Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

We should get a covering at the very least, although would prefer the heavier falls and a good few inches

Hey Andy! Most forecasts/sources giving Herts quite a few inches!

Posted

Oh ye of little faith - don't write us off yet guys, the night is still young. We didn't miss it last Feb did we.

But it seems to circle right round us, its ridiculous!! We will probably be the only area in the whole of the UK to miss out from this :o

Posted

1-2 cm fallen so far in south west surrey, quite heavy and big chunks, started about half hour ago

Good to hear, front looking very tasty over CS England right now and this is moving now as others have noted into the SW portion of the zone. Next 24hrs going to be mighty interesting gotta be said!

Posted

Just want to say don't bother with the Met O warnings and stick with the radar.

Tonight is simple really. Those who miss the snowfall are likely to see some tomorrow morning when the next front pulls S.

OK TEITS. Thanks

Posted

But it seems to circle right round us, its ridiculous!! We will probably be the only area in the whole of the UK to miss out from this :o

my thoughts exactly and it looked so promising for us just hours ago

Posted

Haven't been looking out of my window lately sorry I haven't noticed any showers though. Yes, near those areas, very close to Staines, but I live about 6 miles south of Heathrow

Nope. Not had a drop yet. I think it will start very very soon for me.

Posted

I trust this chart properly assigns risk (for midnight) for those who are asking ...

post-5986-12627137283352_thumb.gif

Happy ramping!!

(Worth noting that the MetO, although moved it East, a bit are still going for the more westerly solution.

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

It seems to be heading towards london, after taking that very brief turn north!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Hey Andy! Most forecasts/sources giving Herts quite a few inches!

Saint...i think that and the alerts to the Herts Highway people are referring more to West Herts.

We in the east could be too far east for this one and too far west for later in the week!

Mind you I'm still hoping for snow like I use to dream of as a small boy where the empty half of the sugar bowl would get a little dusting at first and then rapidly fill up with sugar.....I mean snow! :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

But it seems to circle right round us, its ridiculous!! We will probably be the only area in the whole of the UK to miss out from this biggrin.gif

Time will tellmellow.gif

Posted

Travelling from North Norfolk to Ely Tomorrow and according to local and national (BBC) should be ok. Hope it does not snow in these areas as the trip will be a nightmare.:o:)

Posted

Are things looking good for me in Reigate, I know Surrey is looking good generally but am I too far east?

id say pretty good, south west surrey already has 2cm and its heading your way

Posted

ETA of heavy snow in London around 8-9pm I reckon. The LP system responsible is also slightly further E IMO.

For those moaning about the lack of snow in Cambs, Norfolk. Well the front unfortunately stalled. We need to wait until the LP drifts S and we pull in the ENE,lys. Im expecting the snow in Peterborough around 6am.

I will add though there is a very slight chance the band of snow may hit some of Cambs. Im really uncertain of the N extent.

Posted

incase any1 does not know this is a great site to tell where the latest snow is following, it correlates peoples twitter posts into where the snow is

http://uksnow.benmarsh.co.uk/

highly recomend using

Or you could just use the radar :-S

Posted

Saint...i think that and the alerts to the Herts Highway people are referring more to West Herts.

We in the east could be too far east for this one and too far west for later in the week!

Mind you I'm still hoping for snow like I use to dream of as a small boy where the empty half of the sugar bowl would get a little dusting at first and then rapidly fill up with sugar.....I mean snow! :drinks:

Im in West Herts! Feel more sorry for you lot in the East! But it may well come for you!

Posted

I trust this chart properly assigns risk (for midnight) for those who are asking ...

post-5986-12627137283352_thumb.gif

Happy ramping!!

(Worth noting that the MetO, although moved it East, a bit are still going for the more westerly solution.

Thanks VP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Hi guys I'm in dover today, had snow on and off today! Wonder what my journey from dover to ipswich will be like tomorrow! Radar watching will be fun tonight!

Posted

Are things looking good for me in Reigate, I know Surrey is looking good generally but am I too far east?

yeah think so , we should get some soon , we are right on the edge of the current band , just need it it edge east a touch