Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Just been to Sainsbury's here in Tonbridge and the shelves looked like a plague of locusts had swept through!! I wonder whether the panic buying is justified though??? What are West Kent's chances tonight if anyone knows?

yea i got it all lol ,beans 1.50,braed 2.50 etc etc,recession aint there,got to make a bob or two somewhere:)

Edited by TN9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

oh I would love it if the system made an unexpected turn eastwards into Kent, Essex and Sussex. Mind you, I have to go to work tomorrow!

That's exactly what i'm hoping to not have to do if it does get us :) Edited by Lightning James

Posted

Front should start to pivot soon as the low is developing nicely, won't be much more NE motion to the front as the pivoting action will drag the front up and wraparound the low. Where it ends up in the next hour or two, the northern extent will be the bullseye zone. So as expected, SW/W of London look best much in line with the models.

Posted

Indeed.

Starting to head north though. Looks like just clipping NW london.

Indeed - am thinking I might be in just about the right place for maximum acculumation.

Should get a load from this and then a further accumulation from the front coming from the north tomorrow

Posted

we have 2-3cm of fresh snow here in stanhoe, north norfolk. hoping to get a little more (very likely at some point this week)

We have a shallow duck pond in the village and the ducks normally keep a small area clear of ice by swimming in circles all day/night (not a joke LOL), its so cold that it has completely frozen over and the ducks are without water. Looks like i will have to go with the spade to clear some ice tommorow for them.

the phenomenal thing is the temps we are getting, met/bbc progged -2c for my area at 18z today, current temp is -6.2c! (2 metres above ground)

cant imagine what the minimums could get to over the weekend/next week, if the north easterly verifies then we will get some severe cold in the region. I have family in southern norway and they are even moaning about the cold this year, and that same air will be flooding toward us.

just a random question, does anybody know whether we have additives in diesel fuel to stop it from freezing/going sludgy like they do on the continent?? could become a problem with the continuing cold spell if we dont!

michael

They add anti waxing agents in diesel from abour Oct/Nov onwards, so i wouldnt worry. It would have to be well below minus -10 to consider cutting it with anything, petrol being the best but this will vary from car to car.

Posted

yea i got it all lol ,beans 1.50,braed 2.50 etc etc,recession aint there,got to make a bob or two somewhere:)

I work in a supermarket in the Weald and the bread has been flying off the shelves like I have never seen before!

Posted

Moderate snow in Rickmansworth - already a covering.

Do not expect this to stop for several hours as we are now on the conveyer from the south coast

Not you too.....nothing here.

Posted

Extreme Severe Weather Warning has been received here in the Croydon Borough. 10 inches min is expected over night into tomorrow and much more into the weekend and possibly into next week too :):D:D:):):)

Posted

to me it looks like the snow is starting to piviot back north.

I know, it's looking less good for East Herts now, whilst just west of here will probably get tonnes :) Stevenage, Luton, Bucks I'm looking at you :)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Front should start to pivot soon as the low is developing nicely, won't be much more NE motion to the front as the pivoting action will drag the front up and wraparound the low. Where it ends up in the next hour or two, the northern extent will be the bullseye zone. So as expected, SW/W of London look best much in line with the models.

We do need to keep an eye on the precipitation south of kent though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Looks like I may be just a little too north east for this. Its starting to pivot and head in a more northerly direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Sun

TEITS - did you draw a line up the A10 - looks like we are possibly going to just miss out here in Ware

Posted

Ok here is my map for tonight. The red indicates where 30cm is possible. Around 10-20 in the white.

If it goes wrong please don't moan at me. Just trying to do my best for you all.

TEITS - As usual I agree with you, however I also have a feeling that we could see a lot more snow than

expected over the next 24hrs due to the extremely unusual weather synoptics. For instance depending

on where and how long it takes the replacement low to get its act together we could end up with a very

slow moving system dumping a lot more snow than is expected at the current time.

As mentioned by others much more knowledgable than me - I expect all areas to get at least a little of the

laying snow experience by the weekend

Everyone please be considerate of those more needy than yourself and whatever you do - dont go on a

cross country car trip for a few days at least :)

Posted

Indeed - am thinking I might be in just about the right place for maximum acculumation.

Should get a load from this and then a further accumulation from the front coming from the north tomorrow

Where about are you stu? I look like I might pick up a bit soonish in Ealing. Tbh I was under the impression it would be a late night job, yet that looks fairly close

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Just seen Sky News and Isobel Lang now talking in terms of 63 and 47, getting very excited, no let up in sight! drinks.gif

Posted

ECM 12Z coming out:

http://www.wzkarten3.de/pics/Recm721.gif

http://www.wzkarten3.de/pics/Recm961.gif

http://www.wzkarten3.de/pics/Recm1021.gif

Inline with other models - unstable NE or Easterly bring plenty of snow to all in EA/SE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

waiting anxiously, going to start any second now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Extreme Severe Weather Warning has been received here in the Croydon Borough. 10 inches min is expected over night into tomorrow and much more into the weekend and possibly into next week too help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

well once again yamkin you were spot on. you proged this yesterday if i remember well done

Posted

Im a bit conused :) That front near London is heading north and we all of a sudden seem to be in direct line. Is this correct or am i way off? No real warnings for bedfordshire today! We normally do ok for snow near Luton Airport.

Posted

Extreme Severe Weather Warning has been received here in the Croydon Borough. 10 inches min is expected over night into tomorrow and much more into the weekend and possibly into next week too :):):help::cold::cold::cold:

ooooohhhhh Yamkin. I'm in Bromley, will that include me too?

Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

ITV London forecast now...