:(

Posted

biggrin.gifMy prediction: Most of South East including Three Counties (Beds, Bucks, Herts) will get 35-40cm.clap.gif

LOL, that would result in mass sackings in Exeter